You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:17 pm

MaYoR pEtE

palmer eldritch

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:daily kos adjacent types seem to have turned on pete so thats amusing

yeah all my warren-ite DC buddies hate his fucking guts

it rules tbh

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:11 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:12 pm

Medicare for who all the want it

tgk

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:28 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:

it's insane it took her this long to do something like this

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm

fight fight fight

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:45 pm

If we go to a contested convention there's no way in hell they give it to Bernie so he needs to win outright.

tgk

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:fight fight fight

seems pretty smart to get your candidate who can't talk about what he did during his time at evil corp into a transparency fight, you absolute dumbfuck
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby furrowed brow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Lis Smith is fast becoming a legendary shitshow dumbass

furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Just soaring into those esteemed ranks to sit amongst the likes of Ben Carson, Michael Tracey and Scott Baio.

furrowed brow

Postby bruceagain » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

god bless her for it
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby snuggle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 pm

my piano wrote:
screaming emphysema wrote:

Please go away forever you piece of shit!

you hurt yourself by not even bothering to campaign in the entire upper midwest you fucking moron

Bern hurt myself today
It’s in my sad email
Won’t focus on campaign
I been berned for real

You can have it all
While I live in a yurt
He has let me down
I have felt the BERN

snuggle

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 pm

tgk wrote:If we go to a contested convention there's no way in hell they give it to Bernie so he needs to win outright.

did you know he has the most dnc member endorsements of any candidate

palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Can't trust Tom Perez in that situation. Gonna dq bern on the technicality of him not being a democrat.

tgk

Postby Lowercase Tea » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:
Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:fight fight fight

seems pretty smart to get your candidate who can't talk about what he did during his time at evil corp into a transparency fight, you absolute dumbfuck

It’s this kind of shit that will ultimately destroy Mayo Pete in the end.
Lowercase Tea

Postby furrowed brow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Mayo Pete will lose in this scuffle with Liz cuz she's taller

furrowed brow

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm

The silver lining of Pete's run is that it greatly increased public perception/awareness of what McKinsey actually is

I would imagine there are plenty of people there who aren't too fond of him now

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:02 am

lol i missed this earlier from buttigieg's press sec

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 am

The backpack kid rapid response guy got into a dumb pissing match about some inane shit with fucking Lawrence O'Donnell tonight

They're all fucking insane

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby auspice » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 am

not the biggest fan of Cenk but good golly did this very good tweet bring out insane Clinton stans

lol I remember all of my liberal friends in NYC/LA trying to vote in the 2016 primaries only to find out they had been mysteriously deregistered, Clinton and the DNC can eat shit

auspice

Postby auspice » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 am

also "lied to his supporters about his chances of winning," hmmmm that must have left an impression on Clinton considering the presidential campaign of hers that followed.

auspice

Postby big zorb » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 am

Well cuz it seems like he has more of it and because he has better positions on foreign policy and the green new deal[/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong but she’s not that far behind him right?

Agreed on the second point but there are probably some policy areas where ppl are right to prefer Liz too. Does Bernie have a plan for universal child care for instance?[/quote]
Both of their ambitions are outside the lines of what is possible within the confines of the current system. The argument for Liz is that she is the more skillful operator of the two and would be more effective at creating change given these constraints. The argument for Bernie is that he is uniquely capable of stirring up the masses to overwhelm the system and brute force bend it to his will. I support Liz because of their two theories of change, I find hers to be the more convincing reason for being elected to the office of President in 2020. Foreign policy is the area where there is more freedom to differentiate but besides the Israeli aid conditioning (which Liz now supports i think) I'm not too sure of what concrete differences there would be between a President Sanders and a President Warren here. I see a lot of "Bernie expresses solidarity with Latin America leftist leaders" takes but I'd be interested to hear Bernie talk more about how far he would actually go and what he would actually do. The anti-authoritarian finger-wagging is all well and good, but can we expect him to send CIA goons into Brazil to assassinate Bolsonaro? Or will those tools be put away? We're in a time of existential crises.[/quote]

I think this is a good post and a great argument for Liz. I think that Liz approaches things from a 20th century liberalism POV (I don't mean that negatively, there are lots of really brilliant, truly liberal 20th century thinkers and she is definitely the smartest person in any room she is in) and bernie approaches things from a Marxist POV and that matters to me. But I think your framing of things is, like I said, pretty spot on and, again, a great argument for Liz.

I think that reducing options to basically do nothing about American imperialism in Latin America or assassinate Bolsonaro is pretty reductionist and ignores the role that american powers play in fomenting and assisting in the coups that have historically put fascists in Latin America in power in the first place, and I don't think the one presidential candidate who has given a speech purely dedicated to talking about American imperialism in Latin America would continue that practice.[/quote]
Hey sorb, thanks, I appreciate your response!

I was being ridiculous talking about assassinating Bolsonaro, but what I was actually getting at is those American power players have been very effective at destroying leftist movements from growing internationally, so how far would a Sanders foreign policy reorientation go in utilizing those same tools but for leftist aims. Like, would we see a leftist OAS fucking with fascist regimes and elections or would we put those tools away? I guess this is getting into the area of “good” imperialism though. It just seems like there is a very real and dangerous and existential ideological fight taking place globally, so what tools get put back in the toolkit? If it’s just statements of solidarity, I could very well see Liz getting there as well. She also seems to have a more involved vision for America’s role as a global leader than Bernie does, even if his ideology is further left than hers. I don’t know if what I’m saying is making any sense.[/quote]

It's definitely a reading the tea leaves thing. I can only trust that Berie means what he says.

But if I can do a post, we can't fix capitalism. We can't reform it. That attempt happened in 2008 and ended with bankers paying themselves. There is no way to fix a system that will not work.

If we don't confront the climate crisis we will all die. There is one candidate accepting that. I know that a lot of people want to get back to normal but it will never be normal. Whatever idea you have of normal is dead and over. We need to be honest about the environmental threat facing us and there is only one candidate facing it.

A lot of the problems we have created abroad are capital-based. We should stop interfering.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby surly » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 am

given all that broken bb code, you cannot do a post!
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby big zorb » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 am

Yeah it's bad dude

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 am

The post is good though surly

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby loaf angel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:22 am

is tgk horny for a contested convention or something? only boarder to mention it almost on a weekly basis
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby shark week » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 am

loaf angel wrote:is tgk horny for a contested convention or something? only boarder to mention it almost on a weekly basis

he wants entertainment

tgk wrote:You'd think with such an open field the entertainment value would be high for this primary, the wide lanes with no established frontrunner, that's what gave us the the most memorable lineup of candidates ever in the 2016 R primary; trump carson jeb ted cruz rubio huckabee chris christie it was total chaos every debate and must see tv. Now we finally get a chance for some fun and it's boring ass billionaires and the mayor of south bend
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby furrowed brow » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:15 am

Policy wise Bernie is basically a soc dem. He’s not talking about overthrowing capitalism, you are and you’re projecting that on to him

furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:24 am

Like saying we can’t reform capitalism and then voting for Bernie sanders, like what? Put your money where your mouth is and blow up a hospital or two.

furrowed brow

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....