Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby broodstar » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 pm

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:semiannual 'if you liked chrono trigger and are looking for a chill rpg, consider cosmic star heroine' plug. 70% off on eshop right now

not for the plot/story (it's all homage & memes), but it has an insanely good battle system & the best pacing of any 16-bit jrpg ripoff i've ever played. plus there is one particular homage that will make you grin ear to ear, you'll know when you see it. very worth your time.

yeah the battle system's quite good from what i remember

also digimon story cyber sleuth just came out and it's quite good to me so far

broodstar

Postby peanut » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 pm

Arturo wrote:In the most frustrating section of Dragon Quest where all the characters split up, seems to be going on forever.

Enjoyed up to that point for the most part, nice playing easy games sometimes. Too linear and lots of sexist stuff tho *sigh*

i'm here as well and i'm loving it... lots of the plot points are hitting me just right

i love the really slow, earnest storytelling in DQ games. erik's solo section got me good, and rab's actually made me shed a tear lol as someone who did not particularly care about that character beforehand.Toggle Spoiler

peanut

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:48 am

Wow that Fire Emblem story gets so powerful/moving/good! I think I will definitely play the other houses eventually
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby dusky » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 pm

i soured, then sweeted, then soured again to DQXI. among many things, realizing i was playing in a world of pretty much exclusively white people just sucked the joy out of the experience.

dusky

Postby tgk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Im at 20 hours in links awakening and I've still got a good chunk of game left (just got the hookshot). Im playing with my kid and we're trying to beat it before Luigi's mansion comes out. The simplicity required for a game boy game is such a strength here as a 7 year old can play it and progress through it just as well as I can.

tgk

Postby Cronos » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 pm

dusky wrote:i soured, then sweeted, then soured again to DQXI. among many things, realizing i was playing in a world of pretty much exclusively white people just sucked the joy out of the experience.

I believe they are Japanese

Cronos

Postby pzadvance » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 pm

See also: every other fantasy jrpg

pzadvance

Postby dusky » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:45 pm

pzadvance wrote:See also: every other fantasy jrpg

yeah and it sucks every time.

dusky

Postby Kenny » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:46 pm

On the last Chapter in Fire Emblem (Golden Deer path)I played through 6 chapters this weekend, I haven't marathoned a game like this in ages. This game is awesome.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Arturo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 pm

peanut wrote:
Arturo wrote:In the most frustrating section of Dragon Quest where all the characters split up, seems to be going on forever.

Enjoyed up to that point for the most part, nice playing easy games sometimes. Too linear and lots of sexist stuff tho *sigh*

i'm here as well and i'm loving it... lots of the plot points are hitting me just right

i love the really slow, earnest storytelling in DQ games. erik's solo section got me good, and rab's actually made me shed a tear lol as someone who did not particularly care about that character beforehand.Toggle Spoiler

I'm one of these bad gamers who skips all cutscenes and plays with sound off and my own music on

Arturo

Postby brent » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Kenny wrote:On the last Chapter in Fire Emblem (Golden Deer path)I played through 6 chapters this weekend, I haven't marathoned a game like this in ages. This game is awesome.

hell yeah
def my 2nd fav game for switch after botw, despite it’s flaws

brent

Postby Kenny » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 pm

I don't think I want to go in and play the other paths immediately, I think I'd burn out. I do want to know how the other stories were different tho :-/

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby peanut » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Arturo wrote:
peanut wrote:

I'm one of these bad gamers who skips all cutscenes and plays with sound off and my own music on

oh shit lol yeah i totally get it then, all the fights at this point seem to be free passes to keep the story moving along. i hear the game gets pretty difficult by the end though? i skip every mob encounter but the game is still like baby infant easy

peanut

Postby Kenny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Just beat Fire Emblem :ugeek:

Really great game. Though I was paranoid about the final battle and was a little overprepared so it was surprisingly easy ahah

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby shirts optional » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:59 pm

not being able to up the difficulty on DQ11 at-will seems stupid

shirts optional

Postby broodstar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 am

don't know what's in the switch version but the emblem stuff was only added for the western release, so it makes sense that the game wasn't developed with multiple difficulties in mind

broodstar

Postby tgk » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Beat links awakening took me 30 hours but I tried to find all the secrets because I just loved spending time in that overworld. A+ game maybe the perfect example of what makes Nintendo great.

tgk

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm 4 hours into DQXI and it took a little bit for me to warm up to it but I'm into it now. DQ is kind of always easy tho

Looking at the rest of the year I don't really think there's anything big on the horizon for me since i don't really care about Luigi's Mansion or the Pokemon game. But thank christ because I've been spending so much on Switch games.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby brent » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:56 pm

i wish we would get some updates on the nindies...in particular crosscode and silksong

brent

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 pm

I forgot Crosscode was coming, that will be fun to finally play

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby jca » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:10 pm

luigis mansion looks sick as hell

jca

Postby guaranteed mediocrity » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:20 pm

brent wrote:i wish we would get some updates on the nindies...in particular crosscode and silksong

and kentucky route zero
Chick-Fil-A Award Winner

guaranteed mediocrity

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Want my Hollow Knight fix dammit

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby john plainman 2 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 pm

jca wrote:luigis mansion looks sick as hell

I'm so excited for this. maybe my most hyped of the year? lol

john plainman 2

Postby yungboi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am

I will most definitely be playing Luigi's Mansion

yungboi

Postby boa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:07 am

Got it pre-loaded on my Switch. Did that voucher thing for that and Links Awakening. So pumped.

Silksong is my most anticipated. Hollow Knight jumped straight into my all time faves list just behind Super Metroid and Aria of Sorrow
how many mice do we rip on the daily

boa

Postby figaro » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am

is banana blitz any good? never played it on wii and its out tomorrow for switch

monkey ball 1 and 2 are stone cold classics

figaro

Postby Chyet » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:41 am

Kenny wrote:Wow that Fire Emblem story gets so powerful/moving/good! I think I will definitely play the other houses eventually

finally 3 or so hours into this. the relationship stuff is pretty weird! the gameplay and the hub and instruction is all really great and the game looks great
ad astra per alia porci/harken' up, cowards/and hell is dark

Chyet

Postby deadbass » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Gooigi

deadbass

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Just started Link's Awakening the other day. I love the art style so much, especially looks great when you reach a dungeon boss.

Unfortunately my right joy con keeps disconnecting and seems to either lag or just be unresponsive. :/ I guess the Pro Controller is the way to go?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....