Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby what the schmuck » Thu May 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Buoy is canning their helles now in 6 packs. Going to be crushing those all summer.

what the schmuck

Postby gazedo » Sun May 19, 2019 11:23 am

visited Superstition yesterday. you get to it through a made in arizona type store, which is pretty weird, but its a cool tasting room once you go downstairs to their space. super friendly staff and great to be able to try a lot of different meads without having to shell out the $$$ for bottles I don't necessarily want the whole thing of. highlights were aphrodesia cuvee (barrel aged wine grade mead), strawberry white (barrel aged chocolate strawberry mead), and their house made sangria (barrel aged plain mead, marionberry mead, red wine, oranges). next time i have a big party, definitely going to make some of that sangria.

gazedo

Postby Hugh » Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am

what the schmuck wrote:Buoy is canning their helles now in 6 packs. Going to be crushing those all summer.

I liked Buoy and staring at the sea lions.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 am

I got to go to Other Half for the first time on Sunday and it did not disappoint. Triple Mylar Daydream and Triple Mosaic Daydream blew my mind.

Hugh

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 am

Drinking a Baltika RIS right now and it's shockingly good for $3.50 or whatever.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:08 pm

a quick PSA: cellador is the best sour brewery in the country.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby deadwolfbones » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 pm

wario lopez wrote:a quick PSA: cellador is the best sour brewery in the country.

it's pretty good but I wouldn't go that far

Ale Apothecary for one is better

probably De Garde and Sante Adairius also

and Jester King still rips
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby Fullscreen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:47 pm

the bells leaves of grass vol. I (ipa with german malt and hops) is hitting the dang spot right now.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart

Fullscreen

Postby tonybricker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:14 am

deadwolfbones wrote:
wario lopez wrote:a quick PSA: cellador is the best sour brewery in the country.

Casey
Hill Farmstead
Cantillon

Cellador is good but probably not even top 10

tonybricker

Postby A WOMAN IN TROUBLE » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:22 am

side project

A WOMAN IN TROUBLE
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:55 am

they do the best fruited sours. their sourcing is unparalleled. masumoto stone fruit, andy's orchard cherries. i've had westly, west ashley, many sante, de garde, HF and fuzzy and a lot of other SP, casa, rare barrel. i have had sours with off flavors from ale apothecary and de garde. i lived in austin for a time and jester king is great, but coveted beers like atrial simply don't live up to in fruit intensity to ms. pea split, a beer by cellador that made distro.
Last edited by cam'ron hubbard on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 am

i received similar feedback having brought cellador to a sara bottle share, where ms pea split and gosesque cherry were tasted against sara club beers. give me their 100% oak-barrel fermented beers with heirloom fruit varietals, bottle-conditioned with their own house culture (as to not alter the flavor with more common bottle conditioning yeast). i'm not saying i'm an expert, but all of you should seek it out. drinking their pear saison now and it's magnificent. and an important factor to me, though others may have more tolerance to it, is the lack of diacetyl in any of their beers.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby gazedo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 am

I have not had a cellador unfruited saison that can stand up to Sara cellerman / SP Tete / HF Flora / Casey seasons past god-tier of beer. Their fruited stuff is really good but when the fruit is the quality they use (same goes for Casey) it's not that hard to blow puree beers like West Ashley / westly out of the water. That isn't meant as a knock, they should be proud of their fruit sourcing. But I haven't had anything unfruited that hits the highs of the country's best saison producers.

gazedo

Postby warmjets » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:24 am

Haven't had an IPA in like a month. Feels good man. I'm a lagerhead now.

warmjets

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:28 am

tonybricker wrote:
deadwolfbones wrote:

Casey
Hill Farmstead
Cantillon

Cellador is good but probably not even top 10

Cantillon not "in the country" tho
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 am

I mean, I love Cellador. I have way too much of their stuff in my "cellar." More than any other sour/wild brewery. Cracked their spelt saison from 2017 the other day and it was 5/5. But I do think they rely too much on fruit, and that can make their beers taste kind of samey.

