Official Nintendo Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby MikeS » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:43 pm

are the Tickington Side Quests in Dragon Quest call back quests to older games or just 2d side quests?
MikeS

Postby gordie blue eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:22 pm

pootis please say more stuff about tms

gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm

i am getting my ass kicked in the fire emblem dlc
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Esteban » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:22 pm

I think I'll just get ac digital since it's a daily game, none of the pre-order stuff seemed must have either

Esteban

Postby Ersaph » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 pm

I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions but haven't played it yet 'cause got sidetracked w/ Pokemon. But it looks marvelous!
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.

Ersaph

Postby gordie blue eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 pm

It looks so good yeah

gordie blue eyes

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm

unfortunately as a persona fan the story and characters are bad compared to any persona game and the fire emblem crossover is really disappointing. still a good game though and i'm glad i played it once (on the wii u)
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:54 pm

that fucking song gets in my head all the time and i played the game 4 years ago
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby gordie blue eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Pootis thank you for the great posts. I’m gonna get this tonight

gordie blue eyes

Postby gordie blue eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 pm

:P

gordie blue eyes

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:42 pm

yeah i'm a huge shin megami tensei fan and i like fire emblem a lot even though i've only played path of radiance, awakening, revelation and three houses so i expected something very different from the SMT x FE announcement. like a tactical RPG with a medieval setting where you also manage JRPG battles with SMT demons or something. so the idol theme was a bit of a letdown but it seemed charming enough so i gave it a shot. i enjoyed the game but it does not explore japanese idol culture in any meaningful way whatsoever beyond its use as a fun setting, especially not compared to persona 4 dancing all night which begins with an idol's suicide in the story mode and is actually a very good deconstruction and critique of the idol industry. every character in TMS wants nothing more than to fulfill their idol dreams and are often little more than anime archetypes (i like tsubasa but it's true.)

anyway, i still think it's a really good game and it would be a good primer to the series for if/when SMT V comes out.

kirito

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:02 pm

i think i'm gonna get TMS the first time it has a good discount
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Double McDouble » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Esteban wrote:I think I'll just get ac digital since it's a daily game, none of the pre-order stuff seemed must have either

I pretty much always go physical because Nintendo stuff holds its resale value so well but yeah, this seems like a must have on digital.
Double McDouble

Postby brent » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:36 pm

it is crazy how much you can get for used nintendo games

i traded in octopath towards fire emblem when it came out and paid only like $12...then did the same thing with mariokart towards dq 11 later on

brent

Postby quinine » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:03 pm

will donkey kong ever go on sale

quinine
ok

Postby kirito » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:05 pm

quinine wrote:will donkey kong ever go on sale

i got it on the eshop for $35 like a year ago
Last edited by kirito on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirito

Postby dreamshake » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:05 pm

i need a nintendo direct so bad
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby kirito » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:17 pm

yeah i need to check out the p3/p5 dancing games too. no idea if they're good. it sucks that there's about to be four persona 5 games and persona 5 arena is not one of them.

kirito

Postby kirito » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 pm

definitely, they're 2 of the best fighting games ever made. get ultimax if you only care about gameplay, get both if you want to go through the story since ultimax is the sequel to arena and they continue the story from persona 4.

kirito

Postby Kevin McCallister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:52 am

Sorry to bring it back to Hollow Knight but has anybody here managed to beat the third Coliseum of Fools fight? I've been stuck on it for over a week, holy hell is it hard.

Kevin McCallister

Postby wakeman » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:Sorry to bring it back to Hollow Knight but has anybody here managed to beat the third Coliseum of Fools fight? I've been stuck on it for over a week, holy hell is it hard.

What charms are you using m? Quick heal and steady body are real helpful

wakeman

Postby coma kid » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:34 pm

it took forever but i did eventually beat the 3rd coliseum fight after watching a bunch of youtubes and getting a few charms i was missing.

coma kid

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm

I quit the Coliseum at #3 after a week or two. Feel like I came close a few times but ultimately didn't need to 100% it that bad
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:07 pm

quinine wrote:will donkey kong ever go on sale

I love the resale value but jfc, I wish Nintendo games went down to $20 like PS4 AAA titles eventually do
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Chyet » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:14 pm

yeah i'd play mario if it wasn't still 60 dollars

for 60 dollars you can buy kentucky route zero, weed, and order a pizza
scrambled my password
Chyet

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 pm

owning a switch and not getting mario is breaking my brain right now

kirito

Postby boddy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:dq11 is an enormous time investment but it's also like, the perfect thing to play for 30 minutes before you go to bed (and if you put it down for 2 weeks it has a pretty nifty 'catch you up on the plot' feature that every rpg should have)

barring that yeah just play KRZ

yeah i'm going to go with KRZ

i have chrono trigger on my phone and play it exclusively on flights/layovers. though i've sank over 30 hours into it i have no idea what i've done or what to do next. just aimlessly grinding, lost in time

boddy

Postby Kevin McCallister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm

boddy wrote:
struttin' evil mushroom wrote:dq11 is an enormous time investment but it's also like, the perfect thing to play for 30 minutes before you go to bed (and if you put it down for 2 weeks it has a pretty nifty 'catch you up on the plot' feature that every rpg should have)

barring that yeah just play KRZ

yeah i'm going to go with KRZ

i have chrono trigger on my phone and play it exclusively on flights/layovers. though i've sank over 30 hours into it i have no idea what i've done or what to do next. just aimlessly grinding, lost in time

That grinding will probably pay off when you figure out what to do next, because fuck do those last battles get hard.

If I had that game as a kid without some GameFAQ text file to refer to or a Player's Guide it would've taken me four years to beat. Even a game like Super Mario RPG would take me close to six months.

Kevin McCallister

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:24 pm

I keep all my cartridges in my switch carrying case and I just looked and im missing two games: splatoon 2 and mario maker 2. This feels awful those things are so tiny I might never see them again. It's especially painful for splatoon 2 because i bought my switch used off Amazon and that damn cartridge was mistakenly left in there.

tgk

Postby Alice » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm

Damn losing those two games in particular is a huge blow. That’s awful and the main reason I have gone (mostly) digital.

Alice

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley