Another Fucking Werewolf Game? Turtles victorious.

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby gambra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:29 am

God dammit guys. Why did none of you listen to me. Greasefire was my main suspect due to how hard he was playing the game but then I named both lod and bluemoon as my two other suspects. You all done goofed hard when you voted to off me instead of lod. Forgetting the filibuster mechanic was p dumb too.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby sleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:32 am

FWIW two of us didn't vote for you and tried to get others to switch :(
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby gambra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 am

I still don't understand why duke put in a vote for me to make me defend myself, he could have just thrown down some accusatory posts but the vote just started a dogpile which people like jugdish jumped on as the info wasn't there for them.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby mcphee » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:26 am

good game, turtles.

to tweak the filibuster rule, I think A) the person doing the filibuster should not be able to vote. And B) there should be a window before it is effective. Like, 1 hour after someone filibusters everyone has the opportunity to out-filibuster them. Word count keeps increasing by 250.

I barely paid attention this time around but even with only a cursory reading of the rules when it started I understood what Luke meant by no c&p, so I don't think surly's complaint has much weight. Plus, you know, you can always ask for clarification. Maybe it should be clarified in future games that employ the mechanic. Also, it seemed like everyone was aware of exactly how this was going to go down before it did (Luke even spelled it out), so rocks had the same opportunity to prep something and F5.

Dunno, seemed like a fun game. Good going LOD and BM.
THIS IS TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE.

mcphee

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 am

I haven't checked in in a while. were there any good meltdowns, and what pages are those on?

iambic

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

Uni be glad you got out before the game got truly idiotic.
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby JUGLIFE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

iambic wrote:I haven't checked in in a while. were there any good meltdowns, and what pages are those on?

Look for any greasefire post
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 am

universe wrote:Did anyone ultimately successfully argue their way out of a banishment? I don't see how that's even possible in a game set up like this.

I never even got a chance to argue my way out of banishment, which is my favorite thing to do

iambic

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby iambic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:27 am

LOD, you couldn't let old iambic live through a single night? cmon, guy

iambic

Postby delgriffith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:35 am

lordofdiapers wrote:Del can you photoshop the tag title belts into bluemoon and my avs?

delgriffith

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 am

iambic you can read me like a book and you know it

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:39 am

mcphee wrote:good game, turtles.

to tweak the filibuster rule, I think A) the person doing the filibuster should not be able to vote. And B) there should be a window before it is effective. Like, 1 hour after someone filibusters everyone has the opportunity to out-filibuster them. Word count keeps increasing by 250.

I barely paid attention this time around but even with only a cursory reading of the rules when it started I understood what Luke meant by no c&p, so I don't think surly's complaint has much weight. Plus, you know, you can always ask for clarification. Maybe it should be clarified in future games that employ the mechanic. Also, it seemed like everyone was aware of exactly how this was going to go down before it did (Luke even spelled it out), so rocks had the same opportunity to prep something and F5.

Dunno, seemed like a fun game. Good going LOD and BM.

yeah, I don't think the copy and paste thing matters, all they had to do was copy and paste their votes

the window of time thing actually does "matter" and they did ask about this.

good pups

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 am

Del the fact that you didnt even have to ask which tag belt I wanted makes me love you all the more

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:41 am

and by window of time I just mean that it's crazy for the side that knows who everyone is to also pretty much know when the night kill is going up so they don't have to stick around for hours

good pups

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 am

I think the main thing about the filibuster I'd add is that they'd have to remain in character.

I was debating cutting out the sections of lod's where he was talking about Rocket League and disqualifying it based off of not enough word count, but bluemoon had one in the holster immediately afterward, so it was a moot point.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 am

thats the only problem I see with it sort of, but it's the biggest one I can imagine, and Luke also kinda kept things unclear about it even though a number of questions were asked directly about if the turtles would know when the night vote was being posted.

good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 am

Luke wrote:The best thing rocks have going for them is my getting around to posting the night results whenever I get around to it.

If the turtles had a definite timeframe, they'd have a good chance of that plan firing.

Whereas if I put it up whenever, it's a numbers game off whoever notices it first, and there are still three rocks for every turtle.

greasefire wrote:I wanted it bad enough to go all out against one filibuster but absolutely not enough to organize for two when there is not a strict schedule that we can adhere to and prepare for

Luke wrote:It's either noticing things at a random time, or hoping to click faster than someone else at a predetermined time.

good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 am

that was all before the the filibuster happened. and as we saw, it was essentially a predetermined time twice in a row (and the turtles had a secret deadline for getting their votes in as well)

good pups

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 am

The deadline was in the thread title

Very secret

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 am

oh, it was 5:30pm the next day? then yeah, whatever. so the rocks had to be on their toes ready to refresh for what, 24 hours? and luke didn't post it at some whenever he got around to it time at all.

good pups

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 am

Luke wrote:6-2
tonight's kill
5-2
immediate filibuster by turt #1
4-2
night kill
3-2
immediate filibuster by turt #2
2-2
turtles win

There's still plenty of room for panicking if you're a rock, don't get me wrong.

If I hadn't posted that, the issue of timing wouldn't have even come up for the remaining rocks until it was already 3-2.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 am

i had a great time and being masoned was one of the funniest things that has happened to me. I don't think rocks would have won in any circumstance due to great play from the turtles.

I still think it's craaaaaaaazy that the turtles AND Luke won't just say "yes, the fact that turtles controlled when the kill went in made using the filibuster easy for them and impossible to defend"

good pups

Postby good pups » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 am

Luke wrote:
Luke wrote:6-2
tonight's kill
5-2
immediate filibuster by turt #1
4-2
night kill
3-2
immediate filibuster by turt #2
2-2
turtles win

There's still plenty of room for panicking if you're a rock, don't get me wrong.

If I hadn't posted that, the issue of timing wouldn't have even come up for the remaining rocks until it was already 3-2.

this isn't the issue though at all, the timing was already being talked about. I again think it's craaaaaaaazy that you won't say it was nearly impossible to defend against if one side has to wait many hours and the side that controls the kill only waits ten minutes!!!

Am I going nuts here?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

good pups

Postby delgriffith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 am

lordofdiapers wrote:Del the fact that you didnt even have to ask which tag belt I wanted makes me love you all the more

:D

delgriffith

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 am

On the other end of the timing thing, with the turtles' night kills, they are able to manipulate when the phases start and end. keeping the deadlines at the end of the working day makes it at least a little bit harder (not much, because we could have obviously written up filibusters in the evening, but it was pretty clear most deliberations were happening during the day) for us to actually use the mechanism. more things to think about for mods who consider using this going forward
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:09 am

Surly came close to defending it. If anyone had been there to help we would have been screwed.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:10 am

i was screaming in slack trying to find jugdish

surly
the insult bastard

Postby surly » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

and as sleigh eluded, i used my office's official twitter account to try to get him online

surly
the insult bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games