Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby kit fox » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 am

honkduh wrote:
Nice. I grow outdoors. I currently have icicle, Dutch treat, strawberry fields & jack Herer. I just buy clones cuz I’m lazy & seed packs are expensive.

hell yeah! have you grown any of those strains before?

i'm going to try and get a couple clones of that one in the corner, the cbd shark shock. I'm almost out of the seeds i have for it and yeah seeds are annoying/expensive/time consuming. i am liking these autos though. if you can get some auto seeds and throw them in soil outdoors right now they'll finish in early october.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby honkduh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 pm

kit fox wrote:
honkduh wrote:
Nice. I grow outdoors. I currently have icicle, Dutch treat, strawberry fields & jack Herer. I just buy clones cuz I’m lazy & seed packs are expensive.

hell yeah! have you grown any of those strains before?

i'm going to try and get a couple clones of that one in the corner, the cbd shark shock. I'm almost out of the seeds i have for it and yeah seeds are annoying/expensive/time consuming. i am liking these autos though. if you can get some auto seeds and throw them in soil outdoors right now they'll finish in early october.

First time growing these strains. Do you get seeds online?

honkduh

Postby kit fox » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 am

ah, nice. yeah, I've used strainly.io before but got burned on one of the packs I got. the ones i got from this dude in michigan seem good so far though. hopefully when the regulation is all sorted out here it'll be easy to just get quality seeds and clones from a store.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:11 am

i have no idea why i don't grow here
it's perfect in terms of soil and sun
all things in time i guess
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby Sobieski » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am

damn kitfox is inspiring me
i should try and get some seeds or a clone and just grow it in my window or something

my other gardening goals are to get like a cold weather Olive tree, a Tea tree, make a weed bonsai, maybe rosemary and peppers

I better hurry if I'm going to actually do any of this
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 am

I've cultivated olives and despite their longevity they aren't a crazy long investment (treewise) but do you have a fifteen year plan
because that's what I'd work on for initial low output production
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 am

Want my advice for something you'll use a lot and won't kill
Bay laurels
I've done four full third reductions on my parents' one now and it's currently a 30ft trifurcated tree
They are inanely hardy

bruceagain

Postby viachicago » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Anyone know what I'm dealing with here. Its getting all my tomatoes :(

viachicago

Postby brent » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:02 pm

i’m gonna guess tomato hornworm(s)? we had a few a few years back fuck up some plants pretty quick and i check all the time now. look for their poo - if you see some leaves with what looks like a few flakes of dirt on them, you have hornworms. try looking around above the poo, they’re fairly large green caterpillars that blend in pretty well with the stems, but in my experience i’ve never seen more than 1-2 at a time, so you can just pick them off and get rid of them.

brent

Postby viachicago » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Motherfucker

viachicago

Postby viachicago » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Brent with the slam dunk.

Now the question is how many of these things are there. Already found another one. Kinda taken aback by how big they are.

It's easy to check my determinates but my cherry tomatoes are just a colossal unkempt tangle of bushes where these dudes could be hiding anywhere. Guess im picking up BT spray

viachicago

Postby sadville » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 pm

yeah those things are kinda terrifying when you stumble upon them

anyone got any suggestions on how to keep deer from eating all my greens and tomatoes? i've tried human hair, dog hair, sweaty shirts...gonna try taking a walking piss around the garden tonight, maybe that'll do it

at least *touches wood* they haven't gotten to my okra or peppers!

next year i'm putting all my stuff in raised beds inside the fenced-in part of my yard
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

sadville

Postby kit fox » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 pm

moved some stuff around yesterday. I trimmed up the short auto/purple skunk, freeing up the small tent again - it came in at .89 oz. I think I overdried it, that's an 84% loss of moisture, I was shooting for around 75%... smells great though! I'll probably sample it tomorrow.

moved the skunk auto and the baby autos in to the small tent, got a new light in there too. What up until now I thought was the skunk auto is making me nervous because it hasn't gone in to flower yet. Considering I started it June 9th it should be well in to flower by now to be ready in about a month. It's really big too despite my having topped it. part of me is a little bit concerned that I pulled some kind of double accident and these are both the cbd shark shock, since the one male plant had gone in to full flower and the other had developed pre flowers really fast, so maybe they were both the autos? i don't know. pretty stumped on how I could have fucked that up so bad, everything was labeled from start to finish.

the reason i'm concerned about the mix up is because I put the trellis net on the shark shock today and I'm going to start training it until it fills the whole tent before flipping it to 12/12. This will trick the plant in to thinking every single branch is it's main branch and give them all equal resources.Then when they all have nowhere to go but up, bam, hit 'em with the 12/12 and put them in to stretch mode. If that skunk is actually a photoperiod plant/actually the cbd shark it needs to be in that tent when i flip it to 12/12, but if I let them get too much bigger there probably wont be room in there for both to be flowered together. so i'm hoping it starts budding within a week or I'll surely be out of room for both. I'd lose out on yield on the auto if I do this now and it ends up only getting 12 hours of light a day, but if it isn't the auto I can't let this thing grow out for an extra two months in that little tent, it'll get wayy too big unless I do more topping.

before net:

after net:

i also built myself a little pot holder so I can more easily clean out the catch saucer without disturbing the plant once it's fully through the net. tomorrow morning I'm going to take two cuttings off this to clone it from branches that won't catch up to the canopy in time anyway.

edit: here's the cuttings in rockwool inside this makeshift humidity chamber

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 pm

When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby honkduh » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

kit fox wrote:
edit: here's the cuttings in rockwool inside this makeshift humidity chamber

I took a cutting on Saturday that's currently sitting in a humidity dome. Have you had good success cloning?

honkduh

Postby kit fox » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

I have cloned exactly one time, way back in 2007 when I did a really shitty closet grow. it worked, somehow. So far the cuttings I took are looking good, but I don't see signs of roots yet:

they're like, upright and everything, so hopefully in a few days they show some roots and I'll take the healthier of the two and put it in soil.

