finally a cool place to go
Welcome 2 Cyberspace

Postby Celiac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am

that’s true also though
You are canceled for me. Buh bye.
Celiac

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 am

shizaam wrote:
milano boy wrote:went to di and di last night. had the shrimp chips, fried pig tails, pomelo + rock shrimp salad, brisket pho. very good spot!

is the line manageable again? went pretty early on and it was crazy (but really want to go back)

we walked in at 730 on a weds and were seated right away. i think we got kinda lucky, but i think i saw some other people walk in and sit at the bar
milano boy

Postby delgriffith » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 am

Celiac wrote:The observation deck was 200 million dollars

delgriffith

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

also, like, fuck "the shed".
milano boy

Postby Franco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:26 am

fuck the shed, kill the vessel, shit the deck
Franco

Postby Celiac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:26 am

Hey remember how mid 2010s sci-fi games all had the same weird insect enemies that had amber hexagonal architecture? Here’s 200 million dollars, take that to midtown and build a staircase
Celiac

Postby Franco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 am

Ross actually told Forbes he doesnt understand the exclusivity criticism bc theres a shake shack and zara
Franco

Postby gauchebag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

my hombre just bought me a ticket to see bill callahan in july at murmmrrr theater in the jewish temple by grand army plaza, been wanting to go there for a while. nice short ride home after the show too.
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby landspeedrecord » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 am

milano boy wrote:also, like, fuck "the shed".

no.

it’s easily one of the nicest pieces of architecture that has been erected in recent memory, they work on the patronage model where they pay artists to produce new work for the space, they’re multidisciplinary, and a lot of their curatorial staff are women and poc

like sure, it’s monied. this is the art world after all. but it has serious promise imo
rather be an idiot than a sheeple
landspeedrecord

Postby landspeedrecord » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 am

gauchebag wrote:my hombre just bought me a ticket to see bill callahan in july at murmmrrr theater in the jewish temple by grand army plaza, been wanting to go there for a while. nice short ride home after the show too.

now that’s a good friend! tix sold out in like 5 minutes
landspeedrecord

Postby galactagogue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 am

landspeedrecord wrote:

no.

it’s easily one of the nicest pieces of architecture that has been erected in recent memory, they work on the patronage model where they pay artists to produce new work for the space, they’re multidisciplinary, and a lot of their curatorial staff are women and poc

like sure, it’s monied. this is the art world after all. but it has serious promise imo

im actually really curious about this. the artist i work for has some offer to work with the shed-- he's obviously black. the shed website reads like stardard Chelsea Art World stuff but I was curious about how it reads in the city's usual line-up. This is probably a tenuous connection but I'm getting Red Bull Music vibes too.

What was yr issue with it Milano?
thank GOD for this cbd scrunchy
galactagogue

Postby milknight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am

im just generally pro-shed
milknight

Postby Celiac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 am

the shed also fwiw is the least related to the greater project by the development company related (a totally awful company)
Celiac

Postby milknight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 am

delgriffith wrote:Lets all go take a shit on the observation deck.

another accidental meetup, but instead of sitting next to each other at a nets game, we lock eyes while shitting on the observation deck
milknight

Postby landspeedrecord » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am

now that’s a meet-cute
landspeedrecord

Postby milknight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:56 am

landspeedrecord wrote:now that’s a meet-cute

"you shit here often?"
milknight

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 am

shitting my pants in solidarity right now
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am

landspeedrecord wrote:

no.

re: being one of the nicest pieces of architecture that has been erected in recent memory, that's pretty subjective! and i agree with you that it has promise, but 'm leaning towards that promise not being fulfilled to what you or i would want. idk, we'll see!
milano boy

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 am

galactagogue wrote:
landspeedrecord wrote:

no.

im actually really curious about this. the artist i work for has some offer to work with the shed-- he's obviously black. the shed website reads like stardard Chelsea Art World stuff but I was curious about how it reads in the city's usual line-up. This is probably a tenuous connection but I'm getting Red Bull Music vibes too.

i think the make up of the board is really bizarre and it's just a bunch of people who want to attach themselves to an org to be in the "cool kids club". i think best case scenario, it'll be a more interesting park avenue armory, worst case scenario it will be just boring rich persons playground with minority/POC art posturing.

edit: should add that the board at a place of this size and this amount of capital pretty much dictates what goes on at an org like this.
Last edited by milano boy on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
milano boy

Postby Celiac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 am

the shed sort of just looks like yotel to me
Celiac

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 am

milano boy wrote:
galactagogue wrote:
landspeedrecord wrote:

no.

i think the make up of the board is really bizarre and it's just a bunch of people who like to attach themselves to an org to be in the "cool kids club". i think best case scenario, it'll be a more interesting park avenue armory, worst case scenario it will be just boring rich persons playground with minority/POC art posturing.

the board is definitely kind of strange
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 am

one other thing, i think a place that strives to be wildly multi disciplinary like the shed seems to be aiming for often has a ton of programming misses, because they have no consistent focus.
milano boy

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am

also, fwiw, i'd love to be proven wrong in all my cynicism above.
milano boy

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

still shitting myself in solidarity over here...
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Welcome 2 Cyberspace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am

i've never seen milano boy so wrong and he's wrong like 99% of the time really hard
Welcome 2 Cyberspace

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am

plz explain
milano boy

Postby Welcome 2 Cyberspace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am

Do I have to??!
Welcome 2 Cyberspace

Postby big zorb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:50 am

milano boy more like milwrongo boy
big zorb
smiling drinker

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....