Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby NegativeCapability » Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 am

Fuckin hell my jaw just dropped. Fuckin insane and horrible. The fuck is wrong with those fans. She was so talented, cool and kind. This is so fucked up. :cry: :cry:
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

Location: I'm a nobody. You understand? And you can't kill a person with no body.

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 pm

This has been one of the most depressing times for wrestling in quite a while. Hopefully the AEW ppv tonight can be a bit of a ray of light. Honestly haven't kept up as much without the live crowds, but I have watched quite a bit still, and usually check the highlights. Shame Rey Fenix got absolutely demolished on that springboard to the outside on Dynamite. The ladder match is still pretty loaded, but I can't see it ending without another injury or two. Hopefully nothing to bad, but guys are just nuts these days. I just did a quick rundown of the card and it does look like a good time.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Shawn Spears (with Tully Blanchard)
Should be a solid match. Spears has won me over a bit which I honestly didn't think was possible, and I always enjoy Dustibln.

MJF (with Wardlow) vs. Jungle Boy
Good to see Jungle Boy with an opportunity to get some real shine. Should be a perfect vehicle to get heel heat for MJF and continue Jungle Boy's rise as an increasingly popular face. MJF wins by being a shithead and Jungle Boy looks strong in defeat type thing, I'd say.

Penelope Ford vs. Kris Statlander
Really not too familiar with these two lately or if they have a feud. Could be interesting, I guess.

Ladder match with a future AEW World Championship match on the line
Didn't realize there was a mystery competitor in this. Really no idea who it could be, but I'm definitely willing and able to mark out at a moments notice. Hopefully no one gets hurt too bad. Probably be a bit nerve racking.

Stadium Stampede match: The Elite (Adam Page, Kenny Omega, Matt Hardy, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) vs. The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz)
Always pumped for a ton of these guys. Kenny, Page, Sammy and Jericho especially. Sammy is becoming the breakout star of the company imo, even over Darby. Ready for some Cowboy Shit in this one.

AEW Women’s World Championship match: Nyla Rose (c) vs. Hikaru Shida
I really like Shida. Wouldn't mind a title change here, but I'm kinda doubting it for some reason.

AEW TNT Championship match: Cody Rhodes vs. Lance Archer
I *really* have no idea what to expect in this one. Both capable of delivering for sure. Hopefully Cody stays away from the overbooking and doesn't show up with a Star Trek tattoo on his face or something.

AEW World Championship match: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brodie Lee
This is such a WWE feeling main event. Feels weird. Very unlikely this is the best match on the card or anything, but could prove to be really entertaining. Another one where I can't imagine a title change, but I've been wrong plenty of times. Could anyone in the company honestly hope to compete with the title reign that Jericho had in terms of pure overall entertainment? It was absolutely incredible. *Possibly* Hangman which is pretty amazing considering how lackluster the response to him in the inaugural AEW Championship match with Jericho. He's been on fire since the drunken Cowboy Shit character broke out. A guy any company would be ecstatic to have, I'm sure.

Apologies for the essay here. Still get excited for some rasslin'.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby Double McDouble » Sat May 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Should be a good show tonight. Stadium stampede match should be tons of fun and I’m interested to see what they do with Tyson.

Main event feels random though for sure. I’m not buying Lee as an immediate world title contender and his promos have been hit or miss so I’m also not buying him as some convincing and charismatic cult leader. Can’t imagine either of them carrying the other to anything more than like a 3 star match too. Wish they had done Cody and Lee for the TV title and Moxley and Archer with Jake for the world title.

Also curious to see if they pull out a surprise debut for the mystery ladder entrant. Rusev possibly? Nvm looks like all of the recently released WWE people are under no compete clauses.
Double McDouble

Postby trigross » Sat May 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Lee is pretty bad on the mic and I have never liked the dark order but he's an ok worker. Probably won't be a very good match. They should've nixed the baker/kris match and I have no idea why they're doing the spears/Dustin match. These ppvs should be shorter tbh but everyone's gotta work I guess. I hope the mystery entrant is pac.

My friend moved his big tv to his porch and set up some distanced seating so it's gonna be a rowdy night which will be fun.

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby trigross » Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Also, yeah, I love hangman Adam page. What a hunk

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby trigross » Sat May 23, 2020 3:33 pm

and apropos of nothing a friend and I watched almost all of 2019 njpw in the past couple months and compiled a list of our faves with njpwworld links if anyone wants it

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby Pris » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

For MOTYC’s I’ve just got Hiromu vs Ospreay from the Dome, Hiromu vs Ryu Lee from 02-09, the men’s Rumble match and Hino vs Okabayashi from 01-01. Maybe add the Boneyard match.

I’ve watched some of the empty arena stuff, but mostly it just doesn’t interest me at all.

Pris

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Double McDouble wrote:Also curious to see if they pull out a surprise debut for the mystery ladder entrant. Rusev possibly? Nvm looks like all of the recently released WWE people are under no compete clauses.

What about Marty Scurll or Flip Gordon? No idea their status. Big debuts just aren't the same without the audience pop. C'est la vie, I guess.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I yelled out at the final spot of that match and that rarely happens.
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

Vote on the Best Album of 2019:
https://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132517

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 23, 2020 7:38 pm

potentialgetawaydriver wrote:
Double McDouble wrote:Also curious to see if they pull out a surprise debut for the mystery ladder entrant. Rusev possibly? Nvm looks like all of the recently released WWE people are under no compete clauses.

What about Marty Scurll or Flip Gordon? No idea their status. Big debuts just aren't the same without the audience pop. C'est la vie, I guess.

Both under ROH contract

buriedinspace

Postby Double McDouble » Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Loving this show so far
Double McDouble

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Yeah I'm glad I remembered this was on. Stream keeps breaking during one good spot a match so far tho
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Wow MJF vs Jungle Boy exceeded all expectations. MJF looked WAY more capable in the ring than I've ever seen him, and such an clear face/heel dynamic is really rare anymore. That said I'd be happy never to see an apron neck bump again in my life. MJF going full Ibushi tonight wtf. And Jungle Boy is like a damn Steamboat or Tanahashi with how pure a face he is. Really, really dig that. Missed the opening ladder match save the highlights. Looked wild.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby Double McDouble » Sat May 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Lol at them cutting to a yawning Tyson then quickly cutting away
Double McDouble

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Weird match order tonight. The ladder match and TNT match felt like the two biggest and went on early. Then all the so-so looking matches in the middle.

I mean, Stadium Stampede is supposed to be great, so, I guess maybe it might headline? But Mox/Lee is a weird main event, if they go that way.

buriedinspace

Postby Amblin » Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Brodie Lee would look cooler if he cleaned up that beard

Amblin

Postby Double McDouble » Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Match was so much better than I expected it to be. This stadium stampede match feels like it will be a classic.
Double McDouble

Postby figaro2 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 pm

this is so incredibly stupid

i love it
figaro2

Postby Amblin » Sat May 23, 2020 10:09 pm

I knew the horse thing was coming but it was still sick as hell

Amblin

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 pm

This is it. This is the best match of all time
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 pm

That was the best show of the empty arena era, bar none.

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Ladder: ***3/4
MJF/JB: ****
Shida/Rose: ***1/2
Moxley/Lee: ****
Stampede: ****1/2

Given the limitations, kind of amazing

buriedinspace

Postby Marx & Engels » Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Yeah I went in with pretty low expectations, especially with the rough go-home show and buy-in match. Having five matches of that caliber (plus Cody/Archer, which had its moments, and Statlander/Ford, which was solid despite having no build) was a very pleasant surprise.

Honestly might have been the most I enjoyed an AEW PPV

Marx & Engels

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Mon May 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Wow, actually laughed way too hard at the latest Being The Elite vid they just put out with the memorial service for Vanguard 1. Hadn't watched much since the old days, but this shit was probably the funniest thing they've done, imo. Recommended viewing if you're into that stuff.

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby Pris » Wed May 27, 2020 11:06 am

Watching the Raw building to Summerslam with Austin vs Owen & Bulldog. Shawn returned to do a promo. I think he may have been on drugs. And they ruined the surprise of him returning by having him wander out to Austin’s music in the first segment.

These shows are wild & enjoyable. Crazy how much the company would change in a year.

Pris

Postby Double McDouble » Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am

Who’s ready for Jericho v. Tyson?
Double McDouble

Postby buriedinspace » Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Both AEW and NXT did about 100k up from their pandemic era bests last night.

AEW especially feels like it's almost back to a normal feel, even though whenever fans are back I'll probably eat those words.

buriedinspace

Postby garbiel » Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 pm

mike tyson would kick jericho's ass
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

garbiel

Postby buriedinspace » Thu May 28, 2020 8:28 pm

garbiel wrote:mike tyson would kick jericho's ass

Wow, bold words.

I kinda wish it was MJF/Tyson? That feels like it'd be a good run for him. I guess he'd need to get humbled in the end though? I suppose Jericho can take that sort of thing easier than Max could.

buriedinspace

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....