Streaming recommendations (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle?)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby helix krull » Fri May 22, 2020 11:38 am

saranclaps wrote:
mellowgold wrote:saranclaps are u going to watch The Eddy
as long as the metacritic is above 50 sure.

helix krull

Postby saranclaps » Fri May 22, 2020 11:46 am

I watched ten minutes of the eddy before I got tired of chazelle trying to be Paul green grass
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby super gas » Fri May 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Hugh wrote:
Hugh wrote:I guess I should cancel the $15/month HBO I pay for through Verizon and sign up for this Max shit that is 11.99/month for the first year?

https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/hbo-max-adds-altice-usa-verizon-cox-and-more-to-distribution-list

Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony and Verizon have joined AT&T, Apple, Charter, Google, Hulu and YouTube TV in offering HBO Max to their customers when the service launches May 27.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-max-warnermedia-roku-amazon-fire-tv-1234611730/

WarnerMedia’s HBO Max talks with Amazon, meanwhile, could be at an impasse. Under existing agreements, HBO Now has been available on Fire TV platforms for nearly five years (and HBO subscriptions are available as an option through Amazon Prime Video Channels).

At an investment conference on May 13, AT&T incoming CEO John Stankey said, “I’m pleased to say we’re going to be in virtually all app stores” with HBO Max at launch — with “maybe one exception. It looks like we may not be in the Amazon Fire app store when all of this is said and done.”

Beyond rev-share terms for HBO Max, holdouts like Roku and Amazon — which together had 69% market share of U.S. OTT households in early 2019, Parks Associates estimated — are objecting to WarnerMedia’s push to have current HBO customers switch to HBO Max apps. That would mean current HBO customers who get the service through the Roku Channel or Prime Video Channels will be forced to move to the HBO Max app to get the expanded bucket of content — and thus leave the Roku and Amazon integrated video environments.

bah i guess i am sticking regular hbo.

super gas

Postby qmass » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

I think someone said it, but UPLOAD was good balm streaming, the comedic counterpoint to DEVS, which I also liked.
Normal People is good too, but I'm at a loss right now.

qmass

Postby super gas » Fri May 22, 2020 10:44 pm

mythic quest quarantine episode was surprisingly relatable and good.

super gas

Postby unome » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 am

Loving Upload on Amazon Prime right now. We’re on episode 5 and there have been a number of laugh out loud moments and it’s pretty endearing.

unome

Postby pana » Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 am

this comic book adaptation looks like it could be dumb fun

pana

Postby mellowgold » Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 am

saranclaps wrote:I watched ten minutes of the eddy before I got tired of chazelle trying to be Paul green grass

LMFAO
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby mellowgold » Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 am

i got 3 eps in. just not what i want to be watching rn
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold

Postby saranclaps » Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Wrong Missy is much better than I would've ever expected. Lauren Lapkus kills it.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby davideotape » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 pm

yeah its fun and really just because of her. and man, everyone else except her is OLD. David Spades pushing 60, at least that was addressed i guess? but man theres a VANILLA ICE gag in it ffs.
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby pana » Sun May 24, 2020 5:36 am

Upload was a very easy watch

pana

Postby Franco » Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 am

davideotape wrote:yeah its fun and really just because of her. and man, everyone else except her is OLD. David Spades pushing 60, at least that was addressed i guess? but man theres a VANILLA ICE gag in it ffs.

In fairness, Ice has been a running gag in the Happy Madison-verse for years now.

Franco

Postby mellowgold » Sun May 24, 2020 8:29 am

ya The Wrong Missy is ... really good. just what the doctor ordered....

I Know This Much is True episode 2....phew...the leftovers-level of bleakness.

mellowgold

Postby Arturo » Sun May 24, 2020 4:31 pm

saranclaps wrote:Wrong Missy is much better than I would've ever expected. Lauren Lapkus kills it.

This is one of the stupidest and funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. Doesn’t deserve all those negative reviews

Arturo

Postby auspice » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

is it weird that I'm actually kinda excited for HBO Max? I already have HBO Now and use it through my PS4 so Wednesday it's basically just gonna get a huge upgrade and an actual film library and I don't have to do anything but download the new Max app since HBO Now subscribers automatically get Max

auspice

Postby screaming emphysema » Sun May 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Arturo wrote:
saranclaps wrote:Wrong Missy is much better than I would've ever expected. Lauren Lapkus kills it.

This is one of the stupidest and funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. Doesn’t deserve all those negative reviews

It is exactly what you want it to be when your just looking for a dumb comedy flic. Hit the spot really nicely

screaming emphysema

Postby auspice » Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 pm

screaming emphysema wrote:
Arturo wrote:

It is exactly what you want it to be when your just looking for a dumb comedy flic. Hit the spot really nicely

I feel like I've had those types of movies spoiled for me ever since I watched Wet Hot American Summer & its prequel/sequel series, that whole thing hit my "lol so random!" funny bone in a way that nothing else has since.

not sure if anything other than Nathan For You has ever made me laugh as hard as scenes like these

Last edited by auspice on Sun May 24, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

auspice

Postby soft milk » Sun May 24, 2020 6:12 pm

the wrong missy rules
you are only coming through in waves

soft milk

Postby loaf angel » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm

what horrors await in tonight's episode of I Know This To Be True?
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sun May 24, 2020 11:00 pm

Just busted up laughing at how fucking dark the Penny Anne story to open the episode was. Off to a riveting start!
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby Repo » Mon May 25, 2020 4:10 pm

anybody watching mrs. america? can't recommend it enough

Repo

Postby Grey Poupon » Tue May 26, 2020 6:45 am

soft milk wrote:the wrong missy rules

Yeah I can't believe the critical pile on
There are so many truly shit films but this is harmless Sandler formulaic fun
The first 20 minutes or so was super super funny, the rest less so but I love a good 90 minute comedy that doesn't overstay its welcome
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby Robo-Chachi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:06 am

This isn’t going to be like when a couple of people recommended Wine Country, is it?

Robo-Chachi

Postby Repo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 am

I thought the wrong missy was terrible, one of the worst movies I can remember,
the plot was absolutely awful, I tried to suspend my credibility but failed miserably
and this is coming from somebody that's enjoyed most of the last adam sandler's productions

Repo

Postby davideotape » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

the wrong missy is both terrible as a movie and hilarious as a showcase for lauren lapkus
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby pana » Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm

weird. was wondering yesterday why i haven't seen Hurley from LOST in anything in like a decade (maybe 1-2 tv episodes of other shows in the early 2010s) and here he is, sitting right next to Spade on a flight to Hawaii

i guess he's been a regular on Hawaii Five-0 for 7 years now and he's worked with Sandler and Kevin Hart on movies i skipped

pana

Postby bongo » Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm

did we ever determine if "crackle" is real? im leaning no still
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Robo-Chachi » Tue May 26, 2020 3:44 pm

You can only view Crackle on (older) Delta airliners. However, that licensing agreement ends in 2025.

Robo-Chachi

Postby super gas » Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm

so Run ending got me from really liking the show to hating it. if it's really cancelled now then what the fuck was the point of making that show

super gas

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....