Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Alice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 pm

I’m about a third of the way through LM3. I pick it up twice a week and play a floor or two. It feels less stale that way but it’s structure is pretty shallow.

I liken LM3 to something like Captain Toad. Beautiful but simple puzzle lite platforming games branded with Mario assets. I think they’re cute and fun, but there’s definitely no challenge there or long term engagement potential there.

They’re not essential games but they definitely have their charms. It’s just like playing an episodic cartoon. Not great for long sitdowns.

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:39 pm

I’d love to play Metroid Prime again on Switch. I have such a fondness for that game’s mood and aesthetic. A release of it some way has to be coming at some point. It just makes sense!

Nintendo seriously has a goldmine of games from the GC/Wii/U/DS era they could remake and charge full price for.

Alice

Postby brent » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:31 am

no metroid stuff is maybe my only disappointment with the switch so far. at this point i don’t really have much faith in anything cool happening either

brent

Postby meeshpotato » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 am

Well, Metroid prime 4?

Pokémon is the best

meeshpotato

Postby figaro » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:17 am

prime 4 is probably like 2-3 more years out now tho :(

anyways im in the phazon mines on my prime 1 play-through and god what a classic. soundtrack is so good. kenji yamamoto better be doing the music for 4.

figaro

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:53 am

Has anybody had the regular Switch and the Lite and knows if it makes the resolution better on the handheld side for some games on the Lite? I am sort of thinking about a Lite because I like handheld gaming but if the quality is still kinda muddy on some games (DQXI, Xenoblade 2 etc) then it's not really worth it
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Seamus » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 am

Sounds like you may be wasting your money on Nintendo hardware that you have zero need for
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby Seamus » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 am

Although I am a big fan of spending money tbh
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:24 am

Let the person who has never wasted money cast the first stone.

I'm not buying one unless it's better for my experience. I like playing handheld and would sacrifice the tv if it meant the handheld looked better, otherwise I won't buy it.

Anyway I'm mostly idly wondering, definitely gonna see what the XL or whatever version is first before buying a system

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 am

I had a switch and now have a lite. uhhhh my eyes can't tell a difference but it's so much more comfortable in every way

john plainman 2

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:32 am

I think if the Switch Lite could dock it would have been an instabuy just to be able to go out more comfortably with it

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby figaro » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am

like more comfortable to hold? normal switch still fucks with my right hand badly in handheld mode and im much too prideful to get one of those 3rd party attachments for ergonomics

I kind of shudder when I think about how awful my hands are going to be in another 10-15 years from now since I've been typing and playing videogames basically my entire life

figaro

Postby john plainman 2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am

figaro wrote:like more comfortable to hold? normal switch still fucks with my right hand badly in handheld mode and im much too prideful to get one of those 3rd party attachments for ergonomics

I kind of shudder when I think about how awful my hands are going to be in another 10-15 years from now since I've been typing and playing videogames basically my entire life

yeah it's still a child's toy in adult hands but I haven't been cramping. it's also a lot lighter which makes a difference.

john plainman 2

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:41 am

my fear of a joycon failing on my switch lite has kept me from pulling the trigger.
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby quinine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:13 pm

ughhhhh wtf

so I originally bought my switch off my old roommate who impulse-bought it on launch day with botw then decided he didn't actually want to keep it after playing thru. he had created a new nintendo acct to buy the digital v of botw; I just set up a new profile, started my playthru of botw and continued on my merry way buying everything else under my own account

this worked without any issue until the other day when I stupidly decided to remove his profile because he's never going to use it again and I didn't want to keep clicking through the user selection screen

apparently this disabled my botw download, which I guess makes sense in retrospect. the weird part tho: I bought and installed the DLC under my own account. and now I just got his login info and re-added his account, and it still won't let me play with my profile. I can start a new game under his profile, and it shows the dlc content under his profile too (even tho this was bought with my profile), but I cannot access my own save. I was one divine beast away from completing the dirtbike dlc :cry:
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby Shalabi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Shalabi

Postby Double McDouble » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:13 pm

john plainman 2 wrote:I had a switch and now have a lite. uhhhh my eyes can't tell a difference but it's so much more comfortable in every way

Yeah the OG feels so cheap and bulky in handheld mode compared to the lite
Double McDouble

Postby jack » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 pm

i already own a superior version that i've played for like 100 hours but i bought witcher 3 for switch and i'm having a blast playing portable witcher.

jack

Postby kirito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:28 pm

i might get it just for the gwent quests

kirito

Postby dreamshake » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:22 pm

got yoku's island express on sale and it's a heck of a pick up. it's pretty much video game asmr for me.
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:48 pm

I watched the Kotaku/Tim Rogers stream of Pokemon and it was a lot prettier and funner looking than I thought... the previews didn't really make it look good

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:49 pm

you get to catch a LOT of pokemon right away

john plainman 2

Postby deadbass » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:54 pm

deadbass

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Kuboaa wrote:wish I could play this but amazon sent my pre-order via UPS who promptly fucked up and now it's expected on Wednesday, I am tempted to just buy it digitally and return the physical copy when it eventually arrives

almost 5 pm on Monday and UPS still hasn't delivered my copy, the worst fucking company.

Kuboaa

Postby quinine » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:27 pm

lol apparently pokemon crashes any rokus on your wifi network
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby cubistcastle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:40 pm

quinine wrote:lol apparently pokemon crashes any rokus on your wifi network

Wtf are you kidding me!? So that's why my tv stopped working immediately after I started the game

cubistcastle

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Between wiping sd cards and crashing rokus this pokemon game is super weird.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:49 pm

how the fuck

palmer eldritch

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:51 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:

how the fuck

"Pokémon sends a network discovery packet to each device on port 26037. Roku also listen on that port for LAN based updates so that multiple devices on the same network can update each other. It was an obvious decision. Saved Roku around a quarter million dollars in CDN traffic costs. Roku is popular in the commercial space where it’s often used as a media source to control sometimes 100s of TVs on the same network. It just so happens that Pokémon’s network discovery packet shares the exact same bytes as Roku’s signed bytecode to reboot."

The Unblinking Eye

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:55 pm

I hope no one tries to play this game on a boeing jet

palmer eldritch

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....