Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:57 pm

i gotta admit at first i was like whatever about the replay until i was running from that ATOM machine or whatever and that goddamn classic reel of squall running and jumping onto the hovercraft got me feeling all the fuccin feels
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Meeps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:34 pm

mcwop23 wrote:i gotta admit at first i was like whatever about the replay until i was running from that ATOM machine or whatever and that goddamn classic reel of squall running and jumping onto the hovercraft got me feeling all the fuccin feels

I noticed that particular fmv was way more compressed than the others in the remaster. I wonder why.
Smooth lever mechanism and large press chamber EMPOWER the AVERAGE AMERICAN with minimal grip strength, lessening the food preparation time so that you can FOCUS on creating dishes on par with professional chefs.

Meeps

Postby Durham » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:13 pm

The MIDI music confused me too but it was an interesting change of pace

With 3X I’m tempted to just play this game again forever

Durham

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:23 pm

i blew my low level game because i forgot about both the required encounters in the deap sea research facility and the card ability
i'm "only" like level 40 and i probably will gain a couple more levels grinding cactuars for AP
horrible
i knew i'd find some way to screw it up
at least i can just farm the Elnoyle for the last energy crystals i need
i'm gonna try to stay under 50 and make sure i get 100 auras and start using Irvine since he's still pretty low level
got all the GFs though and I have to platinum the thing so I had to level up for my SeeD ranking
that's how I justify it
not that I messed up

Infinite Jost

Postby brent » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 am

i know i've asked it before, but does anyone here like ffxiii

dusted off my ps3 a week ago and thought about getting it lol

brent

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:57 am

i didn’t like it at all
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby brent » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:00 am

it definitely seems like the most widely hated in the series, but from what i can tell it's also partly due to linearity which doesn't necessarily bother me. i also really liked playing through ffxii for the first time earlier this year and i think it was not received well initially

brent

Postby Durham » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am

Squall being a much higher level than everyone else is kinda annoying but inevitable given the story. Does any game do battle and party stuff better than FFX?

Durham

Postby my piano » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 am

FFX is the best battle system far and away imo, you can swap party members in battle without losing a turn
loss and gain

my piano

Postby techno beats » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 am

brent wrote:it definitely seems like the most widely hated in the series, but from what i can tell it's also partly due to linearity which doesn't necessarily bother me. i also really liked playing through ffxii for the first time earlier this year and i think it was not received well initially

The storyline in the first one is borderline incomprehensible due to all of the proper nouns they throw around, but I remember thinking the battle system was very fun.

techno beats

Postby Infinite Jost » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:42 am

I started replaying XIII on PC and its....fine
It is definitely the worst since the 8 bit era (and then not counting remakes) but it wasn't as completely hateable as it was the first time
The cast sucks but I like Lightning's design and a lot of the music and environments are gorgeous and the paradigm system is fun when you time a switch just in time to avoid instant KO attacks
I dunno

I still burst out laughing at other "moms are tough" moments that dead goofy wife keeps mentioning
The dialog really is rough but it might be more hilarious now than just annoying

Snow is the single worst FF character ever

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:45 am

Honestly feel bad for the composers that they had to waste some material on that whole trilogy (I will note that I thought Lightning Returns was genuinely good which may invalidate any opinions I have)

Infinite Jost

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:53 am

ff8 day 2 report: the battles are really smooth but I don't want to play the card game really

palmer eldritch

Postby Buddy Knox » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:41 pm

I did all the Triple Triad stuff the first time I played the game but I've avoided it on all subsequent playthroughs because it is just too frustrating.

Buddy Knox

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm

i cheat by just restarting if i lose
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby Viz » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 pm

My Final Fantasy IX playthrough is getting pretty rough and I have to really convince myself to play it through to the end.

I didn't pay attention to the Zombie status so I had no clue why I couldn't use Phoenix Down or Life on dead Eiko.

Random enemies with instant kill attacks are the worst.

I'm pretty far into the story now (I think. I just defeated the boss at the life tree) and I still haven't been given free reign of the map so I can at least try to grind and level up so I wouldn't worry about random instant kill enemies.
Viz

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm

yeah i completely abandoned my last ff9 playthrough because of my kid, feel like it was a lot harder than i remembered, i’ll go back to it after 8
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 am

mcwop23 wrote:i cheat by just restarting if i lose

too much work

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:46 am

day 3 update: I beat the town and I think I graduated or whatever. the battle theme is really good, which is important. overall I like the mechanics and mostly the innovations relative to FF6 and FF7 work. love to obsessively draw spells from enemies (well so far). what really killed FF9 for me is that the battles are just fucking terrible. and the cutscenes just go on forever. mashing text boxes.

palmer eldritch

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm

love junctioning water early
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby brent » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:14 pm

really wish i could get into 8 but it just isn’t clicking at all, i just feel like the battle systems in 7/8/9 are all so antiquated and boring now. maybe i just need a break from ff games

brent

Postby Infinite Jost » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm

mcwop23 wrote:love junctioning water early

nothing compared to tornado :twisted:

Infinite Jost

Postby dusky » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:26 pm

finally playing ff12 for my first time and I’m only like an hour in and feeling so overjoyed. I haven’t felt like this playing a game in a while.

dusky

Postby shame dawg » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 pm

That rules. I love 12, considered buying the switch version on sale even though I’ve already bought it on ps4.

shame dawg

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:51 pm

12 rules
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby Durham » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Viz wrote:My Final Fantasy IX playthrough is getting pretty rough and I have to really convince myself to play it through to the end.

I didn't pay attention to the Zombie status so I had no clue why I couldn't use Phoenix Down or Life on dead Eiko.

Random enemies with instant kill attacks are the worst.

I'm pretty far into the story now (I think. I just defeated the boss at the life tree) and I still haven't been given free reign of the map so I can at least try to grind and level up so I wouldn't worry about random instant kill enemies.

just finished IX and man, it sucks aside from the first disc

Durham

Postby Durham » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:day 3 update: I beat the town and I think I graduated or whatever. the battle theme is really good, which is important. overall I like the mechanics and mostly the innovations relative to FF6 and FF7 work. love to obsessively draw spells from enemies (well so far). what really killed FF9 for me is that the battles are just fucking terrible. and the cutscenes just go on forever. mashing text boxes.

are you doing speed x3 for drawing or sitting through everything?

not loving triple triad is bonkers to me

Durham

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:13 pm

me will never fast forward rpg

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 pm

triple triad is fine but I kept losing my cards and resetting and it just takes too much time

but then on the other hand I beat that dinosaur in the training garden last night and it took forever and had no real point to doing it as far as I can tell

palmer eldritch

Postby Meeps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 pm

If it dropped any Dino bones you can refine them into quakes
Smooth lever mechanism and large press chamber EMPOWER the AVERAGE AMERICAN with minimal grip strength, lessening the food preparation time so that you can FOCUS on creating dishes on par with professional chefs.

Meeps

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....