Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby gutenmorgan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Wait the incumbent dem congressional rep for the east village is an anti-vaxxer and the other progressive candidates are still both in the running and trading barbs rather than consolidating against her? Cool that we've replicated Bernie and Warren vs Biden locally.

gutenmorgan

Postby lockheed » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:15 pm

someone paid someone to drive my pack of cigarettes from georgia to nyc because there is profit margin and low risk, if there's demand for fireworks i don't think nyc needs the cops to supply them
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:25 pm

i feel bad for people bc obviously a lot of them are losing sleep, my friend's neighbor looks fuckin dead, so i dont mean to downplay the nuisance-like character of this phenomenon

with that said, yeah the absence of policing in this case is obvious and deliberate but that's what happens i guess when every single time they do intervene in a matter of mass concern, they do it very racistly

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:28 pm

and beyond that, it demonstrates the callousness of a police force who doesn't have any real bonds with its community because they all live in segregated cop neigbhorhoods/wherever cops live

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby Franco » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:11 pm

So uh, what am I supposed to do with these delegates to judicial convention on my ballot?

Franco

Postby endless dave » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm

I can't find the answer to this on the BOE website, so a question:

My GF and I both requested absentee ballots. She got hers today and it's now after the last mail pick and post offices are closed. I didn't get one so I have to go in person. The ballots say you have to either postmark the day before the election (so no go) or deliver to the BOE by 9pm the day of. Since I have to go in person tomorrow, can I deliver my GF's to the polling site and have it counted? She really doesn't want to go in person

endless dave

Postby endless dave » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm

(edit) double
Last edited by endless dave on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

endless dave

Postby came to wreck » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:42 pm

on this site https://vote.nyc/ it says on the side june 23rd is the last day to postmark absentee ballots? i just got mine late today and was gonna mail it in tomorrow. but you're saying tomorrow is too late to mail it in?

came to wreck

Postby Franco » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

It depends on your usual pick up time I think, there’s gonna be a time cut off. They totally fucked me with an absentee so now I have to go to my location. Thinking 6:30 masked up will be relatively stressless

Franco

Postby came to wreck » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 pm

yeah i looked into it more after i posted and i guess a lot of the "mail on the 22nd talk" is because on the 23rd they might not pick it up early enough and it then wont get postmarked that day and won't count. imma try to go at 6am to make sure my vote gets counted i guess. they fucked this up royally, has me real worried about november. i guess by filling out my absentee already i got the trial run outta the way lol

came to wreck

Postby Franco » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:34 pm

ime give them til 6:30 at earliest to get their shit together, I’ve showed up at open and you’ve never seen such confusion before.

Probably just anecdotal experience though

Franco

Postby came to wreck » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:14 pm

ah word, thanks for the heads up!

came to wreck

Postby delgriffith » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Just spent most of the day out doing GOTV for Jabari Brisport in Bed-Stuy. Very positive overall, there were issues at a bunch of polling sites with people getting incomplete ballots so if you're going in person make sure you get the full thing - two pages! Poll workers should know by now.

Most of the people who came up to me were supportive, had either already voted for Jabari or were on their way to. Polling location I was nearest never had a line outside, the flow of people heading in was a pretty steady trickle for most of the time I was there (8am-3pm). Only bad interactions I had were one guy who rolled up in his SUV to ask if Jabari was with Black Lives Matter and then said if the NYPD budget got cut this city would go back to the carnage of the 80s. Then on my way home (I still had my Jabari sign) someone yelled "JABARI SUCKS!" from their car. Otherwise, it was all positive! Really hope he can pull it off. I'm exhausted
delgriffith

Postby shizaam » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 pm

shizaam

Postby landspeedrecord » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pm

The fireworks will be set off at a “high elevation, unannounced” to prevent people from gathering to watch them. (Everyone will be over at a packed outdoor restaurant anyway.) There will be five minutes of explosions, with no warning

lol
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby landspeedrecord » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm

oh, and thank u for volunteering, del <3

landspeedrecord

Postby hoopdog » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:38 pm

there was a woman kind of passive aggressively arguing with one of the volunteers at my polling location about the placement of the "please vote on both sides of the ballot" disclaimer at the bottom of the ballot (she didn't notice it at first apparently and kept stating over and over again to the person "i know they're doing this on purpose")

otherwise it was business as usual out there, pretty steady

hoopdog
ride.

