Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 pm

im currently connected and can verify that at least the changes to prime definitely worked
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Pashmina wrote:server maintenance is done. the wipe is running right now, so if you can connect, you can play, but it might be a bit laggy as it spawns in new dinos.

server changes:

server updated to most current version
redid breeding multipliers to be in line with what we've used in the past
prime & mutton stack again (apparently this is a bug, not intended in vanilla)
alpha whales are now alpha squids
regular whales are trilos
shitbirds are trilos
pegos are dodos
overall dino multiplier up from 1.0 to 1.2
slightly decreased player food drain
all wild dinos wiped and respawned

possibly one or two other small things that i cant think of right now, but possibly not

let me know if you run into any issues or if you see any of the dinos that should have been replaced.

also we currently have flyers on caves OFF - that's the default but i think we've turned it on in the past. we can discuss that one

for new page
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:27 pm

oh man i forgot about squids
farmer

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 pm

server should be fine to play, it's actually not laggy, they seem to have fixed the dino wipe issues. it's just kinda slow loading new dinos in, so we won't be fully populated for 15 or so minutes. we're at like 8k - there were 45k before i upped the multiplier, wiped.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:36 pm

yeah my only minor concern is where the whales spawn, if the alpha squids are spawning in like shallow, low level areas and causing problems ill make them basilos or something

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby werd » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:39 pm

banquo wrote:well a trex walked over my 1high stone wall and focused on all my production/structures at once (instead of on my animals?). Or did it just auto-explode my structures by being near it? it seemed to be just a big explosion about 3 tiles wide/8tiles deep that i didn't know could happen.

werd, do you still need ghille? i should be able to craft a suit of mostly primitive with 1 apprentice mask

two high is all you need to keep rex out. rex trap is only two high

I have a full ghillie suit now with only basic engram boots. I uh, figured out where all the organic poly was hanging out
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:40 pm

leave the penguins alone

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby lordofdiapers » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:40 pm

This man is slaughtering penguins
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby marble » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:08 pm

downloaded this last night so might jump in after work. what do i need to know?

marble

Postby john plainman 666 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 pm

marble wrote:downloaded this last night so might jump in after work. what do i need to know?

lol

(there's a lot to learn, best to get in the discord and ask specific questions as youre figuring things out)
cool party wrote:the one and only point of "liking" this, the residents, or wolf eyes, is to demonstrate how urbane you are

john plainman 666

Postby marble » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:10 pm

lol sweet thanks

turns out i have a thing now so...maybe in two days? keen to get back involved w/ the hipinion crew though. it's been awhile!

marble

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:17 pm

yeah just get in touch with someone, a lot of us are in and out of discord depending on mood (everyoens playing like 8 hours in a row lol) but it's def a game that's easier to talk through than explain.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby farmer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:13 pm

just had my first crash of the new mk and now i cant get back in because it says im already connected. oh and im pretty sure i have now drowned
farmer

Postby werd » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:35 pm

farmer wrote:just had my first crash of the new mk and now i cant get back in because it says im already connected. oh and im pretty sure i have now drowned

I had that reconnecting issue and a pc restart fixed it

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby important dentist » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:47 pm

so i'm gonna be going on vacation for almost two weeks soon, what do i need to do to make sure all my shit doesn't deteriorate while i'm away
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."

important dentist

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 pm

I think you're fine, we turned off structure decay
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby farmer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:30 pm

your tames may starve though
farmer

Postby banquo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:13 pm

farmer wrote:your tames may starve though

a filled feeding trough should be fine with the current food decay settings. though anyone would help you get back whatever you happen to lose

banquo

Postby banquo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:17 pm

I have absolutely no plans for these crystal wyverns but I can't stop breeding them

need to find something for these reject males. might have a haphazard hunting party and not mind if they fall

banquo

Postby farmer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:24 pm

you have so fucking many wyverns lol, i came across them outta the blue.
farmer

Postby important dentist » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:39 pm

i'm not really worried, i don't have any super good tames yet other than the 200+ ptera i've been using for general utility purposes and my field of dung beetles which i don't think can starve anyway?

i also in four years of playing this game have never bred dinos, have no idea how to do it

otherwise have a pretty good setup going, although apparently very far away from everyone else
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."

important dentist

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:00 pm

If you have a comical number of excess dinos it's usually pretty good idea to cull the herd a bit as rendering logjams can have an effect on the server as a whole.

I don't think multidinos effects the server as much as mega giant structures. The worst we've seen is bronto harvesting in the swamp. The AOE kills so much and the swamps are densely packed so it slows the whole thing down to a crawl during every tail swipe.

Then again there's been lots of optimization and we've had very few problems at all this run.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby banquo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:03 pm

important dentist wrote:i also in four years of playing this game have never bred dinos, have no idea how to do it

just put the best boy by the girls and then put the egg next to the 14 air conditioners and move them away from the air conditioners before they glitch into the foundation. I hear that non-wyvern eggs do not need 14 ac's

then you have like 20 wyverns and 10+ are un-mate-able so they get signed up for the wyvern wars

banquo

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:22 pm

I wanna watch the Wyvern Wars

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby marble » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:49 pm

i logged onto this last night, died i think 8 or so times in a row and then immediately logged out lmao

i saw a big tower thing that i was running towards but kept dying to lvl 130 dinos. tough game!

marble

Postby werd » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:23 pm

We should set up a stadium have banquo put all the reject wyvern inside set them all to aggressive and unclaim them at the same time and see what happens

getting out after unclaiming might be tricky

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:27 pm

I was planning on building an arena and my area has a lot of room for it

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:27 pm

I was planning on building an arena and my area has a lot of room for it

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby werd » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:41 pm

marble wrote:i logged onto this last night, died i think 8 or so times in a row and then immediately logged out lmao

i saw a big tower thing that i was running towards but kept dying to lvl 130 dinos. tough game!

the game is pretty unforgiving and you were probably running towards an obelisk which honestly doesn’t have anything worth heading towards early game

I would recommend spawning in somewhere in the south west and focus on making yourself a starter home of thatch or wood with a bed so you can respawn there when you die and begin building towards making a real base

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby marble » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:54 pm

thanks werd. i need to play with a guide or something next time

wish i had more time too much shit going on at the moment and i haven't even bought tlou2 yet

marble

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....