Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:27 pm

is this just a list, or is this a news thread too?

AFL-CIO in Pittsburgh is opposing Summer Lee's reelection to the PA house. Seems fucked up:

http://paydayreport.com/pittsburgh-afl-cio-opposes-1st-black-woman-state-rep-from-western-pa-in-re-election/

Julius Sumner Miller

Postby Chyet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm

You can use the thread how you feel, I completely and sincerely made it for the benefit of the board and, if the list comes together, to share outwardly

using it for news could help flesh out some of the sub-congressional stuff which is basically non existent
ad astra per alia porci/death from a dove/and hell is dark

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:32 pm

i should also emphasize that I'm coming down on the conservative side of the M4A, GND judgement. Given that geography will limit your rhetoric, i know, I feel bad leaving some people off. There are people on here that are borderline on these issues, or they are to the right of these issues and have harder pans irt racial justice, veterans rights, etc. I'm not taking them off the list, and its not a mark against them. Some have aggressive platforms that just stop short.

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:33 pm

it takes a lot longer to skim a 100 web pages and edit a document than i remember

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 pm

going to cook dinner and watch the results now but I added the Justice Democrats endorsements and I've went through about half of the candidates to note whether they support GND and M4A

Chyet

Postby Bob511 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Manley just retweeted yesterday with the GND as part of his pitch, for what it's worth.

(I also don't know if it's worth clarifying that FL-94 is a state house district, not a federal primary.)
Last edited by Bob511 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby joe » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:13 am

joe

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:19 am

wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby shankly » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 am

might as well give my thoughts on some NC races since i'm doing my own downballot research and early voting starts tomorrow:

US Senate: Erica Smith - supports GND, wishy-washy about M4A. conservative PACs are running ads that make her sound cooler than she actually is, but she's better than Cal Cunningham on the issues. Doesn't have a great fundraising apparatus and might be shaky on "electability" but it's a primary and i'll vote for the candidate i like.

NC11: Michael O'Shea - M4A, GND, Abolish ICE, openly supports Bernie. Best candidate in a weak field of dems running for Mark Meadows old seat. Moe Davis is the presumptive favorite; he's a corny MSNBC talking head who was a prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay and moved to the district last year to run for the seat. Gina Collias ran in 2016 as a Republican in another district, Steve Woodsmall is basically running a vanity campaign. Phillip Price was the 2018 candidate who lost by 20 points in a slightly more GOP-friendly map. Still a very red district in the new map despite getting all of Buncombe County (Asheville).

NC Senate 49: Ben Scales - GND, cannabis legalization, medicaid expansion, lawyer who has represented local activists from Occupy, BLM
NC Senate 48 (not my district, but covers southern Buncombe & Henderson County): Cristal Figueroa - Abolish ICE, expand medicaid

Buncombe County Commissioner, District 3: Parker Sloan - more funding for public transit, affordable housing, local infrastructure over tourism & development
shankly

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 pm

if I was the leader of some sort of group focused on electing squad types I would start laying the groundwork for 2022 now. redistricting year. lots of open seats (much easier to win). no divided attention with the pres race. bernie is gonna suck up all the money and volunteer time.

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm

I"m sure there are lots of opportunities to do good work at the state legislature and city council level this year tho

palmer eldritch

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:34 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:if I was the leader of some sort of group focused on electing squad types

buddy, you are

speaking of city council types, tho: janeese lewis george is running for a ward 4 seat here in dc, where each councilperson represents ~100k people or so. she's pro-m4a, can't find anything on her green new deal thoughts. DSA-endorsed. and most importantly she's running against a close ally of our shitty bloomberg-endorsing mayor

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby separator » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:19 pm

She's an AmeriCorps alum : )

separator

Postby alaska » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 pm

shankly wrote:NC11: Michael O'Shea - M4A, GND, Abolish ICE, openly supports Bernie. Best candidate in a weak field of dems running for Mark Meadows old seat. Moe Davis is the presumptive favorite; he's a corny MSNBC talking head who was a prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay and moved to the district last year to run for the seat. Gina Collias ran in 2016 as a Republican in another district, Steve Woodsmall is basically running a vanity campaign. Phillip Price was the 2018 candidate who lost by 20 points in a slightly more GOP-friendly map. Still a very red district in the new map despite getting all of Buncombe County (Asheville).

