Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Esteban » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 am

#gamefreaklied trending lol obvs has a lot of spoilers so beware when reading but uh I think I'm officially gonna pass now

Esteban

Postby john plainman 2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:40 am

luigis mansion redeemed when I play it with my 3 year old. the 7tter lack of difficulty means he never gets bored by me struggling to figure out how to get past any one section.

john plainman 2

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

Esteban wrote:#gamefreaklied trending lol obvs has a lot of spoilers so beware when reading but uh I think I'm officially gonna pass now

i'm not a pokemon guy at all, so this is just kinda amusing, but holy shit this looks like it might be the NBA Elite 11 of the series
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 am

I usually buy pokemon to play through the story, don't really care about the post game/battling. I think it's sort of dumb that you can't collect em all in a series about collecting em al, tho. The game also looks really really bland and empty too.

Still it's embarrassing to have my opinions align with mouth breather GAMERS even if it's just coincidentally. I'm just not gonna buy the game.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Double McDouble » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 am

Probably still going to buy and enjoy Pokémon on Friday. Don’t care about the national dex. I already spent like 250 hours of my life completing it on Pokémon X and have no desire to do so again
Double McDouble

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am

I guess it sort of does annoy me that the way the games press is framing it is that you either have to be like "It's not that bad, I don't see any problems" or a mouth breather who is just hating because of the internet. Or I guess that I wish gamers didn't have to be so extreme about every stupid thing

Like, the game looks poor, it's not on me for noticing.
Last edited by Kenny on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 am

pokemon games have been poor since Sapphire

john plainman 2

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:40 am

yeah i'm watching the Resetera metacritic thread right now and seems like 8's are coming in left and right, which is interesting
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:41 am

8 is pretty low on the 7-10 scale, I guess

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am

Can someone explain to me, an “adult” whose only Pokémon experience was blue/red days, what is going on with the new game?
tim

whatabout tim

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 am

The adult summary is: It's the new Pokemon game on the Switch, if you want to play a pokemon game it's gonna be fine.

Not important stuff: It also looks kinda rushed and Gamefreak probably aren't really set up to be Switch developers yet. Some people are mad because it doesn't have all Pokemon and Gamefreak have done a really bad job explaining why they aren't all in, and somebody just found out that the pokemon models are just the 3DS models after gamefreak said they didn't have all the pokemon in because they had to make all new models.

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:00 am

Is the battle system going to be the usual rpg battle or are they sticking with the pokemongo/letsgo stuff? That is honestly the only thing that turned me away from those newer iterations.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby Esteban » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am

The current allegation is that the importer program was fucked & they didn't realize until it was too late to fix or make a new one. Gamefreak are infamously bad programmers I wouldn't be surprised at this point

Esteban

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:06 am

My adult comment was me signaling being out of touch, not more mature obv
tim

whatabout tim

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 am

I never got into pokemon but this stuff is kinda nuts considering this is the game that nintendo will be pushing hard and banking on for the holiday season

tgk

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

There's no way it doesn't sell crazy well

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby traced out » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

Esteban wrote:The current allegation is that the importer program was fucked & they didn't realize until it was too late to fix or make a new one. Gamefreak are infamously bad programmers I wouldn't be surprised at this point

The president of Nintendo cant reprogram their game to bail them out anymore

traced out

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 am

this is funny

tgk

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Supposedly, a lot of these glitches are being caused by the streamer using a hacked version if the game (as evidenced by having hundreds of master balls). I haven't seen mention of it in any of the reviews I've read.

The Unblinking Eye

Postby gordie blue eyes » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:11 pm

so is luigis mansion 3 a waste of money if i don't have a kid
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby gordie blue eyes » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm

everybody on resetera seems to love it but...yknow
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby Double McDouble » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 pm

It’s really fun but the physics become a bit repetitive and you’ll probably get 15 hours or so at most out of the main story so it’s up to you to decide if that’s worth $60 for you. I personally don’t regret buying it but it seems others don’t feel the same way.
Double McDouble

Postby fester » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 pm

I really don't give a shit if the national dex never comes back.

I'll be buying it day 1 and I'm pretty sure I'll like it.
------------

fester

Postby broodstar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:28 pm

pokemon sun/moon was one of the best entries in the series and a lotta 'but gen 1+2 are the good ones' stuff is overblown imo

broodstar

Postby dreamshake » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm

people are also mad that the sword & shield graphics don't look great and there's lots of memes comparing it unfavorably to dq 11 or botw.

speaking of dq11. would love a dragon quest monsters on switch.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby meeshpotato » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:38 pm

i will love pokemon
sorry gamers

meeshpotato

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:59 pm

the best pokemon, in my humble opinion is HeartGold/SoulSilver and Red/Blue :ugeek:Toggle Spoiler

dreamshake wrote:speaking of dq11. would love a dragon quest monsters on switch.

This has happened in Japan:
https://gematsu.com/2019/09/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-retro-announced-for-switch

HIPINION DISCORD

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:so is luigis mansion 3 a waste of money if i don't have a kid

what do you want out of it?

john plainman 2

Postby techno beats » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Damn that rules. Would love a new one too

techno beats

Postby Pokemon Blue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:33 pm

I don’t mind not having the National Dex, if it meant resources were being diverted towards a more interesting game experience. This doesn’t appear to be the case though. Probably gonna be a hard pass from me.

fwiw i think that gold/silver/crystal is the best in the series (or the heart gold/soul silver remake)

Pokemon Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....