You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shirts optional » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Figuring out "Prisoner" in Baba should be the Mensa entrance test

shirts optional

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 pm

back to botw: yesterday i got to the golf shrineToggle Spoiler and man did i laugh hard

this game fucking rules. it is insane how much i love it. i guess this is the part where i tell the thread i haven't beat a zelda since LTTP? but holy shit i am gonna play them all now

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby tgk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:09 pm

we have a whole botw thread you should check out for all the highs and lows and lols

tgk

Postby quinine » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 pm

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:back to botw: yesterday i got to the golf shrineToggle Spoiler and man did i laugh hard

I don't recall this one but I was so giddy when I found the pachinko shrineToggle Spoiler up in the mountains
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby Montague Terrace » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:48 pm

finished wargroove campaign. overall I'd say it's definitely worth the price of admission but I can't say it makes any real positive change/contribution to the aw series, even as a fan game. there's some real balance issues with particular units and particular maps. basically it just really made me want a new aw.

Montague Terrace

Postby Dead_Wizard » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Bah! Slay the Spire delayed until at least late April

Dead_Wizard

Postby brent » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 pm

baba is you...is fun as hell

brent

Postby bluemovers » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 pm

i got sucked way back into Hollow Knight

bluemovers

Postby brent » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:45 pm

i can’t stop thinking about baba is you. keep looking around my living room and thinking about what i can push

brent

Postby thrasher » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm sure most of you wisely ignored this game but this video is amazing lol

with turok out now it honestly seems like these guys could've made more money marketing this port as an aesthetically deliberate n64 throwback or something. it's incredible

thrasher

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm

brent wrote:i can’t stop thinking about baba is you. keep looking around my living room and thinking about what i can push

the thing i love about this game is when you've been stuck on a puzzle for a while, then all of a sudden you just get that flash of inspiration - a eureka moment - and the whole thing suddenly becomes clear and obvious

Pokemon Mastah

Postby mooncalf » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:55 pm

finished the celeste main game and then the messenger in the past few weeks. these little indie platformer games are fun! i should probably buy hollow knight at some point.

mooncalf

Postby brent » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Pokemon Mastah wrote:
brent wrote:i can’t stop thinking about baba is you. keep looking around my living room and thinking about what i can push

the thing i love about this game is when you've been stuck on a puzzle for a while, then all of a sudden you just get that flash of inspiration - a eureka moment - and the whole thing suddenly becomes clear and obvious

yep totally. i looked up two so far and one was infuriating that i couldn’t figure it out. the other was previously mentioned “prison” which...well, i would’ve never figured that out

brent

Postby Kenny » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:57 am

I find Baba Is You both addicting and frustrating. I'm about 3 hours in and the flash of figuring it out is so much fun but I'm getting to the limits of my ability and it's taking me forever to solve each one and I'm sort of feeling like I'm wasting my time for the little reward of a flash of pride in beating it. Like I still think it's cool and glad that I've spent the time I have on it but I might delete it off my switch so I stop loading it up and staring at the screen for 10 minutes without thinking of anything that works
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby feaxfang » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 am

pzadvance wrote:
anyone familiar with this one? looks nice and panic button's involvement is encouraging

This looks cool.

feaxfang

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 am

I enjoy baba is you

palmer eldritch

Postby doublethink0 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:24 pm

some good stuff coming

doublethink0

Postby doublethink0 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm

another good one

doublethink0

Postby endless dave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Kenny wrote:I find Baba Is You both addicting and frustrating. I'm about 3 hours in and the flash of figuring it out is so much fun but I'm getting to the limits of my ability and it's taking me forever to solve each one and I'm sort of feeling like I'm wasting my time for the little reward of a flash of pride in beating it. Like I still think it's cool and glad that I've spent the time I have on it but I might delete it off my switch so I stop loading it up and staring at the screen for 10 minutes without thinking of anything that works

yeah, every time there's some cool indie puzzle game that comes out I end up getting to this point, usually around that 3-5 hour mark. Baba Is You is very good but that little dopamine rush isn't worth feeling dumb for 30 minutes of just staring off and trying to figure out if it's quicker to rewind it or just reload the level

endless dave

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:15 am

This looks so pretty and balm I really hope it comes out in the West (it probably won't) even though I know next to nothing about Doraemon:

It's basically just a Story of Seasons (ex-Harvest Moon) x Doraemon, but I hope that means that future SoS games will look like this. The percentage of time I want to play Slow Life games just seems to be growing.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby brent » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:53 pm

celeste is on sale and i finally bought it

brent

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 am

What's the final hipinion on Octopath Traveler?

It seems silly I haven't bought it because I loved the Bravely Default games and u know I'm about retro graphics but I just do feel wary for some reason

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:50 am

it’s great for like 20 hours and hits all the right nostalgia buttons but then it starts to grate when you realize each character’s chapter is structured exactly the same, and they never interact. but the battle system/music/visuals are great. glad i bought it but i quit in the chapter 3s somewhere.

bluemovers

Postby brent » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:20 am

bluemovers wrote:it’s great for like 20 hours and hits all the right nostalgia buttons but then it starts to grate when you realize each character’s chapter is structured exactly the same, and they never interact. but the battle system/music/visuals are great. glad i bought it but i quit in the chapter 3s somewhere.

pretty much exactly how i feel. i somehow sank about 50 hours into it and beating a few stories before putting it down and i will definitely never ever pick it up again

it's kind of amazing how terrible the switch has been for rpg's huh

brent

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:32 am

I've been playing Tales of Vesperia which is really really fun if you miss the PS2 era of RPGs

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby warmjets » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 am

bluemovers wrote:i got sucked way back into Hollow Knight

I started my 2nd playthrough on the plane yesterday. God it's so good

warmjets

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 am

Not to bring things back to BoTW but I love the diaper horses, i'm gonna capture one and name it Drumpf, I feel like that is what the #resistance needs.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby came to wreck » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 am

wish i had never bought octopath

came to wreck

Postby brent » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 am

i honestly think my biggest buyers remorse for switch is mario kart :o

brent

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:11 am

Mine is Little Dragon's Cafe. I'm down with cutesyness and simpleness but the frame rate is so choppy that it's pretty unplayable. I was hoping for a while they'd have an update that optimized it but before I gave up they hadn't.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....