chicago

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby bicycle made for two » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 am

Lightfoot can win, I think there's a very decent chance she sneaks into the runoff at #2. Enyia's campaign is a total shitshow and I wish she ran for Alderman in Austin instead of running citywide again.
bicycle made for two
ok
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQK5LBA4ls

Postby camping » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am

i am fuckin' shocked that i didn't slip and fall last night. i had errands in wicker and logan and it was a goddamn nightmare.
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
User avatar
camping
i wish i cared
 
Posts: 14514
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: pluto

Postby tgk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 am

lightfoot is making a late break for sure, the sun times endorsement was a big lift. i'd still take preckwinkle over her though

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby tgk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Puuuuuuuuke

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby creedence tapes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Somebody give me the dirt on Chico. My mom, who is not registered in the city, but who’s opinion on these matters I value highly, has been pulling hard for him for a long time now. I think Enyia is my real pick but I’m also trying to gather as much info as possible on everyone else for when this inevitably comes to a run off.
creedence tapes
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby Kuboaa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

well, a large plank of his last run for mayor was getting the Super Bowl to be played at Soldier Field on the first weekend of Feb, so that's basically how big of a dipshit he is that only has a career because he was part of Richard M Daley's circle
User avatar
Kuboaa
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am
Location: chicago

Postby tgk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Chico sucks. Two bit punchline of a politician who runs for everything and loses. In deep with burke and the other corrupt Chicago politicians. I have no confidence in enyia after we learned more about her previous experience. Toni is probably our best bet.
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby creedence tapes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Yea I mean, I already knew the Daley connection. We’re fucked. I can’t believe the best I’m realistically hoping for is Preckwinkle making it to the run-off, jfc.
Last edited by creedence tapes on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creedence tapes
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby tgk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Yeah we blew it, opportunity was so ripe for a real peoples movement ushering in a new mayor. Looking back I really wish chuy had run
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Kuboaa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Yeah, I dunno what is the reason this all went side-wise, is it how much the machine is still lingering around? It's basically an infectious disease that is fucking over whomever it touches at this point, feels like we won't truly get a real progressive set of politicians until the old machine hanger-ons (Burke, OConnor, Solis, even Madigan) are completely gone from the political scene

I believe it will eventually happen but these dusty old farts are refusing to let go, it's really discouraging
User avatar
Kuboaa
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am
Location: chicago

Postby tgk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby creedence tapes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Wtf on earth? People are still getting shot, dying on the street from untreated illnesses and soliciting for crack in front of my apt in uptown. Whitewashing the conditions for people in uptown because some of the ravrnswood/Andersonville shine wore off on Lawrence and broadway makes my stomach turn. Uptown has a lot of resources for the homeless pop. but the writings on the wall when I see shit like that. Anybody got a clue about the 46th ward race? I gotta get active
creedence tapes
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby tgk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Kuboaa wrote:Yeah, I dunno what is the reason this all went side-wise, is it how much the machine is still lingering around? It's basically an infectious disease that is fucking over whomever it touches at this point, feels like we won't truly get a real progressive set of politicians until the old machine hanger-ons (Burke, OConnor, Solis, even Madigan) are completely gone from the political scene

I believe it will eventually happen but these dusty old farts are refusing to let go, it's really discouraging


i think it was just a bunch of factors folding in on itself. first you get rahm's surprise announcement not to run for re-election. i kinda thought he was doing it because he was worried he'd get hammered during his campaign about the laquan macdonald coverup and could potentially lose in a humiliating way. it's clear now he got out because he saw the hammer coming down on burke and knew the fun times were over and he needed to get out before he got pinched.

that left a vacuum and no way was the machine gonna let a bunch of nobodies who were running hail mary campaigns against rahm, so preckwinkle and mendoza jump in, and either they didn't know the feds were taking down city hall or they foolishly thought they could shrug it off. so the machine is consuming itself and may have mortally wounded susana and toni, leaving has beens like chico and daley to fill the void.

