Postby acidity regulator » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:54 am

I did and the flight took only 2 hours instead of the normal 4½
5 bloody stars
ImageImageImage

acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 am

Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby gambra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:40 am

That one sounds like nonsense tbh. These kind of things are getting way overblown because of the general shit around Sw/Sh. The SD corruption stuff was people hacking their console for the first time and playing pirated version, using exFAT SD cards on a hacked console means its going to get corrupted at any time. The Roku one seems legit though.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:45 am

Yeah, it could even be just a fault in that particular system too, I guess

on a related note, I was never sure how much stock to put in the claims that if you use a non-Nintendo dock (or even a non-Nintendo power cable) it could brick your system

The Switch seems kind of fragile behind the scenes

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Double McDouble » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 am

Only thing getting bricked on my console is these weak ass trainers
Double McDouble

Postby gambra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 am

Kenny wrote:Yeah, it could even be just a fault in that particular system too, I guess

on a related note, I was never sure how much stock to put in the claims that if you use a non-Nintendo dock (or even a non-Nintendo power cable) it could brick your system

The third party docks can definitely be dodgy, the Nintendo implementation of USB C is their own weird version of it so any cheap knockoff dock fail to copy it right. They can run at the wrong voltage which just fries the Switch.

gambra

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 am

gambra wrote:
Kenny wrote:Yeah, it could even be just a fault in that particular system too, I guess

The third party docks can definitely be dodgy, the Nintendo implementation of USB C is their own weird version of it so any cheap knockoff dock fail to copy it right. They can run at the wrong voltage which just fries the Switch.

Does that mean I shouldn’t use an apple usb charger to charge the switch when I’m in travel mode? Because that’s what I’ve been doing, no issues so far

Down n dirty rufus

Postby gambra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:22 am

That should be fine? It seems to be the docks that have the main issue, probably since the docked mode increases the volatage to output the HDMI signal. Though I know I can't charge my Switch with most USB-C cables I have, only the official one works properly.

gambra

Postby quinine » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 am

I've charged my switch many times with apple and lenovo laptop chargers, no issues
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby Viz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm

I had a third-party dock that when used, it would display the joycons as not connecting/charging and made me think there was something wrong with the joycons.

Nope, it was the dock.
Viz

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Does Wasteland 2 run okay on the Switch? I've sene reports about the framerate but I'm usually bad at noticing that sort of thing.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Does Wasteland 2 run okay on the Switch? I've sene reports about the framerate but I'm usually bad at noticing that sort of thing.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:45 pm

In Nintendo's defense, the entire rollout of USB-C has been handled terribly - there's been little enforcement of the many different power standards to the point where you have to rely on this Google engineer who on the side does Amazon reviews of every USB-C cable and battery to check how compliant it is (the majority are not).

deadbass

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 pm

my NES will still probably work for my grandchildren, and i'm here i am worried my switch might not make it to see Prime 4
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby figaro » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:15 pm

heh yeah..this is probably the first Nintendo console I feel that wont last for an eternity hardware wise. Ive owned every one of them other than the WiiU and they all still work perfectly and I've never have had to get a replacements for any of them.

figaro

Postby Viz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Same here. I've never had a problem with people coming over and playing Nintendo games from the N64 all the way to the Wii and never worrying about the controllers.

Now, I literally feel stress when my kid's friends come over to play some Smash on the Switch.
Viz

Postby fester » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:58 pm

i sent my joycons back for free repairs and they work well now.

unfortunately when they fix them they use the same shitty stock parts so it's inevitable that it will happen again. really unbelievable they didn't use more rugged sticks for the switch lite.
------------

fester

Postby quinine » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:06 pm

are the sticks really not any better on the lite? this is like the first image on their promotional page lol

Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby john plainman 2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Kenny wrote:Does Wasteland 2 run okay on the Switch? I've sene reports about the framerate but I'm usually bad at noticing that sort of thing.

its not a very good game unfortunately

john plainman 2

Postby shirts optional » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

Can someone give me a quick rundown why Witcher 3 is so much better than other open world RPGs? On the fence about grabbing it

shirts optional

Postby kirito » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am

shirts optional wrote:Can someone give me a quick rundown why Witcher 3 is so much better than other open world RPGs? On the fence about grabbing it

extremely well written quests that feature difficult player choice with consequences, very well directed cutscenes, complex characters with good voice acting, interesting world and lore, immersive atmosphere, gwent

combat is okay to decent, you have some interesting build options which tend to be more work than the more effective light attack and axii spam

kirito

Postby morris buttermaker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:22 pm

fester wrote:i sent my joycons back for free repairs and they work well now.

unfortunately when they fix them they use the same shitty stock parts so it's inevitable that it will happen again. really unbelievable they didn't use more rugged sticks for the switch lite.

I've got joycon drift rn so I have to send mine in. How long did it take to get them back?

morris buttermaker

Postby cubistcastle » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:20 pm

shirts optional wrote:Can someone give me a quick rundown why Witcher 3 is so much better than other open world RPGs? On the fence about grabbing it

What draws you to open world games? I hated the few hours I put into both witcher 2 and 3. Controls are so unresponsive, everything is overanimated and the combat sucks. The only thing it does well is look nice and I dont really care about that if I have to play as dumb geralt the whole time anyway.

cubistcastle

Postby jack » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:38 pm

morris buttermaker wrote:
fester wrote:i sent my joycons back for free repairs and they work well now.

I've got joycon drift rn so I have to send mine in. How long did it take to get them back?

i got mine back 12 days after i shipped it out

jack

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I played a decent chunk of Witcher 3 on the PS4 and just couldn't get past the really shoddy controls.

Story might be great or whatever but I found the experience of actually playing the damn thing to be very frustrating

Pokemon Mastah

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:42 pm

I have Witcher 3 on PS4, I beat the griffin or whatever that everybody said I'd quit before beating but then I quit right after

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 pm

kirito wrote:

extremely well written quests that feature difficult player choice with consequences, very well directed cutscenes, complex characters with good voice acting, interesting world and lore, immersive atmosphere, gwent

combat is okay to decent, you have some interesting build options which tend to be more work than the more effective light attack and axii spam

Yeah well summarized. You learn to live with the combat and stupid horse mechanics

Down n dirty rufus

Postby fester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm

hey dudes post your trainer card codes

0000 0005 3YG4 33
------------

fester

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Is Sword/Shield worth getting

How does it hold up against other entries in the series

Is it balm

Pokemon Mastah

Postby fester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:53 pm

my corvisquire absolutely loves camping and always hovers over the pot with little music notes over his head as I cook curries, and when he's in battles I'm always getting messages that say "Corvisquire is thinking about camping" and "Corvisquire wishes you were petting it right now"
------------

fester

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....