You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shirts optional » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:05 am

HAS operators are a pain in the ass

shirts optional

Postby Kenny » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:35 am

Yeah, Baba makes me feel very stupid after the first easy levels. I have to remember that I'm not good at logic puzzle games and not buy em, despite thinking Baba is really cool
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby thrasher » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 pm

this is a tiny thing but it drives me crazy that nintendo consoles have the A-B buttons mapped the opposite of sony/microsoft. every time I go between playing xbox and switch I have to retrain my brain on how to navigate menus properly

thrasher

Postby warmjets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah it's the worst

warmjets

Postby Kenny » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Best way to sort that out is only play Nintendo :ugeek:

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:48 pm

yeah i mean Nintendo mapped them first, so

bluemovers

Postby acapelli » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Bought donut county and it's pretty fun

Heard it's short though. Used a combination of gold coins, eShop credit and a gift card
acapelli

Postby bam » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:55 pm

i enjoyed donut county but yeah it is way too short, i feel like there was way more opportunity for hole based fun and some better puzzles

bam

Postby Kenny » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:27 pm

I agree that it is a short game, but I'd be interested in seeing how they could make it longer without making it feel like it's just more of the same. I sort of feel that it stays just as long as it should

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm

btw i beat SMB2 on NSO yesterday and it remains my favorite NES-era Mario game, which i understand is a very controversial opinion. it astounds me that they've never attempted to make a spiritual successor to the game, even outside of the SMBU.

bluemovers

Postby thrasher » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 pm

dang I am really loving valkyria chronicles a few hours in, the combo of game mechanics & aesthetic is 100% what i want in a game atm

thrasher

Postby bluemovers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 am

bluemovers

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:17 am

My first guess is there will be a portable only one and a more power TV only one

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Esteban » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am

Can't wait to buy a "new Nintendo switch xl"

Esteban

Postby bluemovers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 am

Kenny wrote:My first guess is there will be a portable only one and a more power TV only one

the article literally says this

bluemovers

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 am

You literally have a WSJ account and I literally don't then, I have read other articles that, again literally, didn't say that. That link, not unfiguratively, requires you to login to read it

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bluemovers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:08 am

i don't have a WSJ account, i just read the second comment on the tweet that had the article quoted. here ya go:

One version will have enhanced features targeted at avid videogamers, although it won't be as powerful as Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 4 Pro or Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox One X, according to parts suppliers and software developers for Nintendo who have early access to a prototype of the machine.

The other version is a cheaper option for casual gamers that Nintendo sees as a successor to its aging hand-held 3DS device, the suppliers and developers say.

bluemovers

Postby jack » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am

i just want one that's exactly like the existing model but that will let me use bluetooth headphones without a big dongle hanging off the bottom.

jack

Postby No Good Advice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am

There won't be a TV only one and the article doesn't say there will be either

No Good Advice

Postby No Good Advice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am

The name 'Switch' would, literally, not make sense if they made a TV only or portable only version

No Good Advice

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am

I'm not sure what would make me buy a new one yet. Probably when they start announcing games that only work on it

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby scurrydog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:38 am

i would buy an upgraded dock, but would be pissed to have to buy a whole new system.
love you guys!

scurrydog
ok

Postby bluemovers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 am

i used to play mine 60% docked, 40% handheld, but now i'm probably like 95% handheld. which is to say that i don't think i'd be excited about a more powerful one, necessarily, or a handheld-only one.

bluemovers

Postby No Good Advice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am

The more powerful one would still be more powerful handheld.

I don't feel the need for an upgrade personally, unless Gamestop offers some good trade-in value. But if Metroid Prime looks better when it comes out I'll upgrade.

No Good Advice

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am

I'm not going to put any money on a TV-only one, or anything, I'm just shooting the shit with the bit where they say both of these things are different than just different/more tech in the same body.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby No Good Advice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 am

Yeah I don't know what that means, probably some new gimmick

Remove detachable joycons and you reduce the price quite a lot on the cheaper model, though. There's no reason not to have it be able to dock.

No Good Advice

Postby shirts optional » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 am

Rumor: Mario Maker 2 out June 14

shirts optional

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am

I got an email from Amazon, I think Friday that said my shipping update on my preorder had been changed to then

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby thrasher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:59 pm

from what little I've read I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a more powerful switch as a mid generation stop gap. the way I understand it is because so many current games are utilizing tech like adaptive resolution etc. upgrading to more powerful hardware could mean that the games you already own could run/look better almost automatically

thrasher

Postby lightfoot » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 am

why the fuck is final fantasy x $50 lol

lightfoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....