Postby odilon redon » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:18 pm

traffic is the innermost circle of hell today/tn

odilon redon

Postby odilon redon » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:18 pm

lol i’m driving in nyc

odilon redon

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:31 pm

don't be doin that
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby came to wreck » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:23 pm

just went into an internet hole learning about the whole prince street pizza drama from earlier in the year. didnt know about any of this til today but apparently frank baladi who made all the pizza left in like january to work at "made in new york pizza" in UWS. prince street's owner frank morano then said they were gonna pursue legal action for non-compete and stealing their recipe or something. then in march frank badali's son mario opened his own place called "village square pizza" on ave a and frank now works there. i ran into village square truck today and frank was manning it and kinda filled me in on all this and then made me research more. village square's slice tastes just like the prince street slice, idk about made in ny's slice though. i used to go a lot to prince street when it first opened and badali was always the guy in there making the pizza and he's always been super nice and its good to know that if i want that prince street square i can just go someplace else with no big ass line and without a bunch of tourists and pizza tours mucking it up. prince street's owner and his son always came across as dicks anyways and baladi always seemed like the talent behind the pizza's recipe.

came to wreck

Postby hoopdog » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Prince Street still my favorite slice in NYC, thanks for the heads up I gotta try Village Square out now

hoopdog
ride.

Postby churrokbyme » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:58 pm

nice out today

churrokbyme

Postby gentleman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:17 pm

came to wreck wrote:just went into an internet hole learning about the whole prince street pizza drama from earlier in the year. didnt know about any of this til today but apparently frank baladi who made all the pizza left in like january to work at "made in new york pizza" in UWS. prince street's owner frank morano then said they were gonna pursue legal action for non-compete and stealing their recipe or something. then in march frank badali's son mario opened his own place called "village square pizza" on ave a and frank now works there. i ran into village square truck today and frank was manning it and kinda filled me in on all this and then made me research more. village square's slice tastes just like the prince street slice, idk about made in ny's slice though. i used to go a lot to prince street when it first opened and badali was always the guy in there making the pizza and he's always been super nice and its good to know that if i want that prince street square i can just go someplace else with no big ass line and without a bunch of tourists and pizza tours mucking it up. prince street's owner and his son always came across as dicks anyways and baladi always seemed like the talent behind the pizza's recipe.

i dont think ive had prince street pizza in 20 years. every time i find myself near there, the line is ridiculous. i also stopped going to joe's for similar reasons.

mama's too in the UWS has a similar square no? i thought that was good but not great when i tried it. line was only 3-4 deep at that point.

am i the only person who still reps for artichoke's square? they keep raising the price but for convenience and taste, its hard to beat.

gentleman

Postby gentleman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:04 pm

whats the hipinion on the best bars in the LES lately? more towards division street and orchard rather than houston.

boys dont cry is always ok right?

gentleman

Postby came to wreck » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Kind Regards on Ludlow

came to wreck

Postby okelaadoke » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:52 pm

artichoke pizza just gives you diahrea. can't imagine eating that and not shitting yourself
okelaadoke

Postby pink snake » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:10 am

I think you have a food allergy dude.

pink snake

Postby hector doepos » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:22 am

Going to flushing today for the first time to check out New World Mall. Anything else worth specifically checking out in the area?

hector doepos

Postby lockheed » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:38 am

i wanna open up the pizza talk a bit

this is totally biased because it is my local joint, but while i can get the initial criticism over paulie gee's slice shop when it opened, I think it has turned in to straight up the best neighborhood slice joint in the city and one of the best in general by the slice. the freddie prinze plain, however, is hands down the best slice they have though.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:38 am

everyone needs to come around, try it a few more times, and admit that paulie pulled it off

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am

re: artichoke's

i had never had artichoke's pizza ever before a month ago when i blindly ordered their namesake pie for delivery, which was one of the fucking grossest pizzas i've ever ordered in my life. i ordered a whole pie of that shit, there is no universe where it is ok to put that much cream on a pizza.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:49 am

lockheed wrote:i wanna open up the pizza talk a bit

what do hip onions like in park slope
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby The Emperor's Son » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:04 am

love Paulie gees slice (although they can be a little sloppy sometimes)

Artichokes is total trash but it’s a good sponge for people I don’t want to be around me

Haven’t been to prince but I’m interested in village square now

Pretty much my favorite slices (square) are all in the city: corner slice at Gotham west, the bianca pomodoro at Sullivan street bakery, superiority burgers “focaccia” on Fridays at 5pm or anything at bread and salt in fucking jersey city

The Emperor's Son

Postby The Emperor's Son » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:07 am

Anybody else been to bread and salt? It was my favorite restaurant this year. Everything was exactly what I wanted to eat. It’s in a genre I call grad student luxury. Cheap well-sourced ingredients perfectly executed with enough pretension or fealty to their premise to make it fairly principled and meaningful to the people who make it.

good Instagram too: https://instagram.com/breadandsaltbakery

The Emperor's Son

Postby VHGisdead » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:14 am

I've probably been twenty times. If any of you go and want company hit me up and I'll join you
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:24 am

hector doepos wrote:Going to flushing today for the first time to check out New World Mall. Anything else worth specifically checking out in the area?