I moved the mystery plant in to the flower tent with the other. I pruned them both extensively below the canopy, so I'm gonna give them a minute to recover, then i'm gonna flip 'em to 12/12 on the new moon tomorrow with the plan of harvesting on the october full moon. I'm not even sure that it matters but i'm interested to see what syncing the plants up with the lunar calendar might bring, and it happens to work out to ~10 weeks of flowering, which is a little longer than what I did before, but I'd like to really bulk these up.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:08 am

my cucumbers are exploding, i should prolly get into canning/pickling?
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby brent » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:52 am

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:my cucumbers are exploding, i should prolly get into canning/pickling?

we did 4 plants and they are out of control right now but somehow we have mostly kept up, but i've been eating cucumber & white onion salad for like 2 weeks straight now lol. i think this year might be the first year i have excess peppers. at first i didn't think our habanero plant was going to make it, but i guess they just take way longer to fruit. there is an insane amount growing on there now...might have to take a stab at making hot sauce for the first time

brent

Postby honkduh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm

kit fox wrote:I have cloned exactly one time, way back in 2007 when I did a really shitty closet grow. it worked, somehow. So far the cuttings I took are looking good, but I don't see signs of roots yet:

My clones haven't rooted yet, it's been 1 week :shock:

I bought some autoflower seeds online and of the 2 I've planted one has already germinated. My neighbors outdoor plants are peeking over his 6' fence already. Super jealous.

honkduh

Postby kit fox » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 pm

hell yeah on the autoflowers

i wouldn't be too concerned, my clones only just started rooting, about a week and a half after cutting them - I popped them in soil today:

the autoflowers are growing quickly!

in the big tent I flipped it to 12/12 on wednesday, gave them one last tuck under the screen on friday and they're already up a couple inches again. I gave them a flush yesterday and will start introducing bat guano to the fertilizer mix this week in a small dose, don't want to go full on with the bloom nutrients until they're actually flowering, want to keep it balanced towards growth for at least another week or so. once they've grown 5 or 6" above the trellis I'll put another trellis net in for support and go full on with the bloom nutrients. I'm guessing they'll get to be 9-10" over the first net.

overhead:

from the side:

in a few weeks I'll take a look at which branches underneath haven't made it anywhere near the light and chop those as well as all the fan leaves that are just down there not getting light and taking up resources. they call this "lollipopping" and some people say it will affect yield in a bad way, some say in a good way. I'm gonna do it just to keep watering easy.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby quinine » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:56 pm

kit fox wrote:overhead:

woah.

is there like, a go-to guide for someone who wants to try this for the first time? just like doing one plant as a learning experience mostly. moving soon to a new place that has space to grow some things again finally :awful:
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby kit fox » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:21 pm

I got started following along with what this guy does. he has a bunch of videos but this one is a complete grow:

it's basic organic growing - using liquid seaweed and molasses to feed soil bacteria that break down nutrients from the soil to feed the plants. weekly compost teas to up the beneficial organisms and add some nutrients via earthworm castings and compost. then you add other stuff high in potassium and phosphorus during the bloom phase.

now I use a nutrient line called Nectar for the Gods that is a bit more complicated, but I still keep the topping and "screen of green" method that mr cali green uses - using the trellis net to train the plant and maximize the number of stems that are exposed to light.

I got a cheap tent and this light to start: https://www.amazon.com/Phlizon-Thermometer-Humidity-Adjustable-Spectrum/dp/B0752CL6KJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2NMJEBO85D4D4&keywords=phlizon+newest+600w+led+plant+grow+light&qid=1564967692&s=gateway&sprefix=phlizon+%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

then i got another one when I decided to grow 2 plants in that tent (2'x4'), but it would work fine for one plant in a 2'x2' space. depending on what your climate is like you might not have to get temperature/humidity controllers but that's another thing you could get depending on how intense you want to get with it. I'm really struggling with keeping the humidity down in the big tent right now. I'm definitely going to switch to growing outside in the summer and indoors only in the winter next year.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby kit fox » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 pm

this is a more intense guide to the screen of green method:

https://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby brent » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 pm

quinine wrote:
kit fox wrote:overhead:

woah.

:ryan: :ryan: :ryan: :ryan: :ryan:

brent

Postby galactagogue » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 am

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:Image

hell yeah !!! you guys are inspiring. i wish i had a yard :(( container gardening feels so limited.
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby shizaam » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 am

galactagogue wrote:
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:Image

hell yeah !!! you guys are inspiring. i wish i had a yard :(( container gardening feels so limited.

yeahh. i'd take even a small outdoor plot, ha

shizaam

Postby viachicago » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:18 am

pickled this weekend as the cucs and dill are coming in hot

then took a break from veggies to work on the front. still a work in progress, the goal is to have this basically be entirely a little patch filled with native prairie stuff. need more groundcover at the moment and maybe pare back the hostas in favor of something different

viachicago

Postby honkduh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Boom! :D

honkduh

Postby galactagogue » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:32 pm

hah i know that feeling :)
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby quinine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:59 pm

sweet, thanks for the links kit fox. might try to make this my fall project once the less exotic plants are settled
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....