Postby hoopdog » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:42 pm

oh something weird tho is that the polling location is in the same school cafeteria it was in last year but they've also set up one of the city's free covid testing sites in the gymnasium that's attached to the school, so at first it appeared the voting location and the covid testing location had the same entrance (instead of right next to each other)

surely hope no one walked in the wrong door there, seemed like a pretty big misfire

hoopdog
ride.

Postby lightfoot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:45 pm

paperboy prince saying he received a ballot that didn't even have any of the local races on it, had to make a scene to get the second page

lightfoot

Postby came to wreck » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 pm

my place was kind of a mess at 6:30am, was 2nd in line and still took me 30 minutes to vote. i got 2 pages tho. hopefully they figured it out better after i left.

came to wreck

Postby cool party » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:14 pm

came to wreck wrote:yeah i looked into it more after i posted and i guess a lot of the "mail on the 22nd talk" is because on the 23rd they might not pick it up early enough and it then wont get postmarked that day and won't count. imma try to go at 6am to make sure my vote gets counted i guess. they fucked this up royally, has me real worried about november. i guess by filling out my absentee already i got the trial run outta the way lol

at least from the perspective of any individual ny voter, these elections are far more important
cool party

Postby Viola Swamp » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Friend who didn’t receive her absentee ballot and is quarantined six states away drove up just to vote in person

Viola Swamp

Postby delgriffith » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:01 pm

I'm sure the inquiry into exactly how the fuck they botched mailing the absentee ballots will be thorough and illuminating!

(Some wise ass from the back of the room: "What inquiry?!")
delgriffith

Postby lightfoot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:38 pm

seems like bowman has it

lightfoot

Postby rex » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Go Ritchie Torres go

rex

Postby neely o'hara » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 pm

hi nyc thread how you guys doing. i'm listening to this podcast about Bowman campaign and the 2021 mayoral race. trying to tamp down my pessimism about FY 2021/defunding - but occupy city hall is rocking it.

neely o'hara

Postby landspeedrecord » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 pm

it’s really raining

landspeedrecord

Postby Franco » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:25 pm

landspeedrecord wrote:it’s really raining

Franco

Postby landspeedrecord » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

gorg

landspeedrecord

Postby delgriffith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am

Popping in from my attempted board hiatus to say that we've got less than 24 hours until they finalize the FY2021 budget and de Blasio/Corey Johnson are trying to push through a "deal" that will look like $1 billion in cuts but is anything but that - just bullshit shell game shenanigans so they can claim a big PR win

The updated script at http://defund-nypd.glitch.me/ specifically addresses these latest developments, please please please take time today to email (at the very least) your council member and make sure they vote NO on any budget deal that doesn't ensure AT LEAST $1 billion in meaningful cuts from the NYPD. That means actual line item cuts, reductions in headcount - real divestment, so that the money that can then be invested in youth programs, health, education, homeless services, housing etc.

If you use the above script, please do make your own adjustments so that it's not just filtered through as another template email! But also... get on the phones and try to get through, leave a message if you need to, then try again - call your own council member first before you call anyone else, and try to ask their staff to commit to a NO vote on the record because a lot of them are ducking on the specifics or trying to muddy the water right now.

Personally, I am calling for what NYC DSA is demanding ($3 billion in cuts to be reinvested in the above areas) - their call and email script is available here - but whatever you do, please just put the pressure on your elected officials to say NO to the bullshit deal that's on the table.

https://defund-nypd-reps.glitch.me/ will tell you where your council member is currently at + relevant contact info, and that DSA doc also includes some specific notes for members who sit on the budget negotiation committee - especially relevant for those (like my representative, Robert Cornegy Jr.) who are running for a higher office in 2021 and beyond.

Thank you and solidarity!!! <3

Edit: Also I abused my mod powers to change the thread title temporarily :twisted:
delgriffith

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....