you ever feel like you're not cut out for texting culture?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby easy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Sobieski wrote:The thing about texting is that you have to keep opting in to a conversation, which is fine if you’re not thinking about

But I always feel like I either want to stop paying attention or the other person does

yeah
easy
does it

Postby iambic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm

easy wrote:and then these fucking green texters who end up responding to a group text in a separate thread of their own :x

those people have made a valid and good lifestyle choice imo
iambic

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 am

Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Oh love, luck, and money they go to my head like wildfire
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby RIXX » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

i do basically 99% of my texting nowdays from either my home macbook or work imac

if i'm forced to send a text from my phone, i'm so hilariously slow, even with swype. but mostly i won't respond to any texts until i'm back in front of a keyboard with imessage somewhere
RIXX

Postby dvr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:51 pm

My texting with women trying to get dates is like that episode of always sunny with the bunchers dating. How each date Frank/Charlie/Mac get a little bit farther. At first it was "Hi my name's frack!" but now I'm up to maybe 10-15 text exchanges before getting cut off
dvr

Postby Canadian Todd (for Canadians) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Man, i feel so much anxiety about texting people back. Like, you have to make it substantive and make sure you say enough to validate their text and ensure that there’s no ambiguity that could be misconstrued and, like, i don’t feel a sense of urgency to texts unless it’s vital but others do which is a lot of pressure.

I like texts because i don’t have to call anyone. I don’t like text because it leaves you open at all times and like i might text you in a week if i had my way.

It’s hard to text back hard to communicate let me sit in this room forever
As a reader of historical naval fiction,
Canadian Todd (for Canadians)

Postby trouble » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm

my phone too small my thumbs too big
trouble
ride.

Postby Merciel » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:22 pm

I'm just insanely slow at phone typing. Give me a full keyboard or nothing.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby medicore bob dole gimmick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:50 pm

I think Sunday should be day of no texts
medicore bob dole gimmick

Postby camping » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 am

youre all a buncha dorks

texting owns
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby camping » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 am

literally never call me, can't remember the last time i picked up
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:12 pm

I wish texting was around when Seinfeld was being written, I bet they would have done a good bit on it. Is it ever part of a curb episode?
dvr

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel wrote:my friends know not to expect instant replies and don't take it personally, obvs same goes the other way around. it's the only way i find it tolerable. last time i dated somebody for a few months she would text me all the time at work etc and i couldn't handle it at all. it's not like i didn't want to communicate with her, but keeping up with it and getting sucked into expecting quick replies in return turned my phone into a kind of object of focused insecurity and dependency. i don't want to be that emotionally tied up with a way of communicating that's so easy to ruminate and obsess over because of the loss of all body language and tone of voice, it does my head in

still prefer it to instant messaging like msn/aim or facebook or whatever. one of my biggest fears is accidentally being online on facebook messenger and having somebody start talking to me. there's not a single person in the world, from my closest family to girlfriends or best friends, that i feel comfortable talking to like that. no idea why it makes me feel so trapped and anxious, like a perpetual state of the moment you get left to talk to somebody you barely know at a party and have nothing to say. completely irrational, but i'm just not cut out for that lack of stimuli or whatever. like i could talk shit with my brother right now over the phone for hours guaranteed, but if he started talking on messenger i'd start to panic on some level. bizarre (or maybe not at all idk, but other people seem to do it just fine)

this is a good post.

right now i'm erring on the side of not-responding, because then there's not a chance to say dumb things. where as in person things go great
dvr

Postby dvr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm

dvr

Postby dvr » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 am

I think I gotta learn it's okay to bail on a conversation sometimes when things are going well, instead of running it into the ground. Like George Costanza leaving the room after telling a good joke.
dvr

Postby dvr » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Sometimes my text conversations resemble this thread.........
dvr

Postby ... » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:41 am

what do people text about? there's really nothing to say.

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:44 am

I'm usually texting really problematic memes
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 am

dark meme text ring
loaf angel

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 am

you wouldn't believe the crazy shit we type into the SpongeBob text bubble
loaf angel

Postby mites » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:20 am

easy wrote:like don't get me wrong I love the fact that i've almost completely eliminated voicemails from my life, but I just don't know if I'll ever be able to text as much as this world asks me to

different forms of texting anxiety I experience:
- suddenly needing to find a place to stop away from the busy sidewalk I'm on to compose a series of texts that can't wait
- suddenly needing to text in the middle of having an in-person conversation with someone and apologizing profusely because I can't listen, respond, and draft texts at the same time
- getting texts from people that are cool & nice but not urgent and then forgetting to text them back
- going to text someone and being confronted with the fact that I forgot to text them back three days ago and now it would seem shitty to just paste that copied tweet and expect a response
- worrying that I'm saying "hahaha" to much and not carrying an equal amount of weight in this conversation
- everything I've written up until this point, except worrying that another other person is experiencing it in response to me

Holy shit how much do you want me to read
mites

Postby mites » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:21 am

Ahh fuck I may have read this before
mites

Postby elaine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am

I like writing messages, I get no answers, people can't figure out what I'm saying,I try to say things so they can't be figured out, I aim to write messages that make people feel things they don't know how to feel, I like to write messages cause I don't like messages
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

tarantula wrote:yeah, elaine gets it

dvr wrote:I gotta listen to that Chills
elaine

Postby tarantula » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:53 am

this psychic woman texted me that she received a message for me in a dream and i'm afraid to text her back
tarantula

Postby elaine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am

Yesterday I messaged someone I was gonna have to dream about her now and if she wants I'll share what I'll learn in those dreams
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

elaine

Postby elaine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

you should text her whatever comes up in your mind, maybe it'll be the same message

elaine

Postby tarantula » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:58 am

yeah, that's what i'm afraid of
tarantula

Postby elaine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 am

do you feel like you're not cut out for dreaming culture?

elaine

Postby tarantula » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 am

just uncomfortable with someone having access to my private thoughts but i guess we should get used to it given we're all one
tarantula

Postby ashtrayheart » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 am

i felt this way when i was single. i don’t know if i was built to date in any particular era, but the era of texting and social media flirting in particular befuddled me to no end! i was so bad at it
ashtrayheart

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....