I will say I love the honey undertone that all their beers have from the priming. It's something I haven't gotten from most other sour breweries, even those who also prime with honey. Not sure how Cellador does it.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby brent » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 am

speaking of sours, when modern times launched here, they shipped a few kegs of new atlantis along with some fruited variants...i was pretty shocked at the intensity of the black currant variant, probably one of the best wine forward beers i've ever had

brent

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am

warmjets wrote:Haven't had an IPA in like a month. Feels good man. I'm a lagerhead now.

Been drinking almost nonstop German pils lately. $6/4pk Bitburger from Trader Joe's, Konig, Veltins, Radeberger. Even got some Benediktiner Helles. Don't care if it's not the best of the best, it's just great easy drinkin' springtime beer. Brewed my own Helles, too, which I should be tapping in the next week or two.

:awful:
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby easy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:36 am

I haven't been drinking beer much these past few months. what's new in the easy-drinkin summer porch beer scene??? (even if u don't hav e a porch)

easy
does it

Postby ecto » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am

easy wrote:I haven't been drinking beer much these past few months. what's new in the easy-drinkin summer porch beer scene??? (even if u don't hav e a porch)

lawsons super session #8 for me
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby ecto » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am

probably time for me to brew a galaxy session too..
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am

ecto wrote:probably time for me to brew a galaxy session too..

do it and post in the homebrew thread

I feel so alone...
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby warmjets » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am

deadwolfbones wrote:
warmjets wrote:Haven't had an IPA in like a month. Feels good man. I'm a lagerhead now.

Been drinking almost nonstop German pils lately. $6/4pk Bitburger from Trader Joe's, Konig, Veltins, Radeberger. Even got some Benediktiner Helles. Don't care if it's not the best of the best, it's just great easy drinkin' springtime beer. Brewed my own Helles, too, which I should be tapping in the next week or two.

Bitburger is fuckin' sick shit. $5.49 for a 4 pack of half liter tallboys. It's a staple in my fridge.

If I'm feeling fancy I splurge for a $16 sixer of Rothaus Pils. Which is just the best shit.

warmjets

Postby bachwards » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am

Fullscreen wrote:the bells leaves of grass vol. I (ipa with german malt and hops) is hitting the dang spot right now.

I dug this a lot too, though the German hops weren't as distinctive as I was anticipating. Instead I thought it tasted like a slightly grassier good batch of Two-Hearted.
bachwards

Postby brent » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:49 am

i like bitburger a lot too.
we recently got a fresh shipment of melvin stuff here and their pils (pils-gnar) is very good, albeit a bit on the hoppier side a la pivo (i think it even uses the same saphir hops). before that i was crushing crooked stave/casey von pilsner which i still think is the best stateside pils i've had. and my go-to bar has a keg of firestone/casey stivo on deck...

brent

Postby Fullscreen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am

deadwolfbones wrote:

Love what pipeworks is doing with lagers, they're putting out one of the better craft pils in the country imo.

(But yeah there's radeberger or urquell in my fridge pretty much all summer.)
Last edited by Fullscreen on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart

Fullscreen

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 am

that Crooked Stave pils is indeed very good but IMO Heater Allen, pFriem, and Bierstadt Lagerhaus are slightly better.

when it comes to the hoppier more American style Pivo and Prima are hard to beat.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby brent » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 am

deadwolfbones wrote:that Crooked Stave pils is indeed very good but IMO Heater Allen, pFriem, and Bierstadt Lagerhaus are slightly better.

when it comes to the hoppier more American style Pivo and Prima are hard to beat.

i'll prob get to bierstadt lagerhaus this summer 8-)

brent

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:55 am

I haven't had Suarez Palatine Pils yet but I'm sure it's up there too
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby gazedo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am

deadwolfbones wrote:I haven't had Suarez Palatine Pils yet but I'm sure it's up there too

Suarez makes the best pilsners I have had.

And while heater allen and pfriem are good, I would give the nod to chuckanut over both. its really unfair how good the pacific northwest is at lagered beer.

gazedo

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....