Netflix IS GLOW (Alison Brie thread mk2)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby badhat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 am

this rules
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby seafoam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 pm

About 5 eps in, Started watching somewhat halfhearted last night with my betters, what the hell, it is beyond my expectations so out there, great acting and character relations are fresh, it’s aswell done high camp fashion as it possibly could be

seafoam

Postby scrambled » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:48 pm

i didn't realize how happy i was that it was back until i started it :D :D - the opening bit is so bonkers already

edit: omg geena davis

scrambled

Postby Althea » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:22 pm

The noise I just made when she sat down and Toby HussToggle Spoiler was next to her! I hope that's no all we see of him.

Althea

Postby Reliable Tradesman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 pm

I rly enjoyed the first episode of the new season, I won't be back in here, until I've finished it. Love you all,

Reliable Tradesman

Postby guy forget » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm

this show is so good
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Easily my favorite season so far.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby Repo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 am

all the scenes with brie + maron are amazing

Repo

Postby scrambled » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Repo wrote:all the scenes with brie + maron are amazing

STRONG disagree lmao - marc's 'complicated man' character just sticks out sorely for me in this female ensemble show and much preferred them as a father/daughter duo than anything romanticToggle Spoiler. but i can see enjoying their fun chemistry. the whole 'making a movie' plot seemed kinda weird and forced, too

season overall great but kinda sad how far it's drifted from the wrestling of it all. that bash/kate nash threesomeToggle Spoiler scene tho :oops: :D

still so bizarre that that's kate nash - i really like her acting/screen presence!

scrambled

Postby pissydan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:34 pm

shelia was amazing.
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby Debbie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 pm

scrambled wrote:STRONG disagree lmao - marc's 'complicated man' character just sticks out sorely for me

man yes this is exactly why this show didn't work for me at all i hate this shit

Debbie

Postby davideotape » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:56 pm

I just googled kate nash, i didnt know she was a british pop person.

I didnt mind maron this season, the first season was too much, it seemed like they werent sure if it was going to be “his” show and gave him too much, now he just seems like a love interest with some backstory which is fine.
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby Repo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 am

scrambled wrote:
Repo wrote:all the scenes with brie + maron are amazing

STRONG disagree lmao - marc's 'complicated man' character just sticks out sorely for me in this female ensemble show and much preferred them as a father/daughter duo than anything romanticToggle Spoiler. but i can see enjoying their fun chemistry. the whole 'making a movie' plot seemed kinda weird and forced, too

season overall great but kinda sad how far it's drifted from the wrestling of it all. that bash/kate nash threesomeToggle Spoiler scene tho :oops: :D

still so bizarre that that's kate nash - i really like her acting/screen presence!

well I'm so sorry for you, I enjoyed it a lot from an acting point of view. imo this kind of chemistry is really hard to get on film and you have to celebrate it when you find it.

Repo

Postby jalapeño ranch » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:36 am

Maron is definitely getting a lot better at acting since the beginning of his IFC show. He's fine in GLOW but not a standout compared to some of the cast. I think he plays an important role but ultimately his arc in the most recent season is pretty lazy compared to Ruth, Debbie, Rhonda, Tammé, and probably a few others I'm missing. Obviously Ruth's arc is intertwined with his but it's a lot more nuanced than "frustrated dude who writes a script."
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby Repo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 am

just to be clear in the op I was refering to brie + maron, not maron alone

Repo

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 am

Lowercase Tea

Postby scrambled » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 am

lmaooooo "bro..."

scrambled

Postby chargie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 am

my enjoyment of this show has waned with each new season and i can't understand why. halfway through season 3 and I'm just not feeling it
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color

chargie

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 am

I find it an enjoyable thing to watch as a background to internetting. I like the individual characters more than the premise, like I would rather watch all the actresses in another show than it particularly being about wrestling which is kinda... dumb to me, and lacking in potential for interesting storylines

I'm honestly a little surprised that Alison Brie, who seems like her profile was getting bigger and bigger, signed on for this particular show, even though she's good in it
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby pissydan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm

chargie wrote:my enjoyment of this show has waned with each new season and i can't understand why. halfway through season 3 and I'm just not feeling it

i kinda feel the opposite. like i enjoy each season more than the one before it. the ensemble seems to have this natural comfort level with each other now that i find very satisfying. when there are in large group scenes, the collective acting comes off great. plus, geena davis & kevin cahoon were really nice additions.
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:59 pm

scrambled wrote:lmaooooo "bro..."

I've been staying "dude is diesel" in my head nonstop.
Lowercase Tea

Postby dubs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 am

chargie wrote:my enjoyment of this show has waned with each new season and i can't understand why. halfway through season 3 and I'm just not feeling it

Yeah didn’t enjoy this as much as I thought I would and it was noticeably less “wrestling” stuff than past seasons which makes me think it has one season left at most.

dubs

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 am

Really enjoyed this season. They toned the wrestling stuff down but that made sense, based on the fact that they were doing the same thing over and over - the few times they broke out of their rut with it and showed a bunch of a whole show was a lot of fun. The transparently a stunt double moonsault made me laugh but you know, I don't think you could safely teach Brie that one.

The Bash/Nash stuff was really interesting. I liked the Maron/daughter stuff more than some people seemed to, based on reviews. Awesome Kong/Welfare Queen's arc was really trenchant to the actual struggles of pro wrestling. I loved the cliffhanger/promise of change for the *fingers crossed* next season.

Netflix better push itself past it's sometimes arbitrary 3 seasons limit...
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby Repo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:42 am

loved this season, some scenes are outstanding (for example the way sam and justine look at each other in their final scene)
I love how they cover topics like women empowerment, class, race and LGBTI without preaching or underlining the subjects too much
also thank you glow for not pushing the nostalgia card too much

Repo

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:51 pm

After the first episode I was totally checked out but by the end I think that's the best season yet
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....