Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 am

Incredibly petty and shitty
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby gallits » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:09 am

I guess we will be fine because we do indeed move before October, but I'm still extremely worried she won't be able to come back when she goes to visit family etc. It's all so completely in the air
gallits

Postby Lucky » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 am

uhhh

katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Lucky

Postby murderhorn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 am

murderhorn

Postby Night porter » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:38 pm

So about 1 in 4 brexit party voters are able to click through to a second screen? Makes sense
Night porter

Postby Geoff » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Lucky wrote:uhhh

Labour is screwing up royally :cry:
Geoff
i like jazz

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:21 am

it seems to me to be more a matter of the movement stalling and Corbynism's popular appeal hitting a ceiling more than like tactical folly or a screwup that can be corrected. Unless screwing up=not publicly trying to depose Corbyn again. leadership has basically come around to every People's vote demand at some point over the past year and where has it got them?

I watched Channel 4's 30-days-to-solve-Brexit? story this morning and even for UK news it was pretty shocking. referred to Boris Johnson as 'young' and there was also a line about how Merkel's been through five PMs now but never encountered one quite like this.
Last edited by murderhorn on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 am

I mean even weirdo FBPE micro-celebrities are like I'm not willing to sacrifice my anti-racist principles just to avoid no deal brexit at this point. I looked at Stephen Pollard's twitter yesterday to see what he might have to say about Trump's comments and it's screenshots of antisemitic comments from unofficial Labour facebook groups. this was also making the rounds:

I've said it before on here but I don't understand how to get past the nature of this sort of opposition. like if a GE is called and a credible poll shows Labour ahead (however remote that possibility seems rn) there are going to be evening news stories about the people fleeing the UK in fear for their lives.
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 am

then for a bit you might imagine an alternative reality where Corbyn didn't get on the ballot in 2016 or something and Mike Gapes is still in Labour trying to garner support for invading Venezuela while the Amazon burns as a matter of policy. it's truly a terrible time.
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:47 am

never encountered a PM quite like this Eton > Oxford grad who was the arch Oxford Union rival of the PM before the last one
murderhorn

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:48 am

I used to work in a firm who's senior partner was in that Bullingdon Club picture with Boris and Cameron

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby delgriffith » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:17 am

murderhorn I don't think I say it enough but thank you for always putting into words what I can't, in a much better way than I ever could. I find myself coming into this thread often with some vague, depressing notion of what I want to say, reading a post of yours and nodding in sad, resigned agreement before flipping back over to Twitter to drive myself mad.

I feel a pretty consistent level of... if not outright guilt, then at least regret over the fact that I haven't lived in the UK in over a decade now and that my engagement with politics "back home" is always filtered through that prism. I rarely get a chance to actually take part in anything other than social media and my depressingly meaningless vote. Twitter's distorting obviously effects don't help either.

My involvement in US politics - in the country where I have no actual voting rights at any level - has eclipsed whatever nascent political activism I took part in when I was a teenager in the UK. Obviously at some level that makes sense: your politics are always best practiced at the local level, and doing so within the community you find yourself in (yours by birth, choice, or circumstance) outweighs the impact of whatever you do with your own ballot.

This is all a very long-winded and self-centered way of saying that I am glad to know that there are people like you out there choosing to do the work. Even when we disagreed more on Corbyn I never doubted your sincerity and your experience. In fact, it caused me to question my own certainty because of how distanced I was from what was actually happening "on the ground."

Sorry, anyway, back to your regularly scheduled depression. Have I made this post before? Maybe, who knows!
delgriffith

