ever been to Mexico City?

Let's talk hats

Postby dusky » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:04 am

big zorb wrote:I have weird Christian relatives in Merida. I should go see them sometime. If I get in to grad school again and decide to go this time I want to spend most of the summer in Mexico. I think the plan is like, Tijuana, Baja, Sinatra, Mexico City, Oaxaca, the Yucatan. Where else? Juarez? Urupan? Veracruz?

my wife’s great aunt (also a Freak 4 Jesus) lives in Merida and wants us to come visit next time. I hadn’t looked much into the city before reading this thread. Looks cool!

A couple different Mexicans have broadly recommended Chiapas to me. I think next time I’m going to try and start there and make my way to Yucatán.

dusky

Postby folkface » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm

excellent poster wrote:Awesome, thanks for the recs folkface. We won't be renting a car but as far as I can tell you can Uber to Progreso for pretty cheap. Is that salt mine a walkable distance?

I definitely wanna see Chichen Itza, swim in some cenotes, go out to Progreso for a day trip

Sorry didnt see this! It would be a long walk to the salt mines but probably an affordable cab ride from progresso

folkface

Previous

Return to The Hat Zone