Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby iambic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 am

okay first couple hours with sunless skies suggest it is sunless sea with all of the good and a lot less of the irritating or painstaking

iambic

Postby pablito » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:25 am

iambic wrote:okay first couple hours with sunless skies suggest it is sunless sea with all of the good and a lot less of the irritating or painstaking

yes!

pablito

Location: chicago illinois, pm me for address, come fucking fight me

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:00 am

Am I crazy for thinking Fall Out 5 looks kinda fun? I haven't really played a Fall Out before so if it's just more of the same that's not really an issue for me
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 am

Are you talking about Fallout 76? Would love a Fallout 5 but FO76 is not that, and if you’re new to the series FO76 is absolutely not the place to start imo.

New Vegas and FO3 were my personal faves. FO4 was fun enough. Haven’t played the first two, but FO76 is a mess. No NPCs or meaningful story, with ample glitching and really bad attacking system.

FO76 will be free to play soon enough so I’d just recommend waiting a bit for that.

New Vegas is one of the best games ever tho.

Contristo

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:30 am

Lol jeez I'm a maroon, I meant Far Cry 5

I typed Fall Out twice!!

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:39 am

Oh haha. I thought Far Cry 5 was fun, even if the main bad guy is annoying. My favorite in the series was Far Cry 3. Cool island setting and fun insane bad guy. You can probably get it cheap. Looks like $20 on Steam. Probably a decent place to start, since Far Cry 5 is still full price but probably due for a decrease at some point.

Contristo

Postby iambic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 am

are you two putting on a stage play to hurt me

iambic

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:01 am

What’s wrong with New Vegas and Far Cry 3? Great games imo

Contristo

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

They had Far Cry 5 at CEX for 20 so I grabbed it :ugeek:

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby gallits » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:46 am

Marcus wrote:yakuza kiwami is a treasure

This reminded me that it actually came out on pc note so thanks!

gallits

Postby hector doepos » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:07 pm

an otter wrote:but so are western games, and I can almost always spot an eastern MMO by how they model the women. they have that distinct hyper-sexy-children look:

maybe it's a cultural youth obsession that's a few notches above the west's, but I have a hard time believing that

this game looks incredible lol

hector doepos

Postby Milk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:31 am

G_S wrote:are you still against paying dollars for anything in-game (or am I misremembering...)? I guess I'm wondering if you're just grinding in-game currency to get all of those lovely furnishings

I only paid for the floor in this house. Which was like 3$ or something. I don't remember. Everything else isn't what they call pearl items, pearl items are stuff you by with real money. Now people can and DO sometimes put pearl items on the market but i don't even bother because the odds you'll win it are slim. Or were until last week because now they've overhauled the way the market works completely so it's not luck anymore but just how fucking rich you are (i have some billions but...i'm not really rich). But anyway. I have one pearl costume with my wizard and i DID win it at the market. A lucky thing. It was the one i wanted most too and it gives you an exp boost so...that was good. I paid for a few things in this game but not much. I bought a pet once. I think i bought a weight....how do you say..not expansion but anyway, it makes it so you can carry more weight. I'm not sure if i've bought anything else. I feel like i have but forgot what now. Oh yeah back when i was dumb and played the stupid dye roulette game..trying to get colors i could use...the worst money sink in this game, to color your outfits like you want they basically force you to get a value pack which is basically a sub. Otherwise you have to hope you're gonna get repeatedly unbelievably lucky. Well to be fair, i wanted the rarest colors in the game pretty much, red and black.... If shitty mint green or puke brown or blinding pruple was my thing i'd have been fine.

anyway, MORE BDO PICS cause it's all i do with my life now it seems. It's just i tried the remastered mode (graphics overhaul, allegedly) again and they've improved it since they put it in game like 6 months ago, it looked like absolute garbage then, so bright and bloomy you could almost go blind looking at the paved streets in cities (i'm not kidding). It's still not that terrific as soon as you get anywhere where there's a lot of shadows, in fact i had to tweak the setting for a few of these pics, but it's still an improvement and so these pics WILL look better than those i normally post. A lot of bucol here. My sorceress is not wearing sorceressy outfits here, in some it's a lifeskill outfit (gathering) and the other is a free outfit you can earn in game but its soldiersy and doesn't fit the class (in fact that sword is for show).