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:20 am

well shucks thanks I do almost fuck all in reality though!!
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 am

also re: disagreement on Corbyn I think I mostly just bought into stuff that New Statesmen types were saying c. 2016 because I thought they knew more than me and the referendum campaign was traumatic and I didn't really gain exposure to anything to change my mind until the 2017 election which is when I joined and started doing the bare minimum stuff of membership. But maybe as a result I wonder too whether I am just reading different people now but being swayed into holding a political opinion/preference in a similar way. In that I can no longer conceive of a way out of a deathwish far right white supremacist international that doesn't run through Corbyn, can't imagine a leader more resilient to the Blue Labour/Brexit party/spiked line of attack against progressivism, things like immigration, cycling etc. and these are beliefs I could try to explain to make a case for voting Labour to someone who thinks Corbyn is 'enabling Brexit' but they clearly wouldn't be much use if they thought the party and its leader and its membership is racist, and pointing out that lots of online critics are saying one of these things when they aren't saying the other doesn't really seem like a winning argument or at all an appropriate one.
murderhorn

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 am

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:54 am

mercenaries of slime

Postby murderhorn » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:41 pm

Depressingly predictable. Thanks for link
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:37 am

Kenny wrote:

Police arrested the MP a week ago, at the same time as office manager Gareth Arnold, who was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit fraud.

This is the guy who did the fuck Jared I quit twitter post that guys like James Ball went wild for
murderhorn

Postby murderhorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 am

murderhorn

Postby incoherent grunting » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:29 am

Johnson wants a no deal brexit, right? But why? How does crashing out help the ultra-rich? Just a new form of disaster capitalism?
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby gallits » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:34 am

Pretty much.
gallits

Postby murderhorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 am

incoherent grunting wrote:Johnson wants a no deal brexit, right? But why? How does crashing out help the ultra-rich? Just a new form of disaster capitalism?

Will Davies wrote about this http://www.perc.org.uk/project_posts/englands-rentier-alliance/
I think another motivation is that Johnson got in really early on the anti "nanny state" politics of spiked etc. I was reading some of Douglas Murphy's book about his time as mayor of London and learned that he promoted these routemaster buses with the hop on/off rear exits as a way to reintroduce some danger and wrecklessness into everyday life, like it was before public safety warriors took over. So like no deal Brexit expresses these politics on the grandest possible scale almost. Anyway I think this forms a pretty big part of his appeal among cranks and boomers and people with statue avatars on twitter
murderhorn

Postby incoherent grunting » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am

murderhorn wrote:
incoherent grunting wrote:Johnson wants a no deal brexit, right? But why? How does crashing out help the ultra-rich? Just a new form of disaster capitalism?

Will Davies wrote about this http://www.perc.org.uk/project_posts/englands-rentier-alliance/
I think another motivation is that Johnson got in really early on the anti "nanny state" politics of spiked etc. I was reading some of Douglas Murphy's book about his time as mayor of London and learned that he promoted these routemaster buses with the hop on/off rear exits as a way to reintroduce some danger and wrecklessness into everyday life, like it was before public safety warriors took over. So like no deal Brexit expresses these politics on the grandest possible scale almost. Anyway I think this forms a pretty big part of his appeal among cranks and boomers and people with statue avatars on twitter

THanks~
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby murderhorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm

murderhorn

Postby delgriffith » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm

I'd been having an alright afternoon until I read all that.
delgriffith

Postby office plant » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03 am

good morning america

Government asks Queen to suspend Parliament
The government has asked the Queen to suspend Parliament just days after MPs return to work in September - and only a few weeks before the Brexit deadline.

Boris Johnson said a Queen's Speech would take place after the suspension, on 14 October, to outline his "very exciting agenda".

But it means MPs are unlikely to have time to pass laws to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

Tory backbencher Dominic Grieve called the move "an outrageous act".

He warned it could lead to a vote of no confidence in Mr Johnson, adding: "This government will come down."

But the prime minister said it was "completely untrue" to suggest the suspension was motivated by a desire to force through no deal.

He said he not want to wait until after Brexit "before getting on with our plans to take this country forward", and insisted there would still be "ample time" for MPs to debate the UK's departure.

"We need new legislation. We've got to be bringing forward new and important bills and that's why we are going to have a Queen's Speech," he added.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49493632
office plant

Postby Lucky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 am

Wow, disturbing developments today. Just found out I've been blocked by the @ToryFibs Twitter account. Weird
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Lucky

Postby delgriffith » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 am

I'm depressed
delgriffith

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:50 am

Boris Johnson is fucking scum

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....