Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Petty » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 am

Having furniture delivered to our new place, it's over 7 hours late from the delivery window
Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚Started from the bottom (US) now we're here (UK)

NOTICE: I do not own, nor am I owned. Stop trying to drag me into your FUCKED UP hegemony ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby Merlin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 am

tgk wrote:I never felt more proud to be an adult than the day i hired movers and watched em haul out my entire place in thirty minutes. Money well spent.

yeah we packed the uhaul ourselves down one flight but our apt now is 3 flights up so we just watched some strong dudes carry our stuff while we drank wine 8-)
Merlin
Gandalf

Postby Petty » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:28 pm

We've lived in our current place for 3 years but it's such a closet that moving has been pretty easy because we couldn't get anything to fit inside.

Now we are moving to a 2nd floor apartment, off the ground floor so we can keep the blinds open because people can't just see in, it's pretty large and it wasn't furnished so we don't have shitty ikea furniture and I'm an ADULT!

NOTICE: I do not own, nor am I owned. Stop trying to drag me into your FUCKED UP hegemony ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby Petty » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:07 pm

I've just finished it was relatively smooth but I still need a drink

I bought a ps3 yesterday at a yard sale and I finally get to see if it works. Only cost 10 tho

Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby Petty » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Here's my new hallway bookcase

Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby The Puma Man » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 am

I just spend 8 hours taking apart my enormous recliner couch so I could fit it through the tiny half-sized door to the basement, and put it back together down there.

At least half of those hours were me holding the couch up with one hand and forcing in screws with the other, the entire time hoping that the couch isn't going to slip and crush me to death.

Now I'm fully reclined, spending the morning watching movies in the cool basement entertainment room we set up.

Movin' ain't so bad, everyone.
The Puma Man

Postby razzle » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:47 am

i'm going to have to move soon. i found my roomate on craigslist and thought I was just going to finish a sublet. two years later i'm still here. I like it enough and he travels enough. I feel my living habits may be grating him though.
At least we have Hamilton
razzle
ok

Postby crooked » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am

i have so much goddamned stuff; i've had to make 3 additional trips to wal-mart just for boxes
YES, I PUKE ALLL THE FREAKIN TIME. IT IS NERVES AND IT IS NORMAL. IM REALLY REALLY BAD TODAY. BE WELL
crooked
ok

Postby The Puma Man » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 pm

I hired movers for my heavy shit. I showed them my apartment, went across the street to grab a coffee, by time I got back they had cleared everything and were already on the way to the house.

It was humbling and amazing and I'm probably gonna hire movers any time I move from now on.
The Puma Man

Postby grammatron » Mon May 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Bump
grammatron

Postby strong nose » Mon May 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Oh fuck I'm doing this again in July
For me it's the 4th time in less than a year
what you eat don't make me shit
strong nose

Postby shark week » Mon May 23, 2016 3:34 pm

doing this right now

i am in luck that the new spot is right down the street and i have until the 31st to finish moving/cleaning everything
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it
shark week

Postby grammatron » Mon May 23, 2016 3:35 pm

We were supposed to have 10 days between closing on the new house and our lease ending on the rental, so we were going to have movers do some of it, but a lot would just be throwing stuff in the car and driving it over to the new house. Then our closing got pushed back a week, so now we're packing the entire house for the movers and it suckkkkssss.
grammatron

Postby GOSH » Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Grammatron i got a lil sunthin sunthin right here for u to pack shawty :ahuh:
GOSH
Not the Authority on Birds

Postby dvr » Mon May 23, 2016 8:50 pm

feral wrote:Destroying furniture is probably the most satisfying feeling you can have.

Getting free reign to tear down a wall in your friend's basement
dvr

Postby feral » Tue May 24, 2016 8:24 am

NOT MOVING THIS YEAR OH MY GOD THANK YOU
philosophy isny jut navel gazing about "life"
feral

Postby G_S » Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 am

jealous

fucking landlords have changed their mind a few times and whoops oh well gotta move
G_S

Postby chowder julius » Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 am

just called the confirm my moving truck, schedule my utilities to be shut off, have my prescriptions transferred. the refugee resettlement place is coming to pick up most of my furniture on friday since i'm too lazy to deal with moving it myself. i'm moving next thursday. i've lived in this area my whole life so i kind of feel like i have no idea what i'm doing right now. i'm mostly packed at least

i hope the apartment i signed a lease for sight unseen isn't a disaster!
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby trampoline » Tue May 24, 2016 8:39 am

I'm moving in two days to a different country but I'll only take a couple of bags filled mostly with clothes. All the rest of my stuff should stay here with my brother until he also needs to find a new place.
trampoline

Postby chowder julius » Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 am

the worst part of my move is dealing with all my books. i have very little large furniture coming with me and have purged a bunch of stuff but goddamn there are so many books
chowder julius

Postby G_S » Tue May 24, 2016 8:45 am

yeah all the books cause a lot of self-loathing each move. I need to go through and cull some as well but THAT one I gotta keep THAT one
G_S

Postby Petty » Tue May 24, 2016 8:46 am

Since we moved just like half a mile away we luckily didn't have to get rid of any books, I just put them all in a travel backpack and did like 5 runs of books or whatever. It was heavy as hell, but I got to be both cheap and lazy

Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby emotional fascism » Tue May 24, 2016 8:46 am

books and records. I'm never moving again.

We took 18 banker boxes full of books to my in-laws last week ahead of our move. I have 1800 records to pack this weekend - we're moving on June 30, but there's so much to do it's making me anxious and keeping me up at night.
emotional fascism

Postby gandhi » Tue May 24, 2016 8:50 am

2350 to hire movers
fuck that
anyone use PODS
gandhi

Postby Robo-Chachi » Tue May 24, 2016 8:56 am

Just moved again this weekend. Moving wasn't so bad but I've spent the better part of the last 4 days cleaning and it SUUUUUCKS.
Robo-Chachi

Postby wintergreen » Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 am

a good way for me to ruin my day is to remind myself how much it's going to cost to move back to the us next year.
wintergreen

Postby emotional fascism » Tue May 24, 2016 9:00 am

I wish I had enough money to pay for one of those all in one packing/moving companies. I'm sure it's worth the cost, but I can't justify with all of the other expenses we're looking at.
emotional fascism

Postby an otter » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

I used to move a few times a year with no stuff so in my mind it wasn't that bad. But my latest move I had stuff, and it was awful. We even spent $4K on movers and it was still horrible. You don't realize how much of a hoarder you are until you need to touch it all.

And then when it's all done you get to sleep on an air mattress for a week before your stuff arrives and they wreck your couch in the move. Never again.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby chowder julius » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

somehow my budget truck rental from kentucky to dc is under $400 with taxes. i feel like that's a prelude to being majorly boned when i drop the truck off
chowder julius

Postby Petty » Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am

When I moved to Europe I came with only one checked bag and a carry on luggage and now I'm back to owning a bunch of crap like everybody else

Petty
P-Nut's biggest fan

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....