Official Nintendo Thread - Rise, Monster Hunters

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby tgk » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:10 pm

yeah a big reason i loved the game was because it was released during a really dreary time for mario games, years and a system away from galaxy 2, coming on the heels of nsmbu (the only 2d mario platformer i've given up on before beating), it was a damn breathe of fresh air

tgk

Postby No Good Advice » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 pm

I think 3D World and Land explore a really interesting blend of the 2d games' focus (contained levels, fun to get through as quickly as possible, 'always run') and the possibilities of interesting obstacle architecture three dimensions give you. The contained levels also enable dense creativity in level design - new ideas all the time. The result is games with sharp playability, replayability, and a focus on running and jumping over more esoteric puzzle solving or exploration

No Good Advice

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm

No Good Advice wrote:running and jumping over more esoteric puzzle solving or exploration

yeah this is what i'm all about wrt mario games. gimme zelda for that other stuff, imo

i was watching a bit of Tim Rogers's stream of Bower's A Furry the other day and at one point he said "hm i'm not sure where i'm supposed to go" and it's so wild to have that thought in a Mario game imo
Last edited by Rainbow Battle Kid on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby tgk » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:18 pm

everyone at least needs to play 3d world to the point where they get to the double cherry/boomerang level that plays like a top down shooter

tgk

Postby That Demon Life » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:22 pm

This looks cool.

That Demon Life

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:56 pm

playing Secret of Mana with My Wife and man there's a HUGE difficulty jump in the forest.those robin hood chipmunks totally stunlock you with their arrows and then some thing turns you into a moogle?

guess we probabl need to level up hmm
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby acapelli » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:05 am

Am I the only one excited for crash bandicoot 4 coming to the switch? 2 & 3 were a couple of my favorites growing up, and the new one seems to have decent reviews on the other platforms. Hope it plays well in handheld

acapelli

Postby scrumptown » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:13 am

yeah I'm stoked for crash too hell yeah

scrumptown

Postby pzadvance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:07 am

Pre ordered it then realized i hadn’t beaten crashes 2 and 3 on the rerelease collection yet so have been getting my whole ass handed to me trying to finish them this past week. Crazy hard games, but love em

pzadvance

Postby tgk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Lol apex legends is 25gb and would almost take up your entire switchs storage

tgk

Postby a new dad for all » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:38 pm

Apex is hard af on switch lol

a new dad for all

Postby tolka » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:30 am

bluemovers wrote:
tolka wrote:bluemovers what are your favourite switch games?

it's tough to nail them down, but i'd say:

Zelda BotW
Mario Odyssey
Hollow Knight
Celeste
Mario + Rabbids
Xenoblade Chronicles DE
DKC Tropical Freeze
Ori 1 & 2
FE: 3 Houses
Golf Story

chose golf story! looks good
Night porter wrote:Ftr I disagree with myself

tolka
ok

Postby kirito » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:19 am

a new dad for all wrote:Apex is hard af on switch lol

gamer pro tip: turn crossplay off

kirito

Postby tgk » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 am

Assuming this'll get released on switch? looks great

tgk

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:10 am

Dotemu did streets of rage 4, so this one is definitely on my radar
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Althea » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:14 am

Oh FUCK that is giving me some serious childhood beat-em-up nostalgia
The cosmos, sorry (she/her)

Althea

Postby yungboi » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:24 pm

kirito wrote:

yeah when PC gamers are getting 144fps you're kinda toast playing on switch docked at 30fps

yungboi

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 pm

That Demon Life wrote:This looks cool.

