You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby manvstrees » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:30 am

i think i'm gonna be obsessed with documentation of this time in nyc
i hope photographers are safely getting out there

as someone who works at a photography school/museum in the city
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby k_uger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:32 am

k_uger wrote:okay, so right now I’m choosing between working about 15 hours a week for time and a half plus the remaining 25 hours paid for not even working... OR I use my company’s time off help pool with a shitload of other people until the company runs out of spare cash, no word on when that will be (I guess 4-6 weeks TOPS) and then I go on unemployment

I am reading, that to republicans’ chagrin, that the Senate bill adds $600 to everyone’s weekly unemployment check, which in my state caps at about $488, which is less than I make per week... BUT $1088 is more than I make..

anyway, should I do what those Republican pricks are worried about and make more money staying home? I’m also not necessary, my company is a non profit trying to stretch things as much as possible to find a role for folks, and I’ll happily take whichever raise is better

V important question so I’m gonna move it to this page.. having a hard time figuring out if that’s actually too good to be true

hell yes income redistribution if it is
guy forget wrote:it's hard to argue with the wheel

k_uger

Postby Lowercase Tea » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am

Thanks everyone. I try to keep a level head so we don’t stress each other out and exacerbate symptoms so I do appreciate the space y’all keep.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 am

k_uger wrote:
k_uger wrote:V important question so I’m gonna move it to this page.. having a hard time figuring out if that’s actually too good to be true

Unemployment isn't any kind of sure thing, and this is really probably the worst place to ask for advice about it... you have to file before you even understand what you might qualify for. At least, that is my experience. I don't even know if I qualify for it, being self-employed. I can continue to work in defiance of shelter orders in order to get paid if I have to, as my operation is uniquely solo. My advice would be to do some serious research and make actual phone calls, because nobody here will be able to tell you one way or the other. Err on the side of getting dicked.
Dennis Moore

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 am

But if I were you... I'd roll the dice and work the dole.
Dennis Moore

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 am

/
Last edited by Dennis Moore on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis Moore

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 am

Last edited by Dennis Moore on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Moore

Postby gashed » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:29 am

k_uger wrote:
k_uger wrote:okay, so right now I’m choosing between working about 15 hours a week for time and a half plus the remaining 25 hours paid for not even working... OR I use my company’s time off help pool with a shitload of other people until the company runs out of spare cash, no word on when that will be (I guess 4-6 weeks TOPS) and then I go on unemployment

I am reading, that to republicans’ chagrin, that the Senate bill adds $600 to everyone’s weekly unemployment check, which in my state caps at about $488, which is less than I make per week... BUT $1088 is more than I make..

anyway, should I do what those Republican pricks are worried about and make more money staying home? I’m also not necessary, my company is a non profit trying to stretch things as much as possible to find a role for folks, and I’ll happily take whichever raise is better

V important question so I’m gonna move it to this page.. having a hard time figuring out if that’s actually too good to be true

What's more valuable to this non-profit, your labor, or what they can do with the money you wont collect from them? If you're confident that the unemployment will work out that way, and that the organization would be better off without paying your salary, then i'd say take from the Gov't rather than a non-profit.

gashed

Postby compatibility mode » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 am

Anyone know if I still get the cash if I haven't filed taxes for the last two years?

compatibility mode

Postby compatibility mode » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 am

Probably not huh

compatibility mode

Postby Milk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 am

growinging wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:Didier Raoult is another Pynchon character btw

The attack on his physical appearance is stupid. But yes I listened to someone who has read his 24 people chloroquine "flash" trial and it's a mess. There's cutting corners in time of crisis, sure, but there's some disturbing biases there. Anyway in about 12 days now we should know if it really works. France is carrying larger trials.

A couple days ago i posted an article from another expert that was defending him but now that i'Ve seen the other side, i don't know. I,d say at this point since none of us are experts, just wait for the results.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 am

i havent watched any official talks from our pm as his face makes me so fucking mad but i did today and apparently we have been defining essential jobs as 'a job you have' rather than essential service : s
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:31 am

anyway we are now banned from leaving our regions as of tuesday. schools still open but in transition. they shut down gun stores today and the amount of take home booze u can take has been limited.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 am

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:i havent watched any official talks from our pm as his face makes me so fucking mad but i did today and apparently we have been defining essential jobs as 'a job you have' rather than essential service : s

i have learned this week you can point instagram funny face filters at videos of political figures and make them into clowns, that was fun
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby dragon jeans » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:21 am

As I've mentioned downthread, I'm currently residing in Berlin. I was planning to come back to the states for the month of May to play some gigs and visit my Mom, but the gigs are canceled and..... America is America-ing. I was talking to my mom the other day, who thankfully seems to be taking this seriously and also lives in a relatively rural area, and she was asking me if I would be able to take my flight back in late April. While I feel bad for not being able to see her -- I know she was really looking forward to it -- I had to ask her why I would come back? It's a shit show over there and I would have to quarantine when I got there. Conversely, I'm A-OK here in Germany and have free rent and health care if I need it, currently. She understood and didn't make a big fuss about it, but now all I can think of is that if she does catch it and dies, I will have skipped out on my chance to see her before then :(

I know that I'm making the right decision (most likely for everyone, cus I feel somewhat confident I had it about 2 weeks ago but it was just very mild) cus it would be a big financial hit for me and I would likely get stuck there for the foreseeable future, but it def sucks to just add this to the list of hard, anxiety inducing "correct" decisions we're all going to have to make for quite some time.

dragon jeans

Postby Milk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 am

Most of us wish we were in germany right now. Stay there for sure.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby mellowgold » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:40 am

s/ns wrote:
mellowgold wrote:Hi so my partner is a RN at a medium size hospital which has at least three confirmed covid19 patients. He’s a float which means they stick him wherever they need help. But we’re not sure how to navigate things at home. He may shower there and change out of scrubs and into clothes he brings, putting the scrubs in a bag. We talked about him isolating himself from me. We have a guest room and office area where he could sleep and hang out in. But doing that for the next several months seems impossible?

Not sure if anyone ITT is going thru the same situation or if anyone has advice in general. DMs also open!! Thanks in advance!!!! xo

This is going to sound shitty, but unless you have underlying issues that would put you at higher risk, you’re better off just going on with things as “normal” and not doing the whole separation thing. We’re in the early stages of a long process.

Signed- person whose wife is pulm crit care doctor at a large Chicago hospital.

Thanks for ur reply!!! Ugh yeah it just doesn’t make sense to isolate from each other for several months lol. I just wasn’t sure if there’s anything we could be doing to minimize things. ;(
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby Bernie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 am

Boris Johnson tested positive

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 am

Well, that’s a shame.

Robo-Chachi

Postby gambra » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:41 am

Taken from us so soon, RIP big dawg.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby thrang » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 am

Poor big ol’ dumb BJ. Didn’t know what hit him
thrang

Postby iambic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 am

oh no. how awful.

iambic

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 am

He got it done
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Bernie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:19 am

iambic wrote:oh no. how awful.

Is this the "aw, bless his heart" of ireland?

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby murderhorn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 am

he will have like a 75 percent approval rating soon

murderhorn

Postby dragon jeans » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:25 am

I feel like Trump would never admit if he had it, which sucks in terms of potential shadenfruede, but it also gives me hope that he currently has it right this second and is going kick the bucket at any moment.

dragon jeans

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:28 am

gonna be a work from home person starting next week
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby gashed » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 am

murderhorn wrote:he will have like a 75 percent approval rating soon

Followed shortly by 75% respiratory function

gashed

Postby hbb » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 am

dragon jeans wrote:I feel like Trump would never admit if he had it, which sucks in terms of potential shadenfruede, but it also gives me hope that he currently has it right this second and is going kick the bucket at any moment.

Probably the only way he’d say he had it is if he didn’t, so then he could say he beat it with his superior immune system and resolve
hbb

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:35 am

badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....