Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby compatibility mode » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:08 am

I found a box of tissue I keep in the classroom for snotty kids so our butts are saved!

compatibility mode

Postby tarantula » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:22 am

i can't remember if yr into mysticism or not compatibility mode

but od'ing on clean air, drinking clean water, and deep sleep are the mystically alleged foundations of a victorious immune system

http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf

tarantula

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 am

is that site run by dogs

Ferrous Bueller

Postby iacus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:32 pm

tarantula wrote:i can't remember if yr into mysticism or not compatibility mode

but od'ing on clean air, drinking clean water, and deep sleep are the mystically alleged foundations of a victorious immune system

http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf

That's such a fucking stupid way of saying that breathing clean air, drinking clean water, and sleeping well are all healthy things to do.
(there was a hyperbole)

iacus

Postby chimp » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:42 pm

doctors hate these weird tricks - number three will surprise you!

chimp

Postby iacus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Breathing clean air? Healthy for you? In this economy?
(there was a hyperbole)

iacus

Postby chimp » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:45 pm

compatibility mode wrote:People have generally been stocking up like crazy for a while now. We had a bunch of groceries after we got back from our trip that my gfs dad bought, but they have basically run out.

We can order groceries and delivery food via various apps, then when they arrive the property management will bring it to your door, at which point you can open the door and accept the stuff. Though, our complex is literally situated on top of Walmart and we tried to use their delivery service yesterday and no one accepted our delivery order.

Currently OK on food but we are completely out of toilet paper.

good luck compatibility mode. reading this it sounds like food supply might cause difficulty with maintaining the quarantine - is this your feeling?

chimp

Postby Lil Gugger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Good air, good water, good sleep.
These are the voyages of the star ship Enterprise.

Lil Gugger

Postby This Guy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Two shots of crown, a shot of NyQuil, and 12 hours of sleep will cure anything

This Guy

Postby compatibility mode » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:15 pm

I don't think there's any reason to be rude to tarantula.

compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 pm

chimp wrote:
compatibility mode wrote:People have generally been stocking up like crazy for a while now. We had a bunch of groceries after we got back from our trip that my gfs dad bought, but they have basically run out.

We can order groceries and delivery food via various apps, then when they arrive the property management will bring it to your door, at which point you can open the door and accept the stuff. Though, our complex is literally situated on top of Walmart and we tried to use their delivery service yesterday and no one accepted our delivery order.

Currently OK on food but we are completely out of toilet paper.

good luck compatibility mode. reading this it sounds like food supply might cause difficulty with maintaining the quarantine - is this your feeling?

The food supply in the Walmart below my apartment is doing fine, but the day before my complex instituted the entry/exit ticketing system they were completely cleaned out. Almost no processed cold foods, fresh meat or produce. There were literally hundreds of boxes of one flavor of instant noodles. When I went a couple days later things were more normal.

Our trouble is more with the delivery service. I think Walmart is either suspending their official delivery service and the meituan delivery guys were unwilling or unable to accept that order because it was too heavy or not within the parameters of “safe delivery” as set by their company currently.

That's my guess at least.

compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:25 am

My two friends watched as a building in their complex entered into the next level of quarantine. 3 cases were found "from people returning from hubei and not registering" and people showed up in hazmat suits and locked down the entire 35 floor building. Our understanding is police officers will be bringing in food.

As an aside, all the renters in that building are now allowed to break their lease without repercussion via the force majeure clause in their contract.

compatibility mode

Postby Avalanche Lily » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 am

That sounds scary and I hope you're doing okay from mental standpoint.
With slouched hat and guilty eye

Avalanche Lily

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:05 am

This study makes me feel a little better when they break down the numbers. Sorry I'm on my phone in bed, not going to post snippets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51540981

Those freaking cruise ships, though. Floating toilets
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.

lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:26 am

so is it very serious or not

palmer eldritch

Postby joe » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 am

were you able to get toilet paper??? a box or two of tissues isn't gonna cut it

joe

Postby fester » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:30 am

The gin and tacos podcast had some interesting and somewhat reassuring stuff about "death displacement", where the first wave of something like this wipes out a lot of the most vulnerable who would have died soon anyway. Then after the wave of death goes through the mortality rate falls and it all sounds a lot less scary, unless you're an 80 year old chain smoker.
------------

fester

Postby compatibility mode » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:48 am

In all we have 24 packages of tissue paper so our butts will stay clean for a while. My major concern is there is still no word on CQ public schools opening and I'll need to do a border run in April, which if things don't change will reset my quarantine clock.

One cat still missing makes me sad but other cat seems to be happy with the development, surprisingly.

The dashboard that displays confirmed infections by location now has an other category for the cruise ship.

compatibility mode

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:42 am

loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby chimp » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 am

Sure, why not!!!!

chimp

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....