I’m friends from art school with the creators of this. They’re exceptionally talented and delightful people, and the game is like nothing else out there. Highly recommended if you love cheesy jokes, Grim Fandango vibes, Triplets of Belleville vibes, and/or games that throw a ton of random mini-games at you

Bad Craziness

Postby Viz » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:playing Secret of Mana with My Wife and man there's a HUGE difficulty jump in the forest.those robin hood chipmunks totally stunlock you with their arrows and then some thing turns you into a moogle?

guess we probabl need to level up hmm

Yeah, this is the exact moment I decided that Secret of Mana wasn’t for me. Just trying to run through this stage without even exploring was so frustrating.
Viz

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am

yeah kinda bums me out cause i love a lot fo the VIBES but yeesh

hopefully we can get over the hump and it actually becomes a bit more fun?

square sale in the eshop atm. feel like i wanna snag ff x or xii (have played neither)

though, i also like, i feel like i love so much about the WORLDS of RPGs but then I'm still an Action Game person at heart? Like my fave stuff is MGS/FromSoft/Zelda stuff, but i like so much about Final Fantasy like the worlds/characters/music/etc, but there's still just some kinda disconnect when it comes to the actual combat, like there's an extra layer of abstraction that makes it harder for me to really feel able to sink into. i think random encounters also add to this feeling maybe.

i dunno, i've still beaten 3 of these (almost 4 now) so it's not like i hate them, i just wish you could play those same games but they felt more like Sekiro or something lol

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am

The only problem with Secret of Mana is that it's an action RPG but I think the RPG part is hidden from people. You really do need to grind levels still and that forest is (for better or worse) a level check... just grind out a few more levels and you should be fine
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

My videogame collection on Backloggery

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby That Demon Life » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:53 am

Bad Craziness wrote:
That Demon Life wrote:This looks cool.

I’m friends from art school with the creators of this. They’re exceptionally talented and delightful people, and the game is like nothing else out there. Highly recommended if you love cheesy jokes, Grim Fandango vibes, Triplets of Belleville vibes, and/or games that throw a ton of random mini-games at you

Yeah that sounds great to me.

That Demon Life

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Althea wrote:Oh FUCK that is giving me some serious childhood beat-em-up nostalgia

iirc the first 10 seconds of that trailer are a direct lift from the original arcade game intro

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby quinine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm

kirito wrote:

we did and still gettin smoked every time :(

quinine
ok

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:
Althea wrote:Oh FUCK that is giving me some serious childhood beat-em-up nostalgia

iirc the first 10 seconds of that trailer are a direct lift from the original arcade game intro

pitchfork don don'd it to me that Mike Patton is singing the vocals in that trailer
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby loaf angel » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:03 pm

goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm

loaf angel wrote:mario vs rabbids is like 18 bucks until tomorrow at gamestop

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/games/products/mario-plus-rabbids-kingdom-battle/10149556.html

man gamestop has been having some decent physical sales lately, but i've been getting burned by absolute garbage shipping from them. It took almost a month for my copy of wonderful 101 to arrive
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby yungboi » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:yeah kinda bums me out cause i love a lot fo the VIBES but yeesh

hopefully we can get over the hump and it actually becomes a bit more fun?

square sale in the eshop atm. feel like i wanna snag ff x or xii (have played neither)

though, i also like, i feel like i love so much about the WORLDS of RPGs but then I'm still an Action Game person at heart? Like my fave stuff is MGS/FromSoft/Zelda stuff, but i like so much about Final Fantasy like the worlds/characters/music/etc, but there's still just some kinda disconnect when it comes to the actual combat, like there's an extra layer of abstraction that makes it harder for me to really feel able to sink into. i think random encounters also add to this feeling maybe.

i dunno, i've still beaten 3 of these (almost 4 now) so it's not like i hate them, i just wish you could play those same games but they felt more like Sekiro or something lol

i think you might like Xenoblade Chronicles 1, the open world is beautiful and i actually like the Action-RPG combat, you might as well

you also might like FFXII as well

yungboi

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm

I just beat Rune Factory 4 (No waifu's but 3 girlfriendos) so now I can dive in fully to Bravely Default II
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

My videogame collection on Backloggery

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby winjer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:24 pm

i’ll probably make a thread tmrw but would any of you be down for some board worms: wmd?

winjer

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise