You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:52 pm

those new starters are some real digimon level shit
Pokemon Mastah

Postby sunrise » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Celiac wrote:i haven't played pokemon since black and white, but what is the argument against random encounters? how else do you grind?

visible encounters
sunrise

Postby meeshpotato » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Celiac wrote:i haven't played pokemon since black and white, but what is the argument against random encounters? how else do you grind?

haven't played let's go, but i'd imagine you could still grind, and the difference would just be that you can see the pokemon on screen and choose whether to run into them and initiate a battle
meeshpotato

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Pokemon Mastah wrote:those new starters are some real digimon level shit

I loved the first 2 seasons of the Digimon anime
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby figaro » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm

didn't expect to be blown away or anything but yeah this still all feels a bit underwhelming

it would be so nice if nintendo had full reign over this dumb franchise
figaro

Postby Celiac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Oh visible encounters sounds cool
Gorgeous, Fantasy, Melody, Sweet, Kung Fu, Prof, Mac.
Celiac

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Celiac wrote:Oh visible encounters sounds cool

They are visible in let’s go eevee/pikachu
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 pm

The thing that interests me most in the Pokemon franchise is the competitive battling. It's a really great side to the game

But it's hidden under labyrinthian menu screens, and requires knowledge of game mechanics that are only obliquely alluded to in-game, then requires an absurd amount of hours pissing around with the breeding mechanics and whatnot just get something that is even competitive.

It's just so prohibitive and badly implemented

No doubt this iteration will be no different. Because GameFreak are pretty clueless
Pokemon Mastah

Postby endless dave » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Sun and Moon looked like it was just another Pokemon game on the first reveal I feel like and that game basically completely redid a lot of series' staples so I don't know if we can really make a good take on this one with a minute long trailer whose only main gameplay feature shown was that it likely still has random encounters.
endless dave

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:01 am

I don't think price is out yet for America but in in Europe the prices are out for Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4 and they are all €30/£30 each
:awful:

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Double McDouble » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 am

Pokemon Mastah wrote:those new starters are some real digimon level shit

The Mastah has spoken
Double McDouble

Postby milknight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am

digimon are cool tho...
milknight

Postby shizaam » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:23 pm

has anyone started ffix on switch?
shizaam

Postby endless dave » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm

shizaam wrote:has anyone started ffix on switch?

it's the one FF I've never played and so I downloaded it. Waiting for my next flight in mid-March to get into it (I've found I best zone out and play RPGS for hours at a time on flights)
endless dave

Postby Celiac » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:07 pm

jeez I can’t believe how bad I want to play Pokémon now. This is not ideal
Gorgeous, Fantasy, Melody, Sweet, Kung Fu, Prof, Mac.
Celiac

Postby Esteban » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Isn't it a port of the mobile version without touch screen functionality?
Esteban

Postby sunrise » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 pm

I assumed it was the one that came to PS4 last year.
not sure if that's the same as mobile
sunrise

Postby deadbass » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:36 pm

It’s the same on as on iOS/PC/PS4. It’s a nice port imo - they added better 3D models and fast forward and cheats and stuff. Not sure why you’d want the touchscreen controls from iOS though?
deadbass

Postby shizaam » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:55 pm

deadbass wrote:It’s the same on as on iOS/PC/PS4. It’s a nice port imo - they added better 3D models and fast forward and cheats and stuff. Not sure why you’d want the touchscreen controls from iOS though?

yeah, just hate that the ff is hidden in a menu. it was nicely done on ffxii remaster.
shizaam

Postby pzadvance » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:30 pm

anyone played transistor? curious to try it since its on sale
pzadvance

Postby Bad Craziness » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:36 am

Bad Craziness

Postby shirts optional » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:07 am

new toe jam & earl is getting some good reviews https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2019/2/ ... ove-review
shirts optional

Postby Chyet » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:09 am

i was wrong about fiscal quarters! my bad (sincere: tone)
broke/ad astra per alia porci/harken' up, cowards
Chyet

Postby shizaam » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:56 am

christ ffix backgrounds are gorgeous
https://m.imgur.com/a/A09TB
shizaam

Postby traced out » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:13 pm

kirito wrote:every single one of their games since gold and silver have had crippling performance issues. g/s would not run on a game boy color until nintendo had to send a team to rewrite almost all of their code.

it turns out it was actually just iwata lol

During the translation process, it became apparent that simply altering the games' text from Japanese to English was impossible; the games had to be entirely reprogrammed from scratch due to the fragile state of their source code, a side effect of the unusually lengthy development time.

"We only saw one possible choice at the time, and decided to focus our attention on Gold and Silver rather than an English version, and thought 'overseas development is just a dream within a dream,' and gave up on that idea," Ishihara told 4Gamer. "But that's where one man raised his hand — HAL Laboratory's president Iwata."

Iwata had joined HAL Laboratory in 1982 and ascended to president by 1993, but he was still a programmer at heart, not a business executive. Ishihara explained that Iwata analyzed the entire source code for Red and Green and "began mapping out a course on how to make a foreign version for [them]." In an Iwata Asks interview published in 2010, Ishihara and another colleague noted that Iwata also created compression tools for Pokémon's graphics code, and ported Red and Green's battle system to Nintendo 64 for Pokémon Stadium.

also:
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/9 ... 56/photo/1
Last edited by traced out on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
traced out

Postby Cronos » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:20 pm

Yeah put in like 30 hours already. Trying to beat it before the VII port comes out.
Cronos

Postby Chyet » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:26 pm

honestly kinda miffed that all these RE games are coming out after i picked up RE:2 revelations. i mean ok fine but i have to choose how i spend my money and feeling kinda burned, i don't get to buy very many games every year
broke/ad astra per alia porci/harken' up, cowards
Chyet

Postby Shalabi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Kinda disappointed in how badly Trials runs on the switch
Shalabi

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 am

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/a_high-definition_remaster_of_the_alliance_alive_is_coming_to_nintendo_switch

Damn, my finger has been hovering over the trigger for buying this on 3DS a couple of times, glad I waited now. It's a sequal-ish to Legend of Legacy which was a Bravely Default-style update of the Saga games, and apparently Alliance Alive makes the gameplay a lot funner. I played a good few hours of LoL and it was beauuuutiful and I wish I had more time to play it but I could tell it would take real elbow grease to beat it and fell off

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:30 am

Also Turok 1 and 2 are coming to the Switch.

FOR $20 EACH!

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....