Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ripersnifle » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:20 pm

the Dedicated LP finally shipped last week i think
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby kentucky » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:39 pm

guidance wrote:holy shit what a show

Sorry I missed you guys. That show was way more packed than I expected. We got there right before the opener and then just stuck to a spot midfloor (near the group wearing blonde CRJ wigs). It was a hell of a show and I had a lot of fun dancing and singing with everyone around me.

kentucky

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 pm

ugggh im so excited

aaah!

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby dr. badvibes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Quigley wrote:
dr. badvibes wrote:
Quigley wrote:Just got tickets for the Ottawa show in September in the public onsale. Bizarrely painless, even if she's not a huge star I'd have thought scalpers would have no trouble scooping up the 500 or so tickets available today.

i've never really been to an indoor pop music show, but is the Bronson Centre not a fucked up place for this? do they de-install the seats or does everyone just stand in rows?

The seats in there seem pretty bolted down, like theatre seats, but there is a floor section at the front.

My 9 year old and I are getting matching shiny light up shoes for the show:

yeah, those seats look permanent as hell

after plumbing my memory i do actually remember being there for one or two shows where the audience was awkwardly tossed back and forth between sitting or standing, grudgingly rising in staccato whenever one faction or another decided to independently stand up for their favourite song and start a chain reaction. i've been reassured that my ticket for this is in the pit, thank G. standing in the rows was bad, and would be borderline intolerable for anyone ~5'10" or smaller, since you can't do anything to get an ang if someone tall is in front of you

dr. badvibes

Postby father of two » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:07 am

killer show last night in cleveland, got the tickets for the bf for his birthday back in may. definitely knew more words to more songs than i realized. really cute energy all around for the most part; there were definitely a few creeper solo straight dude /mu/ poster types, but the crowd was diverse and fun.

father of two

Postby figaro » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:08 am

now that i found you is saving my dumb life rn

figaro

Postby guidance » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am

kentucky wrote:
guidance wrote:holy shit what a show

Sorry I missed you guys. That show was way more packed than I expected. We got there right before the opener and then just stuck to a spot midfloor (near the group wearing blonde CRJ wigs). It was a hell of a show and I had a lot of fun dancing and singing with everyone around me.

we got there like five minutes before she took the stage and found a spot in the middle but off to the right. spent a lot of time at divebar across the street beforehand.

had a guy next to me tell me how much he loved my energy, hugged me and then waved out of his uber after the show while yelling “there’s my friend!”

guidance

Postby Dear You » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:55 am

can't wait to lose my shit and cry on the 30th
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb

Dear You

Postby scrambled » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 pm

ok i decided to give up and look up the set list so i would not be disappointed - and tbh kind of saddened at no WARM BLOOD and AUTOMATICALLY IN LOVEToggle Spoiler :( but overall all her songs are excellent and now i'm v pumped

scrambled

Postby scrambled » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:26 pm

heyy my friend canceled last minute :( buuut anyone want a ticket for tonight? :D dm me 2 cut 2 the feeling

scrambled

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Scrambled i have w tix but if u wanna wait in line we me....

Ahhhhhh! So excited

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 pm

(I am pootis/a-10/pashmina)

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Flying solo and im gonna lose my damn mind with this setlist

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Uhhhh why is there an opener

Im furious

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby acapelli » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Shaggy 2 Dope wrote:Uhhhh why is there an opener

Im furious

They were not good
acapelli

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 pm

No

Im in an atari shirt w a crj cat sweatshirt wrapped around me and jorts feel free to say hi

I am wearing bright air force ones as well and on the right side

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Holy shit

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby shirts optional » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:11 pm

what time did she get on

shirts optional

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 pm

around 9? wasnt actually that late just felt like forever cause the other band sucked. i think they're her backing band? i dont know. show was over by 11, but she did the expected set, which was over 20 songs w/o breaks.

she was insanely fucking good, better than last time. she performs with so little besides her songs and her charisma, it's really great. pretty much just the crowd singing the entire time. such a welcoming and fun and warm experience. i think it was maybe the best show i've ever been to. she's such a fucking performer, and she has such a strong catalog for a show that length now. i think even ppl that are wish-washy on dedicated would love the set list. cut to the feeling as the encore closer.

post your merch

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm

getting both real love and for sure was a real unexpected treat

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby acapelli » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:13 pm

Shaggy 2 Dope wrote:No

Im in an atari shirt w a crj cat sweatshirt wrapped around me and jorts feel free to say hi

I am wearing bright air force ones as well and on the right side

I was at the show last night otherwise I definitely would've tried to holler

Agreed 100% with your assessment. Was blown away by how loud the crowd was
acapelli

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:14 pm

she gets such insanely good crowds

theyre like the legit best. the vibes are soooo good and everyone is always all in, all the way back to the bar

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 pm

like instead of getting mad about you trying to get back to wherever everyone just sings and dances with you it rules

and she is just insanely good at singing her songs. she is such a performer. i love it.

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby Shaggy 2 Dope » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:47 pm

ok no i love this sweatshirt i want to post it sorry

Shaggy 2 Dope

Postby scrambled » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:23 am

Shaggy 2 Dope wrote:Scrambled i have w tix but if u wanna wait in line we me....

Ahhhhhh! So excited

omg so sweet <3

i got there like running up the stairs to 2nd balcony as run away with me was booming through the halls, very exciting.

yes amazing concert. euphoric end. i think my fav moment was when she had the audience singing like 8 lines of when i needed you and we all did perfect and i forgot how truly fully amazing song that is. also forgot how amaaaazing Let's Get Lost is and all her songs (except everythingheneeds oops) and yes yes

i was by myself :oops: but then immediately befriended these two girls by just singing at each other and they adopted me as a friend and we had so much fun together and went out for drinks after :) THE POWER OF CARLY

scrambled

Postby powderfinger » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:29 am

omg that sweatshirt is amazing

powderfinger

Postby denvermax » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 am

NYC show was a lot of fun but the sound did not seem great to me. Might have been the venue

denvermax

Postby Bananas & Root Beer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:04 pm

y'all, can someone give me a sense of how intense/elaborate the lighting is for these shows?

(like, as far as risk for someone with photosensitivity)

anything helps, thanks!

Bananas & Root Beer

Postby Dear You » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:14 pm

goddamn that sweatshirt is incredible
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb

Dear You

Postby sliiimer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Bananas & Root Beer wrote:y'all, can someone give me a sense of how intense/elaborate the lighting is for these shows?

I really didn't notice anything too bad, and I'm liiiightly photosensitive. I think it was actually on the tamer side of concerts that I've seen (not that I'm a frequent concertgoer).

Saw her in Indianapolis last week and had an amazing time. Even the songs I didn't like on Dedicated were just so fun to see performed live. I echo everything about the crowd's positive energy--after the opening act left (MANSIONAIR! IT'S MANSIONAIR TIME!!!), I sang Lovefool with a total stranger and just had a ball. It was second pride, it was public cardio. It was carly!

sliiimer

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....