Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Big Oil wrote:hell yeah let's do this

"California"'s water supply would be an interesting issue to deal with considering it gets almost all of its water from the other two "states."
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Everything goes wrong now so I'm assuming that's going to go through. I assume a shitload of shitty OC people, a surprising amount of San Diegans and eveyrbody else in the green part to want to leave.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Kenny wrote:Everything goes wrong now so I'm assuming that's going to go through. I assume a shitload of shitty OC people, a surprising amount of San Diegans and eveyrbody else in the green part to want to leave.

IIRC all redrawing of state borders has to be done through Congress in the end, and there has to be close to zero chance they'd follow up and approve this?
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:30 pm

it's a silly idea, and it's not going anywhere
palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

when was the last time we redrew a state?
tgk

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

fwiw even Southern California was solidly Clinton in '16 and I think it was narrowly Obama in '12. it could elect Republican governors tho, and maybe Senators in midterms.
palmer eldritch

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm

tgk wrote:when was the last time we redrew a state?

Apparently in 2017 North and South Carolina swapped 19 houses "following years of surveys and negotiation"
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby coop » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:43 pm

how the states got their shapes was a pretty cool show
coop

Postby what the schmuck » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:
delgriffith wrote:
Fuck this too.

what the schmuck

Postby saranclaps » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Someone pointed out to me that Trump's attacks on the news media are the accumulation of 35 years of grievances of how he was treated in print or TV or whatever, like those tweets stem from him being mad at people poking fun at his hair in the 90s.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm

saranclaps wrote:Someone pointed out to me that Trump's attacks on the news media are the accumulation of 35 years of grievances of how he was treated in print or TV or whatever, like those tweets stem from him being mad at people poking fun at his hair in the 90s.

i'm sure that plays a part, but also like it's pretty much his last resort given the blatant level of corruption, crime, wrongdoing, lies, etc. there is no real coherent excuse for any of it, so you kind of have to go with the simple and all-encompassing "fake news! not true! lying media!" which all of his supporters get and agree with by now.
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby dragon jeans » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 pm

what up bootlickers is 100% my new email salutation
dragon jeans

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 pm

where DJT is right and the people who try to reign him in on his staff were wrong, is that the constant twitter tirades, repeating lies and attacks, works pretty well, at least with your base of support. consolidating a base of support within your party is important if you don't want to be challenged, investigated, impeached. the Mueller investigation is getting less and less popular, and Trump is cruising with Reagan levels of approval from Republican-identifying voters.
palmer eldritch

Postby viachicago » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm

dragon jeans wrote:what up bootlickers is 100% my new email salutation

and "MARX" is my new signoff
viachicago

Postby delgriffith » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:where DJT is right and the people who try to reign him in on his staff were wrong, is that the constant twitter tirades, repeating lies and attacks, works pretty well, at least with your base of support. consolidating a base of support within your party is important if you don't want to be challenged, investigated, impeached. the Mueller investigation is getting less and less popular, and Trump is cruising with Reagan levels of approval from Republican-identifying voters.

Yeah he's winning. And the laughs we all had after the Lester Holt interview seem like 5 years ago.
delgriffith

Postby The Emperor's Son » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:where DJT is right and the people who try to reign him in on his staff were wrong, is that the constant twitter tirades, repeating lies and attacks, works pretty well, at least with your base of support. consolidating a base of support within your party is important if you don't want to be challenged, investigated, impeached. the Mueller investigation is getting less and less popular, and Trump is cruising with Reagan levels of approval from Republican-identifying voters.

nail it to the church
The Emperor's Son

Postby badhat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 pm

i think i am on Team That Guy
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:27 pm

The scary thing about "fake news" is how effective it's been as an attack
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby easy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 pm

we could always try making the drumpf thing stick
easy
does it

Postby darger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm

or a bit more emolument talk.
darger
ok

Postby quaker city » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm

quaker city

Postby tgk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Eh they got all branches of govt locked up after the 16 election even the dumbest Republican on earth would be enjoying monumental support. Let's see how popular he is if we take the house and Senate back and can't get anything done
tgk

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:The scary thing about "fake news" is how effective it's been as an attack

a big pet peeve I have these days is when people adopt this as a joke phrase or try to turn it around on Republicans.
palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Man i am going to legitimately celebrate tonight if cohen gets arrested
tgk

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:The scary thing about "fake news" is how effective it's been as an attack

a big pet peeve I have these days is when people adopt this as a joke phrase or try to turn it around on Republicans.

weren't dems the ones who coined it in the first place?
Ferrous Bueller

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I trace it to infowars
palmer eldritch

Postby hbb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:

Yeah, Trump reversed it instantly by using it all the time, it’s so frustrating
hbb

Postby Hal Jordan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 pm

saranclaps wrote:Someone pointed out to me that Trump's attacks on the news media are the accumulation of 35 years of grievances of how he was treated in print or TV or whatever, like those tweets stem from him being mad at people poking fun at his hair in the 90s.

eh, maybe, but this reason from the man himself seems more likely:

Lesley Stahl: Trump admitted mission to "discredit" press
CBS "60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl has revealed a candid remark made to her by then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in 2016. Stahl told a group of fellow journalists at the Deadline Club Awards Dinner in New York City earlier this week that Mr. Trump had admitted his consistent attacks on the media were meant to "discredit" journalists so that negative stories about him would not be believed.
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby Franco » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:

yea the anger i feel towards joke "fake news" or joke red hats is pretty similar to the real thing
Franco

Postby hbb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm

If you think “instantly” and “all the time” make that a nonsequitur, I guess you’re not familiar with a little concept called the ETERNAL NOW
hbb

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....