so the machine is flailing, and the grassroots campaigns are all in disarray as well. i wouldn't be surprised if no one breaks 15% in round one. we are so fucked.
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby goldsoundz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 pm

creedence tapes wrote:Wtf on earth? People are still getting shot, dying on the street from untreated illnesses and soliciting for crack in front of my apt in uptown. Whitewashing the conditions for people in uptown because some of the ravrnswood/Andersonville shine wore off on Lawrence and broadway makes my stomach turn. Uptown has a lot of resources for the homeless pop. but the writings on the wall when I see shit like that. Anybody got a clue about the 46th ward race? I gotta get active


i like marianne lalonde and will vote for her, but erika wozniak seems most likely to force a runoff with cappelman.
User avatar
goldsoundz
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 pm
Location: chicago

Postby camping » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 pm

camping wrote:i am fuckin' shocked that i didn't slip and fall last night. i had errands in wicker and logan and it was a goddamn nightmare.


lol

fell in front of Remedy last night (sober!)

speaking of Remedy, what a weird bar. for the life of me i can't figure out what vibe they're going for
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
User avatar
camping
i wish i cared
 
Posts: 14514
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: pluto

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 pm

galactagogue wrote:pretty sure prices were nuts with the whole add-on feature for the bigger acts, so nope :/

Oh wow I had no idea almost every act required additional tickets. That is an immensely terrible and infuriating ticketing model. My angst over having to work tomorrow has been lifted :)
User avatar
Milquetoaster Strudels
 
Posts: 11878
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Postby tgk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm

Holy shit look at this poll

In the poll, conducted in both English and Spanish from Feb. 11-13, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle barely leads the 14-person pack with 14 percent of the vote.

Following her are:

Bill Daley: 13 percent

Susana Mendoza: 12 percent

Lori Lightfoot: 10 percent

Gery Chico: 9 percent

Amara Enyia: 7 percent

Jerry Joyce: 4 percent

Willie Wilson: 4 percent

Garry McCarthy: 3 percent

Paul Vallas: 2 percent

Bob Fioretti: 1 percent

LaShawn Ford: 1 percent

Neal Sales-Griffin: 1 percent

John Kozlar: ----

The leader of the pack was "Undecided" at 19 percent.


Shit is wide open
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby viachicago » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 pm

i still have no clue what im gonna go
User avatar
viachicago
 
Posts: 12358
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Postby tgk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Gotta go toni to fight off daley
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:24 am

things looking good for undecided
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 37338
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 am

with so many uninspiring candidates turnout is going to be absolutely abysmal yeesh.
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 am

viachicago wrote:i still have no clue what im gonna go


me too.
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
User avatar
xxx-xxx-xxxx
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am

Well everyone's favorite voter guide (Girl, I Guess) just dropped so this should help

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NN9clyiiHKQBGoRS0QybgOfwitRe7loIkm8kBFtt5lA/mobilebasic
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:19 pm

at least i'm excited to vote for ugo okere even though he has no chance
User avatar
kirito
 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm
Location: I got rich and it cursed me

Postby Kuboaa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm

kirito wrote:at least i'm excited to vote for ugo okere even though he has no chance

I don't understand the strength of Ugo in this election, he has literally no presence in my part of the ward, around the Western & Lawrence, the only candidate who has been consistently visible since nearly 1 year ago in the area was Maggie O'Keffe, who was personally handing out homemade flyers for her campaign outside the Rockwell brown line station

fucking Patrick O'Connor and his dumb fucking scooter.
User avatar
Kuboaa
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am
Location: chicago

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 pm

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby bicycle made for two » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 pm

with the disclaimer that I have been volunteering for the Maggie campaign since the spring, I think she is by far the best qualified candidate to defeat Pat this year. I would've loved to support either of the DSA campaigns but they are both out of their depth and I wish Ugo would speak to local 40th Ward conditions rather than banging on about citywide issues all the time. The sense I get is that the only people who could defeat Pat in a runoff are Dianne and Maggie.

