Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby incoherent grunting » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm

see, progress!
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby k_uger » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm

were any other shootings so thoroughly captured on video as Vegas?

in retrospect I kind of wish the photos of the SH children were released in some capacity, not that that’s remotely my call, just a naive fantasy that those children’s death could have some how made any sort of difference whatsoever in this monstrous country.
guy forget wrote:it's hard to argue with the wheel

k_uger

Postby Paul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 pm

k_uger wrote:were any other shootings so thoroughly captured on video as Vegas?

in retrospect I kind of wish the photos of the SH children were released in some capacity, not that that’s remotely my call, just a naive fantasy that those children’s death could have some how made any sort of difference whatsoever in this monstrous country.

I still think the response from the many paranoid gun owners would still be the same "you're not taking my guns and if you try I'm going to shoot you"

If anything the militarization of American police forces could be put toward it'd be taking assault rifles away from their owners, but half of the cops probably want personal assault rifles too.
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.

lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby jalapeño ranch » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 am

Half is very generous.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:07 pm

k_uger wrote:were any other shootings so thoroughly captured on video as Vegas?

There is a large group of bigots that insists the children never existed. Releasing pics would just have those shitheads putting them on their dumbass signs and geocities pages.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:27 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/us-school-re ... n-11791409

I guess it was a matter of time until we started redesigning our schools instead of preventing the guns from being there in the first place. Great country we got going.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby easy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:01 pm

good podcast alert:

Know Your Enemy (Matthew Sitman and Sam Adler-Bell) had Patrick Blanchfield on to talk about gun culture in america and it's very, very good. episode's called "Gunpower"

easy
does it

Postby Klint » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:04 pm

easy wrote:good podcast alert:

Know Your Enemy (Matthew Sitman and Sam Adler-Bell) had Patrick Blanchfield on to talk about gun culture in america and it's very, very good. episode's called "Gunpower"

Yeah, this was one of the best episodes of a pod I've listened to all year. Can't recommend it enough. Also, it's intensely depressing so just a heads up.
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd

Klint

Postby easy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:04 pm

the term "liquidate" is used... often

easy
does it

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:22 pm

dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby southpaw » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:37 pm

easy wrote:good podcast alert:

Thanks for this rec

And to my earlier post pretty sure Blanchfields the one calling that tweet ahistorical navel gazing

southpaw

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 pm

my sister-in-law is a teacher at her kids' private christian school and they are having some company called ALICE do active shooter training, for the staff now, and for the kids at some point in the school year

so frustrating to hear her talk about like "it sucks that we need this but" stuff when they are such Republicans like, uh bro stop voting to keep guns everywhere
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby sadville » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:10 pm

my colleague at work has a student who's a total gun bro, has shown me pictures of his assault rifles n shit

and i just wanna take a minute to thank the thread (Catullus, etc) for having talking points and statistics to be like bro u should reconsider this, and do it in front of a classroom full of students
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

sadville

Postby tgk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

tgk

Postby tgk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm

tgk

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm

neat
This is my Instagram

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby tgk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:01 pm

tgk

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:05 pm

how the hell are two vans with guns firing from them on the loose for this long
This is my Instagram

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby loaf angel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Paul wrote:how the hell are two vans with guns firing from them on the loose for this long

2nd amendment rights
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby shark week » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:13 pm

there was a 9 victim shooting at an Alabama high school football game last night

no one died though
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm

shark week wrote:there was a 9 victim shooting at an Alabama high school football game last night

no one died though

wow I didn't see this on the news at all
This is my Instagram

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby Durham » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 pm

I went through ALICE training
It was kinda harrowing but also like, it makes more sense than the traditional lockdown procedure

Of course it makes less sense than anything else

Durham

Postby Debbie » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:25 pm

I can't do this anymore

Debbie

Postby shark week » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 pm

i did an Avoid Deny Defend two hour training through work

it was fairly informative

the focus seemed to be on examining and improving human rapid response/crisis behavior more than anything else
Last edited by shark week on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby MikeS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:45 pm

We’re going to the Oregon state fair on Monday and I don’t even want to go. It seems like an event that will eventually get shot up

MikeS

Postby identikit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:41 am

tgk wrote:

Greg Abott: Texans will unite to end these evil attacks.

These measures will absolutely end it, every single point seems like a logical step in the right direction!
A series of new firearm laws will go into effect in Texas on Sunday just hours after a shooting left five people dead in the western part of the state.
The laws will further loosen gun restrictions in a state that's had four of the 10 deadliest mass shootings in modern US history. They will make it easier to have guns just a month after a shooter stormed a Walmart in El Paso and killed 22 people.
Here are the sweeping firearm laws going into effect:
Weapons on school grounds
House Bill 1143 says a school district cannot prohibit licensed gun owners, including school employees, from storing a firearm or ammunition in a locked vehicle on a school parking lot -- provided they are not in plain view.
Marshals at schools
House Bill 1387 loosens restrictions on how many armed school marshals a school district can appoint.
Guns in foster homes
House Bill 2363 allows some foster homes to store firearms and ammunition in a safe and secure place for personal protection.
Weapons in apartments
House Bill 302 bans homeowners or landlords of rental property from prohibiting residents from lawfully possessing, carrying, transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition in the property.
Handguns during a disaster
House Bill 1177 prohibits residents from being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun while evacuating from a state or local disaster area.
Firearms in places of worship
Senate Bill 535 clarifies the possession of firearms at churches, synagogues or other places of worship. It allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship -- and comes nearly two years after a gunman killed 26 people at Sutherland Springs church.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/texas ... index.html

I don't know which of these I like best, hard choice between banning landlords from prohibiting residents from carrying und carrying in places of worship.

identikit

Postby Shotfrog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:36 am

It turned out to be just the one guy, right?

Shotfrog

Postby Dead_Wizard » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:39 am

Yes

Dead_Wizard

Postby Spooky Jim » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:41 am

I think they just decided it doesn’t matter if it actually was one or two. There is an infinite amount of potential future shooters, why quibble over the difference of one.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?

Spooky Jim

Postby walt whitman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:37 pm

total ban on the sale of ammunition. problem solved

walt whitman

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....