Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby banquo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:32 pm

i'd try to separate them out by set. then find a decent guides about "cards in a set worth anything" (edit* using tricks' link) https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic?newSearch=true -- then change set name, printing: normal or foil, price: greater than $x, search -- there will probably only be a few per set worth over $5-$10

alternatively, take pics of a bunch of your cards & post them here or a mtg forum. people like looking at old cards, and someone might recognize one/some to sell individually.
Last edited by banquo on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banquo

Postby tricksforchips » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:53 pm

I would have so much fun sorting through all that.

Use TCGplayer.com for values or, if you're lazy, just bring it all to your LGS.

tricksforchips

Postby Dear You » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Itsmecraig wrote:I like THB it’s a fun format and the arena bots are finally good.

I think devotion is a swell and fun mechanic
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb

Dear You

Postby deadbass » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone. Part of me is sad to get rid of them, and I honestly might just keep them. It was a pretty integral part of my childhood. I'll take some pics of stuff and post them next time I'm at my parents for fun.

Also I downloaded MTGA last night and had a blast. I'm sad I missed out on the Dominaria expansion because Weatherlight-Exodus was my bread and butter and I loved the lore. (I have the complete Stronghold set in a binder somewhere).

deadbass

Postby tricksforchips » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 pm

THB is fun but the last few metas have been absolute snooze fests to play against. This set is no different.

tricksforchips

Postby broodstar » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:20 pm

are you talking about limited or constructed

limited was super fun and interesting at first with a lot of grindy games, but now i'm getting the feeling it's more solved and one-dimensional. not even talking about dream trawler or kiora, but like you see your opponent drop black uncommon pharika's spawn and then you look at your hand and see no exile cards within the next 3 turns and you feel like quitting kinda stuff

broodstar

Postby tricksforchips » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm talking about constructed. Limited is very slow with this set... like you can easily mill yourself if you don't have over 40 cards.

tricksforchips

Postby deadbass » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:32 pm

I went through some of my cards at my parents’... it’s pretty unmanageable. Almost every card I looked up was worth sub $1. At the same time I have like 4 cards I found that were worth like $500 combined. Seems like the best thing I can do is organize everything into sets, then look at the price lists? Otherwise it’s just insanity. I think I have ~3000 cards

deadbass

Postby tricksforchips » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 pm

That sounds about right. It's gonna be tedious. Have fun! I would!

tricksforchips

Postby lostintheair » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:10 am

deadbass wrote:I went through some of my cards at my parents’... it’s pretty unmanageable. Almost every card I looked up was worth sub $1. At the same time I have like 4 cards I found that were worth like $500 combined. Seems like the best thing I can do is organize everything into sets, then look at the price lists? Otherwise it’s just insanity. I think I have ~3000 cards

I'll give you $100 sight unseen
Anonymous said... lostinthemall is my nicca luv the virgin pron freak numetal never been kissed angsty teen angle this dude stays on point and has been killin it since day one

lostintheair

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 12:41 pm

this event on arena with this 160 card deck and you play with omniscience is pretty dumb and fun
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb

Dear You

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 12:41 pm

also new set, same shit. i'm already kinda over mutate/cycling. makes me feel blessed to mostly play edh irl.

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Sun May 17, 2020 12:55 pm

zenith flare in limited is great interactive gameplay imo, just click every card that says cycle then kill from 20

broodstar

Postby gambra » Sun May 17, 2020 1:05 pm

I reinstalled Arena during the week like a moron. Is MTGO dead for constructed these days?
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby broodstar » Sun May 17, 2020 1:15 pm

mtgo is certainly alive from what i've seen, but arena has the better interface and bigger playerbase and arguably better constructed competition

broodstar

Postby tricksforchips » Sun May 17, 2020 1:15 pm

I haven't played much throughout quarantine, new set didn't vibe with me. I miss in-person drafts...

