You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Big Oil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:10 pm

shitass party full of ghouls

Big Oil

Postby fester » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:14 pm

jenny durkan is just a horrible person. everything wrong with the dems.
------------

fester

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:36 pm

durkan poison
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby loaf angel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:37 pm

goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby guaranteed mediocrity » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

that gilly owns
Chick-Fil-A Award Winner

guaranteed mediocrity

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 pm

riverside county baby

im the first guy

ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby Rumpleforeskin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Pinche pick-me ass vendido Martinez.

Rumpleforeskin

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:46 pm

traditional masculine nobility is dead so it's just gonna be decades of this low camp like krystal karrington on loop
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby ill sinner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

helix krull wrote:a conversation yesterday on how resistance becomes struggle , how oppressed by becomes revolts against , how to affirm an identity as the logic of whiteness becomes the recognition of one's negation , for life , true life , real life is only thru the horizon of struggle , which starts as soon as one's dejection , abjection is laid bare for what it truly is , the wound of the wrong world , and this is already starting , from the moment the third precinct was taken , but the transition is still embryonically struggling to be birthed , and the question of transition (from resistance against to struggle towards , from affirmation within to negation without , from the critique of isolated incidents of violence to that of the violent structure of the world , from standing up for to solidarity with - these are all the same questions) must be answered , but it's also the most difficult question to ask !

like , to move from the critique of "isolated" acts of police violence to the violence that structures both these and the world they police , a violence that isn't only structural , foundational , architectonic , but is itself an act , is also to move from the white or middle class or cis-het or ... or ... or paternalistic standing up for to an active solidarity in struggle , but how does that happen , how does that occur ?

the problem w the vocal , performative , abstract renunciation of individual privileges and freedoms is also the problem w 'things neeed to get worse , things need to get bad enough , for them to join in struggle' , the problem of the former is that it is like , ontologically , impossible for someone to give up the very things that structure their individual being , the problem of the latter is that it is just as impossible for these things that structure their individual being to be taken away , and moreover , the individual is a bogeyman , a false premise , for individual autonomy , freedom , privileges , are white supremacist constructs that are founded on the negation of blackness ...

and the conversation moved towards , in order to ask this question , answering the other : how to move from critiques of individual acts of police violence to the violence that both structures these and the world , how to reveal the fabric of violence , not just as a condition of possibility for violence , but as itself an act of violence , something that directly enforces and brutalizes the lives caught w/in its constraints

and i think it's simple:

take , for instance , the history of exchange , one must sell one's labor power in exchange for commodities that will replenish that power , one must work for the necessities that will get one back to work , and one must do this freely , but of course this freedom to choose how one will be oppressed is an unfreedom , because this choice is predicated upon the erasure of a previous choice , one can either be oppressed or not be oppressed , one can either be a worker or be ...... whatever one wants to be ! be reconciled with oneself ! be a flourishing human being whose needs are satisfied , etc. etc. , but this choice is functionally a choice between being a worker or not being at all , for one cannot be anything but ,

and this is where it gets interesting

one cannot be anything but a worker , for if one were not to work , and to be something else ? who will be there to stop one from being that ? the police ... if one organizes one's workplace in order to gain more freedom w/in the constraints of oppression , who will be there to break the strike ? the police ... if one were working in food production and refuses to take one's wage to buy food but "steals" food from the workplace (food that one's labor has produced) , who will be there to stop one ? the police ... if one were to refuse to be evicted , who will be there to stop one ? the police ... if one were literally to choose to be anything but what one is at any moment in one's life , who will stop one ? the police ... if one were to step out of line at any moment , who .... ? the police .... if one doesn't work , one starves , if one doesn't work , one is homeless , if one doesn't work , one dies

but why ? literally because of the police

but whiteness as the grammar of the world will never choose to step out of line because it is the line , and thus will never experience the violence of the police that quite literally enforces , with the possibility of violence at every moment , one's entire life from birth to death , the violence of the police at a structural level is : you will be who you are or you will not be . it is only that some lives are something that they don't recognize to be as abject , dejected , and oppressed as they actually are , while others are something that is socially dead ...

but , if you were to ask this question to anyone ! why do you go to work every morning .... i think , if one were to challenge them , it is really intuitive that they do because of the violence of the police , a violence that remains only possible never actual , because one will always choose the side of law and order , even if that means giving up one's dignity and the hope of ever flourishing , even if that means delegating the actual violence of the police to those who exist under the brackets of social death ....

you , the one reading this , experience the same violence of the police that enforces black death , it's just that it's always under the modality of possibility , not actuality , it's just that you can exist w/o stepping out of line , even if stepping out of line , means recognizing one's abasement and seeing the possibility of reconciliation w life ...

