Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Milk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Milk wrote:

Still the most worthwhile thing you can teach your child is to be overly confident.

And i would add, falsely modest. They won't REALLY be modest but if they can have loads of confidence and SEEM like they're modest, it's a really winning combo.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby mooncalf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 pm

I think in public I project way more confidence than I actually have because people tell me sometimes that I seem like a confident person. I constantly second guess myself and internally I'm quite anxious. Especially when things are going really well, I feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Two nights ago I was awake at 2am googling "late onset mental illness".
mooncalf

Postby Milk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:29 am

mooncalf wrote:I think in public I project way more confidence than I actually have because people tell me sometimes that I seem like a confident person. I constantly second guess myself and internally I'm quite anxious. Especially when things are going really well, I feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Two nights ago I was awake at 2am googling "late onset mental illness".

Not confidence but it took me a long time in life to learn that a lot of people's perception of me was that i was snobbish or too cool for them because im not overly expressive.. I have (always never) felt too cool for anybody in my life. It's usually quite the opposite. my point i guess is your perception of yourself and what you actually project can be quite different.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Jeremy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:46 am

The most worthwhile thing to teach your kid is to use sorcery to control the weather, or else real-estate law.
Jeremy

Postby Milk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 am

well if im honest, speaking only personally of course, the most valuable thing you can teach a kid is to SHUT THE FUCK UP. :)
Milk

Postby Milk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 am

especially when the adults are talking, of course.
Milk

Postby pantsoclock » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 am

You know how you get the robots stuck guarding each other to get the doll in Geno Dome? That's why we always have to make sure we have at least one white dude from our team in contentious meetings.
Usually me.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy
pantsoclock

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:48 am

Tall, White, Loud, that's me

Dane Cook

AMA
heven’s full of merderers
DasLofGang

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:48 am

this 19 year old is so luxurious
DasLofGang

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 am

talking about my truck AYYYYYYYYY ;)
DasLofGang

Postby Chester Minute » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 am

jewels wrote:i've told a bunch of people that I was the best rapper in the world, but I didn't really mean it.

But what if you are
Chester Minute

Postby Chester Minute » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 am

Oops I woke up super confident today
Chester Minute

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 am

anyone want to listen to some Classic Rock
DasLofGang

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:58 am

thinkin a lil sandstone, maybe mix some granite in there
DasLofGang

Postby i am rich » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 am

its certainly weird, chad. my answer is basically the title to this song:
i am rich

Postby shark week » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:48 am

is confidence good or bad?
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it
shark week

Postby Chester Minute » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:48 am

Neutral

It's what you DO with it
Chester Minute

Postby shark week » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 am

this whole time i thought confidence was bad

i am confident about hating confidence
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it
shark week

Postby i am rich » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 am

i think question face is actually correct
i am rich

Postby shark week » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 am

even quiet confidence bothers me

when and where is it appropriate to use a confident demeanor as opposed to a neutral demeanor?
shark week

Postby i am rich » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:12 am

i dunno im speaking from a place as a person with high anxiety/social issues so having developed more confidence as ive gotten older has definitely been a good thing
im not talkin like closing the big account every day type of confidence
i am rich

Postby Grumby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:21 am

most of us have to be somewhat confident (or pretend too) in order to, like, not be thrown under the bus and shitted on by everybody. even if we're not really confident. it's all a game! a sheltered game of the mind
Grumby

Postby i am rich » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:22 am

yes, society is a hole
i am rich

Postby mancubz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:31 am

men are so fragile i think just so many of them are too dumb to recognize the fragility in each other so they just reify it, thinkin, 'oh wow this guy is so confident! like at least as confident as IIIIII seem to be, so he must be sooooo on top of shit! finance! sports coat! goal-based conversations and interactions!'
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby mancubz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am

stop me if you've heard this one but at my last school, one of my coworkers was SO confident that he told me my name was what HE said it was, not what I said it was!
my principal also made some 'team building' game thing where according to him all the men were lions because they were in charge of pride ! i told him it was a sexist game and he told me i was really proving myself to be not a lion, so i told him that if he wanted to say i was matriarchal he shoulda just called me a lemur and he was all, 'what, why??? haven't you seen zootopia?'
fuck that dude
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby i am rich » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:42 am

wow that fuckin sucks
i am rich

Postby mancubz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:48 am

wait no not zootopia, the one with the animals that's older?? MADAGASCAR!!!
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby mancubz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:48 am

wow i had to ask my bf what it was called!!! dang men strike again!!!!
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby mancubz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:49 am

aka i drank a bottle down by the river but i think it's okay here!
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby medicore bob dole gimmick » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:54 am

mancubz wrote:men are so fragile i think just so many of them are too dumb to recognize the fragility in each other so they just reify it, thinkin, 'oh wow this guy is so confident! like at least as confident as IIIIII seem to be, so he must be sooooo on top of shit! finance! sports coat! goal-based conversations and interactions!'

i wonder if really confident people don't have the metanarrative running through their head
do all interactions need an over-arching interpretation?
or if they have mastered the metanarrative to serve their needs (i am a rockstar. that was a gamechanger.)
does reflexive acknowledging that an interaction with someone is douchey and why it's douchey serve my best interest?
i think the emotional reaction to an encounter is valuable (what a douche!) and instinctual, but the contemplative life (how has the world created this interaction and what are it's problems and how could it be improved?) may not be valuable most of the time

<-- not confident
medicore bob dole gimmick

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....