Official Nintendo Thread - Rise, Monster Hunters

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby Double McDouble » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Man it’s rough when even the Pokémon mastah isn’t excited about the new Pokémon game
Double McDouble

Postby meeshpotato » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Haha

meeshpotato

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:35 am

[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

My videogame collection on Backloggery

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 am

He might listen. I'm sure he's scared since losing the vapebro votes.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby techno beats » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:07 am

The Kotaku review pretty much assured me that I am still gonna have an excellent time with these games. Honestly kind of glad about some of the cuts I’ve read about, should be a pretty fresh experience.

Got Shield pre loaded 8-)

techno beats

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:10 am

I do want to play in the PokeUK, so I may get this whenever they put out the follow up MegaSword or UltraShield editions

or I wonder if they'll turn that into DLC this gen

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 am

This is a crazy week for my switch wishlist, like everything is on sale
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:14 am

they've never done Pokemon DLC before and I wouldn't expect them to start now

john plainman 2

Postby deadbass » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:59 pm

This whole discussion around Sword and Shield has made me realize that I'm the ideal Pokemon fan for GameFreak because I don't care about any of the things they did (in fact I like them cutting the Pokedex) and will probably love the game just like I've loved every other game.

deadbass

Postby gordie blue eyes » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:10 pm

john plainman 2 wrote:
gordie blue eyes wrote:so is luigis mansion 3 a waste of money if i don't have a kid

what do you want out of it?

hey thanks for the post. i missed it

i knew it would be really easy, i guess i just wanted the act of sucking up the ghosts to feel good and varied enough to not get boring over the course of the 15 hours or whatever
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby figaro » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 pm

I've had the real strong urge to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 again lately...its been 10 plus years since I last played either. its like who the hell knows when Nintendo will ever release the damn games on Switch so I started up Prime 1 via Dolphin yesterday and it still rules just as much as I remember all these years later.

figaro

Postby yungboi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Luigi's Mansion 3 to me is just decent. It's nice when I don't want something difficult. I still haven't beaten it but I feel like I'm 80% through? And it's been 11 hours of play. I haven't done co-op with my SO yet but I think that might be where the sweet spot is with LM3.

Whoever recommended Hotline Miami, however, was on point. Because I've never played it before and it's so twisted and addicting.

yungboi

Postby tgk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 pm

figaro wrote:I've had the real strong urge to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 again lately...its been 10 plus years since I last played either. its like who the hell knows when Nintendo will ever release the damn games on Switch so I started up Prime 1 via Dolphin yesterday and it still rules just as much as I remember all these years later.

Oh yeah metroid prime is an all timer

tgk

Postby tgk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 pm

figaro wrote:I've had the real strong urge to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 again lately...its been 10 plus years since I last played either. its like who the hell knows when Nintendo will ever release the damn games on Switch so I started up Prime 1 via Dolphin yesterday and it still rules just as much as I remember all these years later.

Oh yeah metroid prime is an all timer

tgk

Postby kirito » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 pm

yungboi wrote:Luigi's Mansion 3 to me is just decent. It's nice when I don't want something difficult. I still haven't beaten it but I feel like I'm 80% through? And it's been 11 hours of play. I haven't done co-op with my SO yet but I think that might be where the sweet spot is with LM3.

Whoever recommended Hotline Miami, however, was on point. Because I've never played it before and it's so twisted and addicting.

do you like hurting other people?

kirito

Postby john plainman 2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:
john plainman 2 wrote:
gordie blue eyes wrote:so is luigis mansion 3 a waste of money if i don't have a kid

what do you want out of it?

hey thanks for the post. i missed it

i knew it would be really easy, i guess i just wanted the act of sucking up the ghosts to feel good and varied enough to not get boring over the course of the 15 hours or whatever

Honestly, I would pass. maybe redbox it or something if that’s possible? I’m not really far but ghost vacuuming is very rote and I’d have to imagine it will mostly stay that way

john plainman 2

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:31 am

Kenny wrote:This is a crazy week for my switch wishlist, like everything is on sale

Spent too long trying to figure out what games these could be, then remembered this bloke is across the pond, innit

Down n dirty rufus

Postby deadbass » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:33 am

Yeah Kenny lives in the Galar region

deadbass

Postby chairkicker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 am

the ghost sucking isn't very engaging in lm3 but it's not really what the game is about. it's an adventure game at heart

chairkicker

Postby pzadvance » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:06 am

LM3 rules, y’all are nuts

pzadvance

Postby Kenny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 am

Down n dirty rufus wrote:
Kenny wrote:This is a crazy week for my switch wishlist, like everything is on sale

Spent too long trying to figure out what games these could be, then remembered this bloke is across the pond, innit

I was looking at a list online then I got home and realized it s only two games. It was Moonlighter and the second South Park game. I bought Moonlighters but decided I didn't really want Fractured But Whole and deleted it from my list

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Esteban » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 am

Off to a good start lol

Esteban

Postby deadbass » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Man... Pokemon is so good. New Pokemon are great (except the starters) and the wild area is really interesting. Game actually looks nicer than I thought it would given all the talk about it before release (although it stands in pretty stark comparison to something like Luigi's Mansion). Camping and cooking curry are really doing it for me.

RE: the save glitch - the Switch doesn't put save games on your SD card so that glitch (while bad) doesn't affect your save games. It means you'll have to redownload the games on the SD card if it occurs though.

deadbass

Postby lockheed » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm only a few hours in, but sword rules so far. Got the lil fire dude, slowly making my way on the pokedex mission. I haven't been able to find anyone else online with this one glitch where if I run I constantly whistle so I am stopping every 10 ft to whistle and its driving me crazy, but I could just be running wrong.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.

lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby fester » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:24 pm

So it might delete all my installed games from SD card but not the save data?
------------

fester

Postby deadbass » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Correct. You can redownload them if that happens (this absolutely sucks if you have more than like 20 gigs installed). Just turn off autosaving in the options for now as that seems to be the trigger for the glitch to happen.

deadbass

Postby Kuboaa » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm

wish I could play this but amazon sent my pre-order via UPS who promptly fucked up and now it's expected on Wednesday, I am tempted to just buy it digitally and return the physical copy when it eventually arrives

Kuboaa

Postby meeshpotato » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:38 pm

mine just arrived

meeshpotato

Postby Kuboaa » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:43 pm

was it in Hodgkins this morning?

Kuboaa

Postby ashtrayheart » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:43 pm

metroid prime fucking rules

ashtrayheart

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise