Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby goofjan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 am

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/crime/article/The-Latest-Hospital-At-least-5-people-shot-at-14192030.php
The shooter also was killed Authorities say he used a rifle and gained entry to the packed festival by cutting through a fence to avoid the tight security, including metal detectors, police said.

Jane Jacobucci described the shooter as a tall, thin young man in camouflage with a big gun.

Camouflage and guns should be illegal.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 am

countdown till MAGA hat picture
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 am

Shotfrog

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 am

Aaaaaand one of the victims is a 6 year old. Fuck this.

Shotfrog

Postby Lowercase Tea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:11 pm

Just a reminder, as you may wander to find out more about what happened, please go to local news sources and support the papers in that community.

https://www.facebook.com/687086826/posts/10157239424546827?sfns=mo

Thinking this will be the last post I do on this craziness.
I was decompressing from a long couple of days when my friend Issac called to see if I was at the Festival. Could not figure out why until he told me the news. I was supposed to be out there but decided as I was waiting for the shuttle that I was too tired to go again.
I texted my editors just in case they had not heard about it. Next call was from my publisher, Dan Pulcrano, asking me to head to Gilroy to see what I could find out. He suggested going to St Louise where they were taking victims.
I got there and I had to sit for a while in the car to absorb what was going on. There were little groups of people everywhere, huddling together. There were a few people wandering the parking lot looking totally lost. There were ambulances, paramedics. nurses pushing carts of water and coffee, police, security guards, a few stray cats looking for food.
I passed some ministers who were leaving They told me about the murdered child. I talked to an ambulance driver who told me the woman he had brought in had just been airlifted elsewhere. I was wearing my press badge and people came over to me. I did not ask any questions. A real reporter would have, certainly. But the scene was too intense and even standing there seemed invasive. I offered some words of comfort. I think the ones walking around on their own needed to hear something from another person just to break up their worrying.
They told me a press briefing would be happening at the Gavilan College parking lot so I took off. That's where people were being reunited with missing family and friends. It was like walking on to a movie set. There were media vans everywhere, video cameras on tripods, bright lighting panels, reporters talking to victims, reporters checking in to their home stations, reporters talking to no-one and just standing there blankly.
I listened in to a few of the witnesses talking about the tragedy. There was a vivid sense that even they could not believe this had happened, like they were recounting something they had seen on television. I heard angry frightened people.
Everything was surreal. I'm press but I am not really press. I am the guy who goes out to high school football games and little league. To Fun Runs and carnivals. I shoot portraits of colorful characters and local business people. You will see me at dog shows and rodeos. The Garlic Festival? Shot it six times so far. There is nothing globally earthshaking about what I cover but it all comes from the heart. Just doing my best to create a record of the daily life of four or five small towns and give people some memories to share.
But here I am, fighting for a little space to shoot some pictures of a press conference. I am standing next to the CNN guy. I get to tell a Fox guy that no, I won't move so he can put his tripod where I am standing. I get sneered at because I'm local press, not the real thing.
And I tell that guy and anyone else who will listen that this is my goddam town. That I know people who were out there. That students I have followed on the field who had volunteered to work the Festival had ended up running for their lives. That one friend was standing right next to the shooter. That one friend had bullets hit the wall right behind her. That one student I had just photographed for a feature risked his life to help two girls escape. That tomorrow they are going to move on to some other thing but I was going to be there in town covering the memorials and the vigils and the grief. And that I was going to be there to see how these people coped and recovered as they tried to make sense of what they had lived through.
The one athlete told me that he just wanted to make sure the girls were safe. One friend talked about seeing children and seniors crying and being thankful that she only had a hurt leg from falling. Through all this people were texting me to see if I was OK.
But, of course, I was not OK. I was a bit player in a drama bigger than anyone there. I was absorbing pain and grief from everyone around me. I was trying to make the scene real and not something out of every movie and TV program and newscast that has dealt with this kind of insanity. I felt the darkness of the night like I never had before.
Tomorrow, nothing is going to happen to stop this kind of thing from happening again. I could almost feel those thoughts and prayers sailing by, ineffective as always.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Hal Jordan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:17 pm

per CNN, the shooter posted a call to read a white supremacist book right before the shooting:

