Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby pink snake » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:07 pm

thanks, Lockheed, that place looks pretty neat. probably a lil too fancy for my fam though.

pink snake

Postby shizaam » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:50 pm

love pam real thai in hell's kitchen. good for groups, and can easily order a ton of stuff and try everything. killer larbs. https://www.yelp.com/biz/pam-real-thai-food-new-york

shizaam

Postby loaf angel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 pm

lockheed wrote:
loaf angel wrote:has anyone been to +The Dance+ ?

thought about seeing Wild Nothing there Monday

sort of. i went to this kinda party that wiki did, but it was just the front room, i didn't see the actual stage room in the back. I did meet one of the bookers outside and he was on a bit of acid and super nice. I totally forgot they were doing that fuckin gene clark listening party, which is so odd for that venue/neighborhood.

it seems chill and they are like booking good shows from the jump, i think MIKE did one of the first ones, so cool so far

Im here. very laid back. I also wanted to go to the gene Clark thing and was stoked about it a week before and totally forgot day of. the stage room is like maybe 75% larger than the bar room with a very low rise stage. cool place, I dig the no frills. surprised by the lack of turnout since the band is playing a near sold out show @ Elsewhere on Wed. maybe just a hidden treasure for the time being
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby gentleman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:00 pm

as a person who lives downtown and watches every live venue close and move 6 stops out on the L train, i should support this. i used to go to elvis' guesthouse on ave a...i guess we should enjoy the dance while its still here.

gentleman

Postby endless dave » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 pm

came back from a week long vacation to find that there was a big leak above me somewhere that pulled the paint down along a wall in my bedroom and now mushrooms took root and burst out of the paint and there are at least 7 caps sprouting out of my wall and god knows how many in the wood. landlord said he'd get someone over here tomorrow morning but who knows

anyway, I am looking for a new place around the Graham Ave L now!

endless dave

Postby famnexdo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:04 am

woah cool did you take any pics of the mushrooms?

famnexdo

Postby table for one » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 am

endless dave wrote:came back from a week long vacation to find that there was a big leak above me somewhere that pulled the paint down along a wall in my bedroom and now mushrooms took root and burst out of the paint and there are at least 7 caps sprouting out of my wall and god knows how many in the wood. landlord said he'd get someone over here tomorrow morning but who knows

buddy, this is real fuckin gross.

table for one

Postby came to wreck » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 pm

100 gecs djing at the dance on Friday night!

came to wreck

Postby endless dave » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Update on my mushrooms- landlord came over, scraped them off, put up some spackle and sort of half assed tried to figure out where the water was coming from (he didn’t). Hour or so after he left, water that smells like eggs started slowly seeping out of the baseboards. Follow up call telling them about the change warranted as “we’ll look into it”

endless dave

Postby The Emperor's Son » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:05 pm

have an extra (maybe 2) Angel Olsen tickets for tomorrow at brooklyn steel, a little less than face value but no other charges.

dm if interested.

The Emperor's Son

Postby churrokbyme » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:16 pm

endless dave wrote:Update on my mushrooms- landlord came over, scraped them off, put up some spackle and sort of half assed tried to figure out where the water was coming from (he didn’t). Hour or so after he left, water that smells like eggs started slowly seeping out of the baseboards. Follow up call telling them about the change warranted as “we’ll look into it”

If your LL unreasonably drags their feet in addressing this you have a pretty solid implied warranty of habitability claim.

churrokbyme

Postby buboclot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:58 am

got a babysitter and goin to cervos tonight. first time. what are the best moves on the menu?

buboclot

Postby gentleman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:35 pm

buboclot wrote:got a babysitter and goin to cervos tonight. first time. what are the best moves on the menu?

if the menu on the website is their accurate current one (50% chance it is), id go for the spicy mussels, the prawns (though if i recall, they are served cold and are messy to eat), the empanada, the anchodinas and the lamb burger.

i usually get a lot of their vegetable small plates and one of the larger plates. not a huge chicken fan so usually avoid that.

they do a good job with dessert but i usually go to ice and vice for ice cream after. and if you're really hungry, get a square at scarr's pizza after dinner around the block.