:!:
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool

alaska

Postby trouble » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm

thanks for this chyet
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
ride.

Postby Chyet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 pm

:) ty

I didn't do any work today, giving myself a break. Seems silly but I did maybe 4 hours of work on it yesterday and I bet most people couldn't notice!

the list though, it's bad ass.
I search around once a day trying to find a better list. But what I've found has already been absorbed. I'm going to do a long day tomorrow and try to finish the (GND/M4A) notations and try to get links to their twitters and campaign pages in there. might take a couple days

Chyet

Postby Ebbnflo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 pm

Who is running for Katie Hill's vacant seat?

Ebbnflo

Postby Barthes Starr » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:39 pm

joe wrote:LA County primary voters:

https://www.dsa-la.org/2020_primary_voter_guide

thanks for this
also a good rundown on this week's LA Podcast

Barthes Starr

Postby shark week » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:04 am

not looking good for either of the left candidates in CA-53 - seems like Gomez is running slightly better

Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby important dentist » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:51 pm

just saw this thread (my eyes just glaze over the stickies)
thanks for doing this chyet

do you know anything about sema hernandez (tx sen)? i'm having the hardest time figuring out what i'm going to do on this race. my immediate choice was christina but several people i know have worked with her professionally and do not have good things to say about her. (apparently she tried to stop the worker's defense project staff from unionizing - lol). sema hasn't been getting a lot of press but i read a story about her today and she seems cool.

also i got to meet heidi sloan a couple weekends ago but i just moved about two blocks out of her district unfortunately
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."

important dentist

Postby Chyet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 pm

a community organizer that worked on The Poor People's Campaign in Texas. Has a really excellent set of issues including Green New Deal and Medicare for All, enforce treaties. Vague about immigration reform but (?) probably "Abolish ICE" doesn't when a Texas senate seat. I don't really know about viability, maybe well positioned to benefit from a Sanders bump in TX

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 pm

I don't know this much about everyone on this list but I've skimmed her website couple times before and follow on twitter

Chyet

Postby theta » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 am

im working on the rose emoji list and on adding a bunch of new people from an updated reddit list

how would you prefer i give you the info to edit op? post it here? or i could share a google doc? do you want a list inclusive of everything so it can be wholesale copy pasted into op or just the relevant new info?
big zorb wrote:If you don't have a combination of

A) a need to walk around all the time
B) a real hatred of capital and
C) real bad depression

I don't think I understand you tbh

theta

Postby Chyet » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 pm

theta wrote:im working on the rose emoji list and on adding a bunch of new people from an updated reddit list

how would you prefer i give you the info to edit op? post it here? or i could share a google doc? do you want a list inclusive of everything so it can be wholesale copy pasted into op or just the relevant new info?

a google doc might be good! I should get it editable by more people than myself anyways. ty ty

Chyet

Postby Chyet » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Theta did a ton of work to help get this up to speed

Chyet

Postby theta » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm

i guess ted terry is not running for ga senate. he is running for dekalb super commissioner instead. if anyone spots other mistakes pls post here!
big zorb wrote:If you don't have a combination of

A) a need to walk around all the time
B) a real hatred of capital and
C) real bad depression

I don't think I understand you tbh

theta

Postby FourLegsGood » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Good thread, thanks Chyet and Theta
#weirdnight

FourLegsGood

Postby Hal Jordan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Someone in my hood has a heidi (dsa candidate) yard sign next to a bloomberg yard sign and uuuhhh
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby delgriffith » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:13 pm

This thread rules, thank you Chyet!

delgriffith

Postby Bernie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 pm

Thanks for this thread y’all!!

As far as the NC senate race goes I think Erica Smith should probably be removed from this list and Trevor Fuller should be the candidate folks are voting for in the primary. She’s pro-charter school, not in favor of M4A (as far as I can see), and has ties to corporate PAC money and lied about it.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article239173048.html

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....