Instagram posts hours before attack
An Instagram account, which was created four days ago under the suspect's name, posted two messages shortly before the attack began.
One included a photograph of people walking around the Garlic Festival with the words "Ayyy garlic festival time Come get wasted on overpriced sh**."
The other, which included a photo of Smokey the Bear and a sign saying "Fire Danger High Today," stated: "Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"
A mestizo is a person of mixed descent, commonly white and Hispanic or white and American Indian.
"Might is Right," first published in the late 1800s, has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy while vilifying Christianity. The book calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil" and says that the natural order is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak and white men must rule over those of color.
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby coop » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 pm

A man who was 11 when he and a friend gunned down a teacher and four students at their middle school in 1998 died Saturday in a car crash on an Arkansas highway, according to police.

Andrew Golden, 33, who had changed his name to Drew Grant and was living in Missouri, died when the driver of a Chevy Tahoe collided head-on with his Honda CR-V on Highway 167 near Cave City, about 100 miles north of Little Rock, according to state police.

The driver of the Chevy, Daniel Petty, 59 — who was driving south when he swerved over a center line, a turning lane and two northbound lanes before crashing into Grant's Honda — also died, according to a police report.

Stephanie Grant, 29, and a 2-year-old child were in the car with Grant and were injured, the report said. Kathy Tanner, 59, who was in the car with Petty, was also injured.

Grant and Mitchell Johnson, who was 13, set off a fire alarm at Westside Middle School near Jonesboro, Arkansas, on March 24, 1998, and shot at people as they fled the building.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arkansas-school-shooter-who-killed-five-1998-dies-head-car-n1035606

coop

Postby Spooky Jim » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:47 pm

My uncle and my cousins all live in Gilroy and my brother always goes to the festival every year, but he has a young baby and assume he skipped out this year. I am not sure if any of them went though but no ones gotten back to me.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?

Spooky Jim

Postby Rumpleforeskin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Active shooter in an El Paso Walmart, 20 injured, 2 dead.

Waiting for moms to text back. Fuck its Saturday. Its the one by our house.

edit: my family's safe, fuck this...

Rumpleforeskin

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Hope your family is safe, rumple. My in-laws are in El Paso, as far as I know though they're okay.
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.

dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby Rumpleforeskin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:22 pm

thanks, you too.

People were posting pics of dead bodies on FB. I'm sick to my stomach.

Rumpleforeskin

Postby Hugh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Terrible feeling to lose track of the mass shootings that happen in this country in a fucking month.

Hugh

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:53 pm

fuck it’s bad

dog diarrhea in my beard

Frank

Postby loaf angel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:55 pm

three suspects???
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby zamboni » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:57 pm

3 suspects, whoa

zamboni

Postby Rumpleforeskin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Apparently there was a 2nd shooting w SWAT standoff across town at the same time. JFC.

Rumpleforeskin

Postby loaf angel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:00 pm

that tweet has been deleted so guess we'll have to wait for further confirmation on all this

loaf angel

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 pm

21 year old white guy with rumors of a manifesto referencing Christchurch
dog diarrhea in my beard

Frank

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:39 pm

i bet he was a quiet normal kid growing up
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Durham » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:43 pm

This summer will be unbelievable to readers of the future Perlstein book

Durham

Postby super gas » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:54 pm

it blows my mind that they have special forces ready for this kind of situation in a city like el paso with military gear and military vehicles.

super gas

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:54 pm

super gas wrote:it blows my mind that they have special forces ready for this kind of situation in a city like el paso with military gear and military vehicles.

They get federal funding for it
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 pm

One area our country doesn't like to skimp on in the federal budget is militarizing the police
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 pm

holy shit he’s in custody and not dead
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby super gas » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:59 pm

mcwop23 wrote:holy shit he’s in custody and not dead

well duh he's white.

super gas

Postby screaming emphysema » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Potentially 20 dead, fuck

screaming emphysema

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 pm

the witness that is talking on ktsm just said the shooter mentioned 8chan and said "gamers rise up"
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby loaf angel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 pm

jesus christ

loaf angel

Postby John plainman 4 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 pm

cool country
John plainman 4

Postby warmjets » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Fuck

warmjets

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....