Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Gnarls » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I work at a preschool and, before I left, had a conversation with Dahlia about how excited she was to enter kindergarten next year. On the drive home I turned on the radio, heard about this, and fought the urge to drive straight into the sun.
Gnarls

Postby Dear You » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Pris wrote:Guy talking about screams over the intercom!? Fuck this

okay fuck this i'm gonna start drinking
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby addison » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

so gobal warming is fake
and gun violence is caused by anything but guns

i'm flabbergasted, honestly. am i too fucking stupid to understand how our country is actually like this?
someone please explain it to me. give me a book to read. i really want to understand reality.
addison

Postby Automatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Automatic wrote:i told the news to a guy in the office and he said, "so what? 22 kids were stabbed today in china. knives kill more people than guns." pretty :| moment, especially in Canada.

think I'm just gonna take off early and drink until i black out.

update: the .223 is allegedly a "girl's gun" and a .556 is much better.
Automatic

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/201 ... onsibility

At what point do we start holding the National Rifle Association morally responsible for all these shootings? At what point do we get over our idiotic national love of guns and start acting like grownups in this country?

Talk about your gun rights all you want. People also have a right not be shot in movie theaters and schools. That’s a right far more important than your ability to own an AK-47.

….It seems that up to 27 people are dead. Wayne LaPierre should be in prison. You are goddamn right I am politicizing this tragedy. The NRA is a criminal organization and should be treated as such. Even if it is 1 person dead.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby -1 baby... :( » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

I can't feel anything.
Check please!!
-1 baby... :(

Postby Poptone » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

universe wrote:This isn't any different from what Roy posts on a normal day

I don't remember her embracing full-on Birch Society-ism, though.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Automatic wrote:
Automatic wrote:i told the news to a guy in the office and he said, "so what? 22 kids were stabbed today in china. knives kill more people than guns." pretty :| moment, especially in Canada.

think I'm just gonna take off early and drink until i black out.

update: the .223 is allegedly a "girl's gun" and a .556 is much better.

yeah I don't know if I'd be able to refrain from spitting in this guy's face
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby KALM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

when i was looking for poll numbers in the other thread about support for gun control, i came across all these articles about this study from mayor bloomberg that showed overwhelming support for common sense measures among gun owners and nra members, and i think it was supposed to be encouraging for gun control advocates but i just kept getting depressed as i went down each item on the list -- like about like the 20% of gun owners that were against ownership restrictions for suspected terrorists -- because ultimately that's still what's standing in the way of even the mildest reforms
Last edited by KALM on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KALM

Postby Frippinion » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Pris wrote:Guy talking about screams over the intercom!? Fuck this

A witness reported that this is how most people first knew something was going on. Jesus fucking Christ! All of those children lost something they'll never get back.
Frippinion

Postby the scofflaw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

that chinese stabbing story is so bizarre
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

Postby surly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

roy, you know you're fuckin up when even addison is being normal and serious in this thread
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby wendy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Question for board parents: is this something you talk about with your kids? I mean chances are if they're old enough they'll either catch snippets of the news or see a headline or at the very least understand from grown-ups' behavior that Something Bad Has Happened. Like do you try to explain it to them or do you try to protect them from knowing humans are fucking monsters.
wendy

Postby KALM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm

here's some of it

87 percent of NRA members agree that support for Second Amendment rights goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
74 percent support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.
79 percent support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees.
75 percent believe concealed carry permits should only be granted to applicants who have not committed any violent misdemeanors, including assault.
74 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who have completed gun safety training.
71 percent believe people on terror watch lists should be prevented from purchasing guns (actually, this is kind of surprising in how low it ranks).

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-and-gun-control-poll-gun-owners-colorado-theater-shooting-batman-2012-7#ixzz2F3Q4kEQ2
KALM

Postby addison » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

lloque yupanqui wrote:
shammgod wrote:
Bananafish wrote:really just wish the sun would go supernova and wipe everyone out. no reason for humans to even be alive at this point.

dont be silly. the fact that people are reacting as they are is a fine reason for humans to be around.

we're less likely to be killed by human violence that at any other time in history, so the outliers look more stark

not that thats any consolation of youre a victim, but this shouldnt be an indictment that we're circling the bowl the way some people like to use things like this

also, no offense to you badhat, but this argument--i'm tried of this argument. we have 8 billion people in the world, so naturally statistically it's harder to get killed. we also have the most dangerous weapons in history. and if you look at what we're capable of, technologically, financially, ,and what we're doing (as far as violence, poverty, global warming, etc) i'd say it's a much bigger shame than we realize.
addison

Postby Amblin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

the chinese knife thing has spread so quickly
Amblin

Postby chapin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

what the fuck. the parking lot attendant on my college campus told me that they arrested a kid because he was suspected to be bringing weapons with the intent to shoot up the school. apparently it happened an hour before i got there. and now this
chapin

Postby Poptone » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:59 pm

bread wrote: Like do you try to explain it to them or do you try to protect them from knowing humans are fucking monsters.