"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:26 am

broodstar wrote:ETRIAN ODYSSEY NEXUS: YEP

Hell yes

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:19 am

I'm only an hour or two into metro exodus and I kinda forget what I liked about these games. I guess I enjoyed hearing the dialogue in Russian and trying to pick out the words I knew. For some reason the only way to switch audio languages is to do it in the first main menu, so I played most of the first night in English, which is pretty funny. At one point tyoma's wife says "let's catch some air" when she means let's go outside a second.

There's also an apparently american member of your crew named Sam who sounds like one of the same 5 male voice actors in video games (Vegeta, Matthew Mercer, the other three guys). He doesn't do the Russian accent like everyone else while language is set to English, so I'm curious if when I switch it over to Russian he'll speak american Russian.

WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby Marcus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:07 pm

my time in Metro got completely upended by the delight that the Yakuza series remains to be. I can't stop playing Kiwami. Damn good PC port.

Marcus

Postby broodstar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel might be sneaking up on us at GDC

broodstar

Postby Marcus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Metro Exodus is good, i love the stealth and the open areas but it still has odd game design choices along the way and some of the more linear sections feel really dated

Marcus

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Decided to check out the ea access trial for anthem. What a hot mess. I have yet to play a mission with a different mechanic than go find these orbs and put them in a basket. The flight seems fun enough but overheating is a terrible mechanic to throw in
tim

whatabout tim

Postby Esteban » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:36 am

Jason Schreier caused some waves by replying "yes" to a resetera thread that asked if we'll ever get a demon souls remaster. Now people are assuming blue point is working on it.

Esteban

Postby Celiac » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:51 am

Yeah, I’ve been playing anthem and it is just not very good. Combat is fun, the “caster” suit is pretty fun and very powerful, but the overheating flight is really annoying. The city parts are absolute shit, just dull first person where you walk so so slowly. The British guy who talks to your character during missions (which is such a ridiculous cliche at this point) is incredibly annoying. The missions have nothing interesting about them, the implementation of them all being multiplayer completely derails any aspect of immersive storytelling. It’s very disappointing. BioWare should just remaster kotor imo
mcwop23 wrote:i love my team (the knicks)

Celiac

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am

well shit. that makes a lot of sense. let's hope they don't fuck up the aesthetic

then again when they announced their next project a year ago as being "orders of magnitude more complex than the shadow of the colossus remake" or whatever they said exactly, demon's souls isn't the first thing that comes to mind. at the time lots of people expected they were rebuilding the metal gear remasters the way they rebuilt sotc. hmm

chairkicker

Postby MikeS » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:24 am

I kind of hope the Division 2 is good. I could go for an FPS looter right now.
MikeS

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:26 am

yeah, i guess it's probably demon's souls. there really aren't a lot of other possibilities unless they're remaking mgs2 and mgs3, which they'd probably screw up aesthetically, or mgs4 which they might actually improve. let's hope they've taken to heart some of the fallout from shadow of the colossus and do demon's souls right

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 am

loot games need to die off already

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:31 am

says the dude who just bought grim dawn for some reason. but i was curious

chairkicker

Postby banquo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:23 am

chairkicker wrote:loot games need to die off already

I've been enjoying how BR games actually made "full loot on death" an option in large scale pvp

I'm still waiting for full loot MMOs with short server durations, but even optimistically it'll be at least a few years

banquo

Postby banquo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:25 am

banquo

Postby Esteban » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Honestly a full fledged MGS remake, any in the series, is way too lofty for current Konami to seriously bank roll. Not sure what, besides wishful thinking, would even have it in top most likely projects.

Esteban

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm

bluepoint would be footing some of that bill, though. maybe a lot of it. probably demon's souls, though

chairkicker

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:18 pm

I wonder if Dark Souls 2 would be funner on the Switch. DS1 didn't hit me on the PS3 but then I loved it on the Switch

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....