this is a perfect example of white privilege though. that the threat of police violence is possibility and not actuality for most white people is enough to give them illusory comfort and freedom, and that’s enough to make them back the oppressors against the ones “getting out of line.” as long as they have relative comfort they don’t see themselves as truly part of the struggle. i think you’re saying the same thing too, but i don’t understand as much what you’re proposing? that we teach white people individually to also recognize their oppression and hope they join the movement? like, maybe i’m feeling a little pessimistic after watching that williamsburg video but i see some truth in “things neeed to get worse , things need to get bad enough , for them to join in struggle”

chargie wrote:

it makes me feel hopeless because you know most of those white people sitting around drinking beer have made posts on their social medias in favor of blm, but the deaths of innocent people isn’t enough to make/keep them engaged. a white supremacist capitalist system based on inequality is really good at keeping people in line. america’s general ethos seems to be “as long as someone is struggling more than me, i’m a winner” and it’s really hard to change when that fantasy is ingrained into so many people’s heads from childhood.

it reminds me of the black brunch protests in chicago though (https://chicago.suntimes.com/2016/1/1/1 ... estaurants) and makes me simultaneously kinda hopeful because i think there needs to be a lot more white discomfort to upset the status quo, whether that be through “difficult discussions”, or even violent revolutionary acts. i don’t know how we make the average person suddenly “see” otherwise. sorry if this post sucks ass, i basically just want to hear you expand on the last part of what you said helix.

ill sinner

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 pm

cry

ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby helix krull » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm

ill sinner wrote:it makes me feel hopeless because you know most of those white people sitting around drinking beer have made posts on their social medias in favor of blm, but the deaths of innocent people isn’t enough to make/keep them engaged. a white supremacist capitalist system based on inequality is really good at keeping people in line. america’s general ethos seems to be “as long as someone is struggling more than me, i’m a winner” and it’s really hard to change when that fantasy is ingrained into so many people’s heads from childhood.

it reminds me of the black brunch protests in chicago though (https://chicago.suntimes.com/2016/1/1/1 ... estaurants) and makes me simultaneously kinda hopeful because i think there needs to be a lot more white discomfort to upset the status quo, whether that be through “difficult discussions”, or even violent revolutionary acts. i don’t know how we make the average person suddenly “see” otherwise. sorry if this post sucks ass, i basically just want to hear you expand on the last part of what you said helix.

i guess what i mean (or what i'm thinking thru) i s that it's equally impossible to imagine someone freely giving up their freedoms as it is their freedoms being unfreely taken away , and that both "renounce your privilege" and "things just need to get bad enough..." are nonsense , because things are ! rly bad ! for a lot of people , a lot of white people included ! and that there must be a recognition that the same system is killing you , too , however less violently and less conspicuously ... and that the reason why it won't get better (and that it is bad in the first place) has to do w how the police enforce the possibility not to be oppressed , but ya , i agree that indifference is a white supremacist function of this neoliberal capitalist order , and i don't know what it will take , but just trying to think the difficulty in thinking this ! maybe evictions / unemployment / lack of healthcare will help but these are already deep-seated problems ...

edit: yeah , oh my god , those white brunch faces make me sick ... wrong life can't be lived rightly , but how ! wrong ! it can be lived !

n.b. , focusing on the myth of the white worker is obviously not a good thing to be focusing on in any case , just feeling trapped

helix krull

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm

new consciousness must detach from the base gross superficial physical-perceivable and shine in mutual recognition of experience, intellect, and capacity
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby ill sinner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 pm

helix krull wrote: and that there must be a recognition that the same system is killing you , too , however less violently and less conspicuously ... and that the reason why it won't get better (and that it is bad in the first place) has to do w how the police enforce the possibility not to be oppressed , but ya , i agree that indifference is a white supremacist function of this neoliberal capitalist order , and i don't know what it will take , but just trying to think the difficulty in thinking this ! maybe evictions / unemployment / lack of healthcare will help but these are already deep-seated problems ...

yeah that one of the police’s main functions has been to suppress social movements and maintain hierarchies is what makes this so difficult. and that people have seen the history of that, consented to it, and the police have received more funding, become more militarized, more capable of suppressing social movements, is what makes all of it so demoralizing sometimes. we’re fighting against a force that is specifically designed to stop people fighting against it. i understand pessimism isn’t a good option right now though, and i really think we’ve nearly reached a breaking point.

ill sinner

Postby dragon jeans » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:16 am

I would maybe take the liberty of summing up this discussion with:

Police exist to protect and serve capital, whose main goal is to coerce everyone into the great mulcher of capitalism; BIPOC get the worst of it by a wide margin bc capital views their deaths as spillage, and that affords white people the ability to be complacent, bc the degree to which they are being fucked feels barely perceptible in comparison.

:rixx:

dragon jeans

Postby polybius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 am

:(
  
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby ill sinner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 am

dragon jeans wrote:I would maybe take the liberty of summing up this discussion with:

Police exist to protect and serve capital, whose main goal is to coerce everyone into the great mulcher of capitalism; BIPOC get the worst of it by a wide margin bc capital views their deaths as spillage, and that affords white people the ability to be complacent, bc the degree to which they are being fucked feels barely perceptible in comparison.

yeah kinda spot on lol. i’m just thinking out how to express my thoughts to acquaintances and this forum is one of my sketchbooks & source material

ill sinner

Postby dragon jeans » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 am

Oh, and to be clear, absolutely zero shade intended! I like it when the board goes deep on this kinda stuff. Just trying to maybe assimilate what are some good points across the board into an instrument w/ more of a point on it.

dragon jeans

Postby normal forest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 am

polybius wrote:
:(

wow

the details in the article just make this sound worse and worse

normal forest

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 am

Can someone C+P that article? Looks like it's blocked for GDPR reasons here.
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.

Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby Albatross » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

Gussie Fink-Nottle wrote:Can someone C+P that article? Looks like it's blocked for GDPR reasons here.

Had to view this with a Tor browser for the same reasons. I've done my best to c+p everything as it appears on the website, including the referenced tweets.

MILWAUKEE —
The sudden arrest of Milwaukee activist Vaun Mayes followed by little information from police officials prompted protests Monday outside Milwaukee Police Headquarters.

Mayes and fellow activist Frank Nitty captured the arrest near North 51st Street and West North Avenue on cellphone video early Monday afternoon.

"Hi there sir," the officer approaching Mayes car is heard saying. "We have a warrant (inaudible) arrest, sir. Can you step out of the vehicle?"

The video angle turns to the sky.

Another angle from Nitty's camera shows an officer putting Mayes' cellphone on top of his vehicle as officers take him into custody.

"Can you tell me why you're arresting him?" Nitty asked.

"He's got a warrant," the officer replied.

"For what?" Nitty countered.

The officer replied, "That's his business."

The arrest happened minutes after Mayes finished an interview with WISN 12 about being featured in a mural honoring black community activists.

"Every (expletive) day y'all follow us, bro, harass us, everyday! This is getting ridiculous, bro," Nitty responded.

A search of Milwaukee County court records and federal databases did not reveal any current warrants related to Mayes' arrest.

When WISN 12 contacted the booking office, which is inside police headquarters, a booking officer said reporters would have to physically come to the station to inspect the book which logs every arrest made.

The officer would only say Mayes was being held in relation to a criminal trespassing charge.

That charge was crossed out of the booking log and replaced with a burglary charge.

When investigative reporter Derrick Rose and other members of the public tried to gain access to the public building, the doors were locked.

"If a judge signed a warrant, why can't you tell us what the warrant was for?" Rose asked.

A person who identified themselves as a detective replied, "There's no warrant, sir."

"Then why did the officer who arrested him say he was being arrested on a warrant?" Rose asked.

"I don't know," the person responded.

"So what's he being held for?" Rose asked.

"That's between him and the justice system, not you," the officer said.

Historically, arrest records in Wisconsin and the circumstances leading to arrests are public record and usually disclosed by police.

Several hours after Mayes arrest, Milwaukee police tweeted a press release about an arrest, but did not identify Mayes by name.

"The Milwaukee Police Department arrested a community activist for a felony charge related to his alleged involvement in criminal activity that occurred on Tuesday, June 23, 2020, on the 2100 block of North 40th Street," the release said.

The release did not include any specifics on what Mayes was suspected of doing.

A police source told Investigative Reporter Hillary Mintz investigators had received information alleging Mayes was seen going into the home at North 40th and West Lloyd streets before a fire.

The source would only add the arrest was connected to a state warrant.

By the time this story was filed and updated Monday night, no formal charges against Mayes had been filed or announced.

"Criminal charges will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in the upcoming days," the police press release said.

Mayes is awaiting trial on 2018 federal charges after being accused of planning to firebomb a Milwaukee police station and witness intimidation.

The U.S. Marshal’s Service office said if Mayes was arrested, it would violate his bond and a federal arrest warrant would be issued.

A document filed on Monday in the federal court database was not immediately available to the public.

Albatross

Postby yungboi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:25 am

dragon jeans wrote:I would maybe take the liberty of summing up this discussion with:

gonna remember this summation when trying to make this point to friends/family, ty dragon jeans

yungboi

Postby yungboi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 pm

the Stonewall Jackson monument is being taken down over here, after council was BSing about 'voting on whether to remove it' just hours ago today. if anyone wants to watch: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BdxYnzqLWlKX

yungboi

Postby clouds » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:32 pm

clouds

Postby dragon jeans » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:13 pm

omg the woke agenda i can die happy and as angry as i've ever been at the same time

dragon jeans

Postby light rail coyote » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 pm

with like one or two exceptions, every major journalist who has been covering the portland protests got arrested last night

the speaker of the oregon house also went after the mayor, which is a pretty huge development given how tight-knit the establishment is here and the very sacred rule that you don't do that

light rail coyote

Postby farmer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:26 pm

clouds wrote:

i count at least five reptiles
farmer

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm

was middle row far right the model for that rubbery meme face
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:30 pm

or, I guess thatImage
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby big zorb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm

hey y'all

des moines blm is a newer group but they're very legit and have been a strong voice in the community since this all started. a bunch of people just got wrongfully, violently arrested at the state capitol for this:

here's the link for the bail fund. it would be much appreciated if you're still looking for places to send money. during a wave of national donations places like des moines/iowa at large don't always get a ton of money.

thanks!!!
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby deebster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:29 pm

deebster

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....