You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby futurist » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:01 pm

damn zonker meant to text u when i was at V Room last

futurist

Postby Barthes Starr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:35 pm

damn just heard on LA podcast that LAPD shot and killed a homeless man on saturday like 5 min walk from my apt, on venice blvd under the 405. saw a bunch of massive dump trucks posted up there throughout the weekend, but assumed it was just one of the sweeps they do every few months. fuck

Barthes Starr

Postby bat house » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Yeah heard that too, it's very sad. I know some of the people living in tents next to my apartment in Thai Town who get constantly harassed by police —a couple times I helped talk a person down while they were having an episode just so the LAPD didn't get called on them. Every few weeks they get cleared out, lose their stuff and have to rebuild.

On a more positive note I did my first canvassing for Nithya Raman last Sunday in Silver Lake and really enjoyed it. Knocked on doors and had conversations with several very receptive people and met plenty others who were happy to look at the materials. I would encourage anyone to join in whether or not you live in council district four. It really helps to inform people that we're in an unusual year when the California Democratic primary is happening at the same time (with an 11 day voting window!) so there's a good shot of ousting an incumbent position when usually city council members are elected by about 5% of registered voters.

https://nithyaforthecity.com/signup

Also was glad to hear how many people had got involved because of Hayes Davenport (Intern).

bat house

Postby ZONKER666 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm

futurist wrote:damn zonker meant to text u when i was at V Room last

I have a new number! Text me on the old one and when I'm off work tonight I'll hit you back with my main non-bill collection line :twisted:

ZONKER666

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:37 am

bat house im going tonight (tuesday) to get trained to canvas solo (my hours dont allow for the typical canvasing times) and im v excited

lets gooo
frito pie country wrote:you stand accused of having a really nice time

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since

death is my amigo
ok

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm

port wrote:Go to Jitlada!

I got the jungle curry crispy pork, I feel like a changed person
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby Barthes Starr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:06 pm

anyone hit up northern thai food club yet? dyin to go, been hearin crazy good things

Barthes Starr

Postby port » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 am

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:
port wrote:Go to Jitlada!

I got the jungle curry crispy pork, I feel like a changed person

Nice, I'm glad you liked it!!

Northern Thai Food Club is right by my boyfriend's place, gonna have to check it out when I'm there soon.

port

Postby joe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:01 am

I haven't gone back to Jitlada since I went mostly veg. do they have good 'southern style' veg stuff?

joe

Postby Barthes Starr » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:43 am

joe wrote:I haven't gone back to Jitlada since I went mostly veg. do they have good 'southern style' veg stuff?

their 'southern curry' is my fav thing on the menu

Barthes Starr

Postby high bias » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Barthes Starr wrote:anyone hit up northern thai food club yet? dyin to go, been hearin crazy good things

went here a couple weeks ago, and it was solid. the northern pork curry was probably my favorite thing we ordered. everything is absurdly cheap

high bias

Postby saranclaps » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:47 am

This is late but gonna avoid women's march tomorrow after they refused to invite black lives matter but are letting Garcetti and Caitlyn Jenner speak.

There's a smaller match in Burbank that has nothing to do with the one downtown
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Gonna get real stoned at the beach today
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby hologram » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 pm

What beach?

hologram
acid casualty

Postby hologram » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Good weather, good clouds, good day

hologram
acid casualty

Postby death is my amigo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Hell yeah

No specific point but maybe someone else will get as much of a kick as i do out of this old Weekly article i found

https://www.laweekly.com/no-more-free-wifi-at-bourgeois-pig-is-this-the-end-of-coffee-shop-community/
frito pie country wrote:you stand accused of having a really nice time

REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since

death is my amigo
ok

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

I think santa Monica/venice is the plan

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby hologram » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:20 pm

More people than water there but worth a stoned Saturday

I prefer Hermosa/RAT beach area, less crowded

Saw Ariel Pink at Homestate just now, said hi

hologram
acid casualty

Postby auspice » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:08 am

Who felt the jolt-quake?

auspice

Postby Tetradyne » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:17 am

I was banished from East Hollywood and now I live in El Sereno and I love it. I'm off Thursday and Friday this week, let's chill. Who wants to make friendship?

Tetradyne

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 am

nice, welcome to the sgv. el sereno is a good choice

I'm back to looking for a place if anyone knows of a studio or 1bdr $1100 or less, preferably in the sgv, let me know

fb marketplace and craigs are brutal, get depressed looking through those listings
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am

or maybe a tiny pod next to 12 people in some silly hippie artist colony
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Barthes Starr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am

auspice wrote:Who felt the jolt-quake?

dang i felt this while laying in bed but assumed it was just a big truck rolling by which also tends to rattle our apt

Barthes Starr

Postby Tetradyne » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 am

Brouhaha wrote:or maybe a tiny pod next to 12 people in some silly hippie artist colony

Dude I looked at a few places like this they were so fucked up. One smelt like straight BO and was painted with all these hideously tacky murals of the joker and poorly done banksy stuff. It was like a twilight zone episode in there, I saw like a dozen people but only the back of their heads. The best one I saw like that was through up(st)art. I was on a tour with another dude and we had fun goofing off with the guide, but the tour ended on an ominous note when we asked this Norwegian guy what it was like and he said “don’t do it, they’ll go through your stuff and laugh in your face while they do it.”

The room I went with rules and I pay 950. I found it on trulia. Zillow was also helpful, just download the apps and blast through when your sitting around or whatever. My second choice was a spot I found on Craigslist for 899 or something, but it was tiny. Would have been cool to have rooftop access in dtla and live within a mile of my work though, but I’m glad I didn’t go with it.

Tetradyne

Postby hologram » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm

I think they’re taking the tents down wtf I just saw this

hologram
acid casualty

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Yeah, they’ve been doing a lot of broad sweeps this week and tossing people’s belongings. It’s infuriating.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:50 am

make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby variegated reality » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Amoeba found a new spot at 6200 Hollywood Blvd

variegated reality

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Did that used to be a yogurtland?
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby variegated reality » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 pm

lol

variegated reality

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....