I went a few months ago and found these posts itt v helpful:
landspeedrecord wrote:
delgriffith wrote:Short notice but it's been a while since I went to Flushing for a Chinese extravaganza, if anyone has specific recs (restaurants/specific dishes) then post 'em. Going later today with a friend from out of town who isn't fussy/no dietary restrictions. Thanks in advance.

these are my fave super casual joints

wontons at white bear
cheung fun at joe's steam rice roll

new world mall
cold skin noodles at lao luyang
fish dumplings at fish dumpling

tianjin dumpling house now operates out of... hong kong food court

dosas at the ganesh temple canteen

famnexdo wrote:
delgriffith wrote:Short notice but it's been a while since I went to Flushing for a Chinese extravaganza, if anyone has specific recs (restaurants/specific dishes) then post 'em. Going later today with a friend from out of town who isn't fussy/no dietary restrictions. Thanks in advance.

Cant go wrong with either New world shopping mall, Corner 28, or Golden Shopping Mall — i have specific recs for each but if you’re more interested in sitting down and getting table service try out any of these:

- Henan Feng Wei
- Hot space (great whole fish sizzling chili oil trays, good for sharing)
- Shanghai You garden
- Dunhuang Lanzhou Beef Noodle
- Dumpling galaxy (there are 2 locations, one smaller one in Golden mall, another more expensive but comfier and more sit down-ey down the street at Main and Franklin)
- Kabul kabob house (not chinese but some of the best afghani skewers ive found outside of deeper flushing/closest to 7 train)

If you want to get weird but stay in the area i suggest fucking with the milk tea/cheese foam hot pot at Xiang hot pot (top floor of new world shopping mall) or do a bang bang with any of the above and get a dessert tea/Juice at C Fruit Life and supplementing with the Durian pizza :P

If you are looking for slightly more upscale you could always try getting served chongqing chicken off a shovel at szechuan mountain house (do know there is a location on st marks in manhattan though!)

shizaam wrote:
landspeedrecord wrote:

these are my fave super casual joints

wontons at white bear
cheung fun at joe's steam rice roll

new world mall
cold skin noodles at lao luyang
fish dumplings at fish dumpling

tianjin dumpling house now operates out of... hong kong food court

dosas at the ganesh temple canteen

white bear rules
asian jewels dimsum is fantastic
i really want to go to dumpling galaxy but always eat too much dimsum and bail

delgriffith wrote:By the way thanks for the Flushing recs everybody, we ended up getting duck bao at Corner 28, soup dumplings & eel at Shanghai You, some more dumplings at the newer sit down Dumpling Galaxy, wontons at White Bear, Cheung fun at Joe's. Extremely good day of eating.

Boarding on my phone so apologies for any formatting madness

rich uncle skeleton

Postby shizaam » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:30 pm

my new city-wide fav for soup dumplings is memories of shanghai. it's in a mostly residential area, and a bit out of the way in forest hills but it's truly special. did a soup dumpling bike tour with some friends this summer, and nothing else was close:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Memor ... 73.8508822

shizaam

Postby shizaam » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:32 pm

also finally went to dumpling galaxy and was really underwhelmed, and i'd been looking forward to it for ages. maybe a bad day?

shizaam

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm not sold on Paulie Gee's slice shop. I've been 3 times and haven't been impressed. Best pizza has lost its luster. I think they cheapend the ingredients or something.
okelaadoke

Postby okelaadoke » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:11 pm

The tarte flambe at the alace market is great

I'm excited to try the new ops spot in williamsburg. I prefer ops or robertas to paulie gee style pizza
okelaadoke

Postby mancubz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:18 pm

paulie gee's slice shop is fuckin great you psycho
also i live like a couple of blocks from village square and now i'm super excited to try it
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby came to wreck » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:23 pm

lately ive been ordering whole pie's from paulie gee's slice shop cause they got vegan cheese (im allergic to dairy now) and then i tell them to add real pepperonis and hot honey to it and it lasts me like 3 meals. thinking about doing it right now actually.

came to wreck

Postby Organic Croutons » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Paulie gees slice shop has the dumbest operational efficiency/setup ever. Like you can be the 4th person in line and it still takes almost 20 mins. It really pisses me off dunno why :twisted:

Organic Croutons

Postby hoopdog » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm an unabashed slice shop supporter, it was my go to late night snack when I lived over there and was getting back from work

I know it's meant to be nostalgic as all hell too but I really like the vibe in the back/bar area too when it's not too busy

hoopdog
ride.

Postby Organic Croutons » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:25 pm

I don't like their mic intercom system thing either. fuck that place!

Organic Croutons

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....