Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby gentleman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Mr Spaceship wrote:decent LES or EV bar/cocktail bar that is Hipinion certified?

I haven't been out in either neighborhood in over a year and am meeting a friend for drinks tomorrow

im not a cocktail guy but this place isnt terrible

https://www.bargoto.com/

my go-to's in the east village are drop off service for beer happy hour, dba on the weekdays (not weekends), black and white, any bar that has basically been open for over 15 years is the general preference.

in LES, ten bells is my go to for wine...good for groups.

gentleman

Postby Franco » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Yeah Bar Goto is a classic. Right nearby there I like Baar Baar too. It’s more of a restaurant but the drinks in the bar area are good and each have something of a savory Indian element to them.

Mother of Pearl is fun. I still like Pouring Ribbons.

Franco

Postby Franco » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Also the recently opened Honeybee’s, which is vegan bbq and Sother Teague’s saloon-like drinks menu

Franco

Postby mancubz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Honeybees is veeeery date-y
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby Viola Swamp » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm

i'm reading this tuesday night at KGB bar 7pm if anyone wants to hear fire from my first book

Viola Swamp

Postby mutism » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:26 pm

mutism wrote:im seeing the crucible on friday, will report back!!

this was amazing! it's running at the connelly theatre in the east village until the end of Dec. it's got Paul Lazar as the evil judge who is incredible. you really feel part of the frenzy of a lot of the scenes since the staging is so small and intimate

note that if you buy one of the seats on the stage, you are seated on wooden high-school style seats, which was a little uncomfortable for my 64 year old mum for three hours

mutism

Postby Celiac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Ah nice glad you liked it mutism! I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ve known a bunch of bedlam people for a long time and always really enjoy their shows. The actor who plays Proctor has always been just the best dude to me
mcwop23 wrote:i love my team (the knicks)

Celiac

Postby gentleman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:13 pm

buboclot wrote:haha just the guy i hoped would weigh in - thanks gent!

got a 8:45 res so dunno if that means we're destined for a table but gonna go a little early and see what we can do.

late nite scarrs slice very likely.

im going this sat...what did you like from the current menu?

gentleman

Postby buboclot » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 pm

damn it looks like the menu already has a bunch of new additions from when we went!

we mostly loved everything but had to call a slight audible when the chicken empanada thing was sold out. we got the piri piri instead which was tasty but definitely least favorite of the things we ate.

otherwise we got the butterhead lettuce salad, louisiana white prawns and manila clams. all were bomb and bread for dipping was a must with latter two. next time would get the anchodinas and the lamb burger, which were both being eaten by bar mates.

drinks wise had a red vermouth + soda with olive, a few glasses of the alvarinho with the food and a braulio + soda with lemon to call it a night.

buboclot

Postby pink snake » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:12 am

woohoo scored a David Byrne rush ticket!

pink snake

Postby SonicBoom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:16 pm

pink snake wrote:woohoo scored a David Byrne rush ticket!

Nice, I struck out, but will be trying anytime I get a chance. Hopefully tomorrow.

SonicBoom

Postby lockheed » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:04 pm

I really wanted to grab some discounted tix to west side story this past weekend before previews open at all and the price explodes, but I don't have the dough. I have a feeling the revival is gonna be real good and it will end up impossible to see, but hey who knows
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby adam sampler » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Getting rid of two tickets for Mount Eerie/Julie Doiron next Saturday, sold out -- shoot me a pm if you're interested

adam sampler

Postby scrambled » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 pm

lockheed wrote:I really wanted to grab some discounted tix to west side story this past weekend before previews open at all and the price explodes, but I don't have the dough. I have a feeling the revival is gonna be real good and it will end up impossible to see, but hey who knows

had the same thought but feel so lazy/cheap about it too

i have the most massive crush on the lead, isaac cole powell

scrambled

Postby SabreFancS » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:30 pm

:awful:

SabreFancS

Postby pink snake » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Had a blast at American Utopia. Saw Wicked with my parents a couple weeks ago. Feel like I've been bitten by the Broadway bug now. Feel like I wanna see everything now. Gonna try to see Fiddler on the Roof this weekend. What else is good out there? Beetlejuice?

pink snake

Postby churrokbyme » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Mr Spaceship wrote:decent LES or EV bar/cocktail bar that is Hipinion certified?

I haven't been out in either neighborhood in over a year and am meeting a friend for drinks tomorrow

whoop passed the deadline for my recc. where’d you end up going?

churrokbyme

Postby churrokbyme » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:36 pm

8th ave Busker’s steel drum cover of careless whisper is fire right now

churrokbyme

Postby gentleman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:00 pm

gitman bros sample sale on grand street fri and sat. nothing more awkward than a bunch of grown men rifling through boxes of shirts.

gentleman

Postby shrinemaidens » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:32 pm

just got tickets to see both american utopia and slave play in january

super excited!!

shrinemaidens

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 am

lockheed wrote:Poke how do you feel about james Murphy getting a Michelin star??

I've been saying it for 3 years now that four horsemen is the best place in williamsburg.
okelaadoke

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 am

Partner Coffee is so good since it rebranded. addicted to it.
okelaadoke

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:21 am

arp next weekend is gonna be sick.
okelaadoke

Postby Ebbnflo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:22 am

pink snake wrote:Had a blast at American Utopia. Saw Wicked with my parents a couple weeks ago. Feel like I've been bitten by the Broadway bug now. Feel like I wanna see everything now. Gonna try to see Fiddler on the Roof this weekend. What else is good out there? Beetlejuice?

I saw jagged little pill last night and I mostly enjoyed it! I'm a sucker for the well staged, and the technical aspects of the show I found super rad. acting was fine, writing was fine, the book is amazing of course. Watching alanis songs in a Broadway capacity is officially something I have done and it's def weird. Some absolutely brilliant choreography going down here.

Ebbnflo

Postby gentleman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:42 am

okelaadoke wrote:
lockheed wrote:Poke how do you feel about james Murphy getting a Michelin star??

I've been saying it for 3 years now that four horsemen is the best place in williamsburg.

havent been in 2ish years but i have to agree.

gentleman

Postby gentleman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

tried to get rush tickets from that todaytix app this morning. wow...not easy.

ended up getting tix to see magnetic fields at symphony space.

gentleman

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Is that Lopez de heredia supposed to taste like almonds? Wasn’t for me reminded me of a Jura wine
okelaadoke

Postby pink snake » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Saw fiddler on the roof last night. Really fun, good show.

pink snake

Postby Slaps » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Doing a last minute NYC trip on christmas eve/day solo because flights were real cheap to bucket list a couple YLT shows and than realized after some googling theres absolutely nothing to do on christmas day other than eat/drink which seems wild cuz ny is a big place. Is there anything i am missing other than getting drunk and seeing jumanji 3?
Slaps

Postby pink snake » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:37 pm

That's probably the case. Most stuff will be closed and there won't be any comedy or music events or anything. You're stuck with Chinese food and movie theaters.

pink snake

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....