I don't have a kid and don't intend on having one, but if I did, the fact that humans are fucking monsters would already have been drilled into their head.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby rask » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Just gave little Nina the biggest hug before putting her down for her nap.

This makes my heart hurt.
rask

Postby an otter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

KALM wrote:here's some of it

87 percent of NRA members agree that support for Second Amendment rights goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
74 percent support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.
79 percent support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees.
75 percent believe concealed carry permits should only be granted to applicants who have not committed any violent misdemeanors, including assault.
74 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who have completed gun safety training.
71 percent believe people on terror watch lists should be prevented from purchasing guns (actually, this is kind of surprising in how low it ranks).

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-and-gun-control-poll-gun-owners-colorado-theater-shooting-batman-2012-7#ixzz2F3Q4kEQ2

While the missing 25% in all those figures is sad, it's more to the point that most of these rampages aren't carried out by career criminals with distinguishable backgrounds. They're crimes of passion committed by regular civilians that become unscrewed post-purchase. You can't screen for that.
an otter

Postby Bananafish » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

grieving parents of the dead children in ct could also be the type that don't give a fuck that drone strikes are killing children in the middle east. this is why i can't deal with media narratives or the world anymore.
Bananafish

Postby Pashmina » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

human beings can potentially be monsters.

we have billions of people that are fine.

w/ LB here.
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

The Onion headline "Nation's Sane People to Nation's Insane People: 'Please Stop Shooting Us'" keeps popping into my head.
Robo-Chachi

Postby Poptone » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm

pierrot wrote:
Poptone wrote:
bread wrote: Like do you try to explain it to them or do you try to protect them from knowing humans are fucking monsters.

I don't have a kid and don't intend on having one, but if I did, the fact that humans are fucking monsters would already have been drilled into their head.

Sure, plant the seed for isolated paranoia right out of the womb.

You're right, there's no in-between there. I would think attempting to not have your children approach the world completely Pollyanna would be a good thing.
Last edited by Poptone on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Bananafish wrote:grieving parents of the dead children in ct could also be the type that don't give a fuck that drone strikes are killing children in the middle east. this is why i can't deal with media narratives or the world anymore.

What
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby ted dibiase » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm

wolfie wrote:and some of you guys know this, and a lot of you know this in theory, but as i parent there is one thing that i'm acutely aware of: my kid is completely innocent and un-fucked-up by the world in a way that's hard to comprehend as someone who's been an adult for a while. you want to bottle up their consciousness and distribute it to everyone to remind them what the fuck it's all about.

and these motherfuckers are a) putting bullets in these little childrens' bodies, and if they miss b) destroying the souls of the remaining children in an accelerated fashion that rips away the beauty from their lives irreconcilably. it is absolutely the worst shit in the world any way you cut it. and these fucks get out easy - shot dead themselves, or what, death penalty at best. who fucking cares? everybody loses. there can be no justice.

A-fucking-men
ted dibiase

Postby This Guy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Time to take all the guns. And for those fuckers that won't give them up then I will go get the guns from them. Its time we as a nation to evolve.
This Guy

Postby Bananafish » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:
Bananafish wrote:grieving parents of the dead children in ct could also be the type that don't give a fuck that drone strikes are killing children in the middle east. this is why i can't deal with media narratives or the world anymore.

What

i think i'm finally melting down

Bananafish

Postby Bad Craziness » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:08 pm

wolfie wrote:and some of you guys know this, and a lot of you know this in theory, but as i parent there is one thing that i'm acutely aware of: my kid is completely innocent and un-fucked-up by the world in a way that's hard to comprehend as someone who's been an adult for a while. you want to bottle up their consciousness and distribute it to everyone to remind them what the fuck it's all about.

and these motherfuckers are a) putting bullets in these little childrens' bodies, and if they miss b) destroying the souls of the remaining children in an accelerated fashion that rips away the beauty from their lives irreconcilably. it is absolutely the worst shit in the world any way you cut it. and these fucks get out easy - shot dead themselves, or what, death penalty at best. who fucking cares? everybody loses. there can be no justice.

I've been thinking a lot lately about this. I'll be getting married next year and I want to have kids and I already know that it changes everything about yourself and the world.

I really appreciate the way you expressed this because the more I think about it the more I realize it's going to be one of the most important things about being alive/growing up
Bad Craziness

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 pm

CBS talking about kids in piles. I think I'm good on live coverage now.
Robo-Chachi

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....