lastly, opt for bar seats...ideally at the kitchen area near the back. i wouldnt eat at a table in the back room if i were you.

gentleman

Postby buboclot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:53 pm

haha just the guy i hoped would weigh in - thanks gent!

got a 8:45 res so dunno if that means we're destined for a table but gonna go a little early and see what we can do.

late nite scarrs slice very likely.

buboclot

Postby lockheed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 pm

There is a table right near the end of the bar, like the last table in the front room, that is a super nice table for two
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:52 pm

At Cervo's, that is
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby gentleman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 pm

ive bought so many concert tickets for fed/mar/april next year.

steve gunn/william tyler at union pool
murder capital at knitting factory
pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs at st vitus
the necks at lpr
floating point at national sawdust
vanishing twin at berlin

i figured theyd all set out fast but nope.

gentleman

Postby sympathy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:18 pm

endless dave wrote:came back from a week long vacation to find that there was a big leak above me somewhere that pulled the paint down along a wall in my bedroom and now mushrooms took root and burst out of the paint and there are at least 7 caps sprouting out of my wall and god knows how many in the wood. landlord said he'd get someone over here tomorrow morning but who knows

These disasters follow you because of that time you convinced your landlord to let you break your lease because he could jack the rent up

sympathy
ok

Postby Ebbnflo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:53 am

Has anyone gotten tickets to american utopia yet?

Ebbnflo

Postby Mr Spaceship » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:00 pm

every Floating Points show sold out

Mr Spaceship

Postby VHGisdead » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Ebbnflo wrote:Has anyone gotten tickets to american utopia yet?

what are you waiting for
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.

VHGisdead

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm

VHGisdead wrote:

what are you waiting for

What is the Hudson Theater like, would balcony seats on the third floor still be a good experience?

Byrne is my favorite musician ever and I’ve never seen him live, I’ve got two weeks left in the city and I think I’ll spend a little more than I typically would on a ticket, to kinda cap off my five years here. Tickets seem really expensive but oh well

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:35 pm

NYC health dept shut down all the kava bars in the city, what the fuck

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby VHGisdead » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:04 pm

RIXX wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:

what are you waiting for

What is the Hudson Theater like, would balcony seats on the third floor still be a good experience?

Byrne is my favorite musician ever and I’ve never seen him live, I’ve got two weeks left in the city and I think I’ll spend a little more than I typically would on a ticket, to kinda cap off my five years here. Tickets seem really expensive but oh well

Hmm. I would think this would be fine. We were on the first row of the lower balcony which was absolutely perfect but I can't speak to higher seats. This is a show, though, where I think you benefit from being above the action so you can take in everything that's happening. I don't remember the theater being so big that it would suck to be way back

I don't know how expensive tickets are at this point but if Byrne is your favorite musician and you've never seen him and you can swing a ticket you gotta do it
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.

VHGisdead

Postby wmanningiv » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:11 pm

RIXX wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:

what are you waiting for

Saw this a few weeks ago. Got rush tickets on TodayTix ($46.50 all in) and was in the last row of the balcony. View and sound were both fantastic even there and the show was absolutely phenomenal. Went in with low expectations for some reason and left knowing that I’ll see the show again before the run is over.
wmanningiv

Postby landspeedrecord » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:15 pm

the show so good it finally got a lurker of 7 years to post (!!!)
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby landspeedrecord » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:16 pm

feel free to post again in less than 7 years... we don't bite :3
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby endless dave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:22 pm

sympathy wrote:

These disasters follow you because of that time you convinced your landlord to let you break your lease because he could jack the rent up

This happened like 9 years ago and it’s kind of wild that you remember it

He also didn’t raise the rent but because I tried to get out of a shit lease from a slumlord by telling him what he probably already knew, I deserve this... cool!

endless dave

Postby loaf angel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 pm

RIXX wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:

what are you waiting for

yea this happened Wed. if you don't recognize that backdrop it's Jimmy's Corner across the street from Byrnes show. I spend probably 3-4 nites a week in there drinking before catching a port authority bus.

loaf angel

Postby loaf angel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:13 pm

anyway I wasn't there Wed, fuckers

loaf angel

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....