Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby pana » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:48 am

"Greece: Dicks" is still a thread here and that was just because of some dirty politicians and tax avoidance. after the US financial crisis had already started the domino effect worldwide by exposing problematic economies, which i always found pretty funny

pana

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am

lol just checked and Greece: Dicks is a totally thread too
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby mystery meat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

i think if being cognizant of antisemitism on the left results in really tempered tepid defanged criticism of a racist authoritarian military state then we're probably not doing it right. i see the value in the title change but i also think the previous title was good for signaling to Palestinians and Palestinian rights activists that this is a space of ally-ship. i see reining in the title as part of a boardwide initiative/trajectory toward being less dirtbag/cavalier and more cautious of blindspots in framing more sensitive/political threads, which i think is an overall good thing and we can leave 'Israel still dicks' to the posts we make therein. but i also think it would be cool if we didn't just settle for a disingenuously neutral CNN 'both sides' kinda title devoid of ideological position.
mystery meat

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 am

"Greece: Dicks" is definitely a fucked up perspective
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

I am pro a thread title that signals definitive support for Palestine

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby delgriffith » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 am

I mean I'm not changing it again but I think the opinions of the people who post here are not being dictated by the thread title. This is an improvement over ISRAEL: STILL DICKS, which always felt insubstantial when coming in here after the latest massacre of Palestinian children. Guffaw I think rightly pointed out that Palestine should be a part of the title too.

I don't know, I hope that everyone can just use this thread to criticise Israel's actions/politics, decry Netanyahu/Likud, and talk about whatever else without the thread title itself really being a signifier of anything. Some people will see this as a copout, and so I'm sorry.

And to answer Guffaw's point, as someone who is personally pro-BDS I don't think the thread fosters an atmosphere that's hostile to BDS. Nor do I think everyone who posts in here is pro-BDS.
delgriffith

Postby mystery meat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am

mystery meat

Postby surly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 am

guffaw is the dumbest boy alive
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby surly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 am

it's a close race with hoxha tho
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby def from above » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am

Guffaw wrote:
def from above wrote:just like when criticism of Israel's 'fucked up govt' smuggles in unintended(?) tropes or language that is itself antisemitic and encourages suspicion of the very existence of sovereign jewish society in that part of the world.

Excuse me? Being against the existence of Israel is not antisemitic. That’s blatant conflation of anti-Zionism and anti-semitism. By definition, a ‘sovereign Jewish society in that part of the world’ is a racist endeavour which requires the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, so of course any leftist should be ‘suspicious’ of it. Many Jews do not support such a thing.

Title change is pathetic and sad. Hipinion, like most of the English-speaking ‘left’ continues to be clueless about Israel and marginalise all critics of it. I supported a change of title, but to something more critical of Israel, not a cop out. Like ‘BREAKING: ISRAEL STILL FUNDAMENTALLY A FASCIST THEOCRATIC COLONIAL ETHNOSTATE FOUNDED BY TERRORISM AND GENOCIDE’

See this is the kind of leftist ignorance I really can't stand. Many are (apparently) unable to understand a situation like this beyond the terms of evil foreign colonists and 'indigenous population.' Who exactly is this "indigenous population" of which you speak?

And where do you get the idea that Hipinion "continues to ... marginalise all critics" of Israel?

BREAKING NEWS: HIPINION STILL DICKS FIGHT THE POWER I AM A TRUE ACTIVIST
What had happen was...
def from above

Postby scramble » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 am

hmm i see israel is in front of palesrine in the new thread title
scramble

Postby scramble » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 am

#guffaw’d
scramble

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

kenny i will say it's weird to argue that new boarders wouldn't get the context of this thread via the title but also that we should change the title because it was made by totally (a boarder that new boarders would not know)
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 am

big zorb wrote:kenny i will say it's weird to argue that new boarders wouldn't get the context of this thread via the title but also that we should change the title because it was made by totally (a boarder that new boarders would not know)

I think that it looks bad on it's own AND it's also pretty bad that it was made by totally. how weird is that 1/10

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am

but only the former would be true to a new boarder, which is how you couched your concern. someone who registers for the first time in 2018 as a non-lurker wouldn't be like, "damn, that title :s ...OH SHIT AND BOARDER TOTALLY MADE IT?"
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Kenny wrote:I think that it looks bad on it's own AND it's also pretty bad that it was made by totally. how weird is that 1/10

I don't see where I said that it looks bad on it's own and that it's because they'll know Totally made the thread
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby def from above » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

big zorb wrote:anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya

actually i kinda like this for a title...
What had happen was...
def from above

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

whoa sorry i don't know what happened that made me quote my own post
Last edited by big zorb on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

def from above wrote:
big zorb wrote:anyway, at the very least contemporary israeli policy is racist and genocidal, their government is deeply committed to the oppression of palestine, hamas does some fucked up shit, netanyahu sucks, the left has some pretty racist critiques of israel, jail the settlers, okay cya

actually i kinda like this for a title...

if only nathan would give us subtitles...
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm

I don't see where I said that it looks bad on it's own and that it's because they'll know Totally made the thread

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

ah i see i misread you presenting them as linked points and not individual ones, my bad dude
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

It's all good

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Marcus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

classic guffaw posts in here
Marcus

Postby miko mido » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm

guffaw seemingly posts like 10 times right next to each other in the same thread to shit his pants after cumming from posturing himself as The One True Leftist and then runs off for another few months cant knock the hustle i guess
A lot people say he's gay. Who cares?

miko mido

Postby miko mido » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:20 pm

apparently he did this same thing two months ago to get angry at people for posting a star war youtube in star wars thread thats dedication

A lot people say he's gay. Who cares?

miko mido

Postby deadbass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 pm

The combination of Guffaw's av and posting style frightens me
deadbass

Postby deadbass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

now I'm extra scared :oops:
deadbass

Postby clouds » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm

this should just be the idf twitter discussion thread

clouds

Postby clouds » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:39 pm

ah dang they literally just posted then deleted a tweet calling out @vanityfair magazine

e. nope it's reposted

clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....