tricksforchips

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 2:04 pm

zenith flare is really hilarious. i got one of my friends to join arena because we would only play edh when i was living in nola. he made a mill deck and i wanted to try it out against the cycle deck i made. he got me down to 5 cards in my library and then i zenithed for 25 lol

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Sun May 17, 2020 2:09 pm

the real question is is zenith flare dumber than playing against a companion and just starting the game down 1 (to 1.5) cards every game

i think the consensus is if either the cycling deck or companions are not present then it's a more dynamic format

broodstar

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 2:12 pm

also with moving back to chicago i got my friends who are exclusively standard/modern players to start getting into edh which has been fun. conversely, i'm trying to build up a library to make standard/etc decks which sure sucks when the cards you own are a c18 precon, a c20 precon, singles you bought for those decks, and a box of thb, mostly.

that being said, my shitty jank modded c18 blink deck has been rolling so far 8-)

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Sun May 17, 2020 2:18 pm

also 1 curious thing:

this tweet suggests lutri is one of the best companions, but apparently marshall had a video with data from wizards that had him as 3rd worst (behind yorion and keruga). i'm not deep enough to try and interpret that

anyway, starting a game with a 20% edge over your opponent sounds great to me

broodstar

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 3:00 pm

damn, i dunno if i've even seen one person play lutri as comp on arena. it's only ever lurrus, more lurrus, a little obosh/gyruda, little yorion.

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 pm

lurrus is absolutely insane. feel like even if the not-smartest-drafter-in-the-world opens p1p1 lurrus and just clicks every 2 cmc spell, you're still at a heavy disadvantage

also saw a streamer pull like 6 jeganthas in a row

broodstar

Postby Dear You » Sun May 17, 2020 4:53 pm

in the few paper packs i've opened, i already pulled an umori and 2 fiend artisans. might try and fuck around and make a golgari creature-only deck. :twisted:

Dear You

Postby Dear You » Mon May 18, 2020 10:07 am

lurrus banned in vintage/legacy
zirda banned in legacy

winota and drannith magistrate banned in brawl

kind of a bummer, i used more wild cards than i should have to make a decent winota brawl deck on arena but c'est la vie. for the reasons you'd ban magistrate in brawl i dunno why you maybe wouldn't for commander since his big thing of blocking people from playing commanders is the same in each format

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Mon May 18, 2020 10:15 am

im kinda tempted to play magic more than my casual rate of perhaps once a month, but perhaps not. also i feel less motivated since i barealy have anything from the 2020 collection and dwindling resources.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Tue May 19, 2020 2:13 pm

broodstar

Postby tricksforchips » Tue May 19, 2020 3:56 pm

I ordered a pre release kit. Anyone do the same? Would you want to play some sealed over zoom with the prerelease kit?

tricksforchips

Postby Dear You » Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 pm

I was playing a 5 person EDH game last night and my friend/opponent maybe made the lowest IQ play I've seen in awhile. I start really getting my engine going with Xyris, so my friend playing the cycling deck decides to Windfall the table. I had seven cards in hand. With Xyris. And Doubling Season. Fifty. Six. Snakes.

Dear You

Postby Dear You » Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm

tricksforchips wrote:I ordered a pre release kit. Anyone do the same? Would you want to play some sealed over zoom with the prerelease kit?

so from what i can tell it's basically just six packs + extra card/dice?

i want to try my hand at drafting at some point. i'm assuming it will go poorly, seems like something i would be bad at.

Dear You

Postby broodstar » Tue May 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Dear You wrote:I was playing a 5 person EDH game last night and my friend/opponent maybe made the lowest IQ play I've seen in awhile. I start really getting my engine going with Xyris, so my friend playing the cycling deck decides to Windfall the table. I had seven cards in hand. With Xyris. And Doubling Season. Fifty. Six. Snakes.

this type of shit probably owns a lot more irl

online its just another day at the office or they spam 'oops' and concede

broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....