Kuboaa is also correct in saying that Ugo has a hyper-localized West Rogers Park and Bowmanville campaign, and very little presence elsewhere.

My guess for Feb 26 in the 40th is:

Pat 35-42%
Dianne 10-15%
Andre 15-20%
Maggie 20-25%
Ugo 3-7%
Last edited by bicycle made for two on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bicycle made for two
ok
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQK5LBA4ls

Postby bicycle made for two » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Her Experience / Record: A lot of people are concerned that Amara doesn’t have real government experience and/or they’re concerned that she’s padded her resume. We are not concerned about the former but we are a little bit concerned about the latter. The way Amara talks about her record can be… head-scratching. She highlights her work with the Center For Cooperative Economics, but the fact is, she launched that organization right before announcing her campaign and hasn’t actually done anything with it yet. She also presents herself as a lawyer but in fact, she doesn’t practice law (she has a law degree, but never took the bar.) That’s a technicality honestly, the woman has TONS of qualifications, but she has chosen to represent herself in such a way where it seems like she’s padding her resume, which doesn’t help with the trust factor.


From the Girl I Guess voter guide, this alone is why I cannot bring myself to support Amara, the resume padding is way way more concerning than the personal financial troubles or the Brown endorsement. I'm probably 55% Lori 45% Toni at this point.
bicycle made for two
ok
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQK5LBA4ls

Postby kirito » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 pm

now i'm just remembering that i met maggie like a year ago and she was super nice. maybe i should change my vote lol
User avatar
kirito
 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm
Location: I got rich and it cursed me

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm

bicycle made for two wrote:
Her Experience / Record: A lot of people are concerned that Amara doesn’t have real government experience and/or they’re concerned that she’s padded her resume. We are not concerned about the former but we are a little bit concerned about the latter. The way Amara talks about her record can be… head-scratching. She highlights her work with the Center For Cooperative Economics, but the fact is, she launched that organization right before announcing her campaign and hasn’t actually done anything with it yet. She also presents herself as a lawyer but in fact, she doesn’t practice law (she has a law degree, but never took the bar.) That’s a technicality honestly, the woman has TONS of qualifications, but she has chosen to represent herself in such a way where it seems like she’s padding her resume, which doesn’t help with the trust factor.


From the Girl I Guess voter guide, this alone is why I cannot bring myself to support Amara, the resume padding is way way more concerning than the personal financial troubles or the Brown endorsement. I'm probably 55% Lori 45% Toni at this point.


yeah that and now she's being sued by her ex campaign manager who claims she was never paid (enyia's campaign claims it was a volunteer job).
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 35219
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10cc, a new dad for all, Alice, Amblin, anephric, Architecture, art vandelay , Autarch, Avalanche Lily, Bartatua, beefbroth inthe shitpipes, Boog Powell, brent, Brunch Buttsteak, Buddy Glass, Celery Salt, clownwig, computer problems, dan, Double McDouble, draw, dreamshake, Feech La Manna, fuckles, fury, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, gandhi, gauchebag, goldmatt, goldsoundz, goofjan, gordie blue eyes, grace cathedral park, Hal Jordan, hbb, hired goon, hit record, hologram, honeypie, hoopdog, important dentist, jack, jalapeño ranch, jarsilver, KALM, Kodiak, KPH, Lake, light rail coyote, loaf angel, lordofdiapers, marble, mariko-juku, mcwop23, Meeps, meeshpotato, messier object, mondrary, Mr Spaceship, mutism, neck, neely o'hara, neta, nicknap, nocents, palmer eldritch, patrick cokane?, Phil, pissydan, powderfinger, provm, Rainbow Battle Kid, rex, ruse, scrambled, Shalabi, Sissy Spacerock, speakers, staple, Subbacultcha, surly, swift, techno beats, tgk, transitive, trouble, Vacancies, VHGisdead, virtuous, wakeman, walt, wario lopez, warmhouse, zach york